MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > Chit Chat

Old 2009-02-24, 09:39
blitz906
Okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko
I'm downloading it right now from Steam. It looks like it uses a lot of the same functions as Counter-Strike.

Functions as in controls? The gameplay is pretty much the same concept if that's what you mean.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CompelledToLacerate
God, the Japanese are so weird. This HAS to be the long term effects of the atom bombs. No one is that weird on purpose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomli
The slams in that song always kill me. First time I heard that song I was like "Too much heaviness - brain collapse" but now I could murder my family to that one

Old 2009-02-24, 09:44
Pr0az
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz906
Oh Christ, yes! You have no idea what you're missing dude! HL2 and the expansions are fucking epic. Go watch some of the gameplay videos and you'll know what I mean.

For some reason I still love Counter Strike more. I can't stand HL even tho without it CS wouldn't be here.

Old 2009-03-01, 02:09
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

I just beat Half-life 2. Man, you were right.. that game is fucking AWESOME. Great atmosphere, gameplay, interactions, bla bla bla it ruled. Next are Episodes 1 & 2 (any idea when 3 is coming out?).

I just ordered a new CPU (for $20!) so if all goes well, I should be able to play Fallout 3 without having to buy a military-issued super computer.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2009-03-01, 02:53
blitz906
Okay.

Quote:
I just beat Half-life 2. Man, you were right.. that game is fucking AWESOME. Great atmosphere, gameplay, interactions, bla bla bla it ruled. Next are Episodes 1 & 2 (any idea when 3 is coming out?).

Yeah the real-world physics are terrific aren't they? Like when you kill a combine and he falls down a cliff or flight of stairs or whatever and his body goes limp like a ragdoll, like a real dead body would... makes older first person shooter's seem lame in comparison. The gravity gun was one of my favourite things to play with too. Sometimes I would aimlessly walk around throwing and breaking objects for the hell of it

I don't think you can expect Episode 3 anytime soon; probably not until 2010 according to this article.

Here's a good trailer though.
Quote:
God, the Japanese are so weird. This HAS to be the long term effects of the atom bombs. No one is that weird on purpose.
Quote:
The slams in that song always kill me. First time I heard that song I was like "Too much heaviness - brain collapse" but now I could murder my family to that one

Old 2009-03-01, 08:01
Innards-Decay
Post-whore

Quote:

I just ordered a new CPU (for $20!) so if all goes well, I should be able to play Fallout 3 without having to buy a military-issued super computer.

Anything military issued will break in an hour of being taken out of the box. I know this, I have done this, you do not want this.

Old 2009-03-01, 08:29
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Quote:
Yeah the real-world physics are terrific aren't they? Like when you kill a combine and he falls down a cliff or flight of stairs or whatever and his body goes limp like a ragdoll, like a real dead body would... makes older first person shooter's seem lame in comparison. The gravity gun was one of my favourite things to play with too. Sometimes I would aimlessly walk around throwing and breaking objects for the hell of it

Yeah, the havoc physics engine is pretty great and allows you to have a lot of fun with the gravity gun.
Quote:

I believe that trailer is for Episode 2 which is already released.

Starting Episode One right now! Fuck you, productivity!
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2009-03-01, 11:39
blitz906
Okay.

Quote:
I believe that trailer is for Episode 2 which is already released.

Shit! I didn't realize that until you mentioned it Apparently there is no trailer/gameplay footage yet. Oh well.
Quote:
Quote:

Old 2009-03-02, 23:17
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Paddy: Expansions. Have you played any of them yet? I just started the first Episode.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2009-03-02, 23:29
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:

Paddy: Expansions. Have you played any of them yet? I just started the first Episode.
Yeah, I've played everything that's available, and even went back and played the original games and their expansions, I was that impressed with it. Episode Two is pretty good, lots more freedom to explore than previous outings (although it's by no means a sandbox game). The new vehicles are funky as hell too. The Hunter enemies are great additions; there's a certain panic that grabs you every time you spot one haha.

The first episode is great as well, especially with the inclusions of HDR graphics. How far into it are you? I haven't played it in a while, I can't remember a hell of a lot about it off the top of my head. Must install it again actually...

I'm eagerly awaiting the final episode, but I don't think it's coming for a long, long time. I say "final episode", it's the final episode in the current story arc, but there may be future sequels in the Half-Life franchise involving different characters/settings.

Definitely one of the top games of the past decade

Last edited by Paddy : 2009-03-05 at 23:49.

Old 2009-03-03, 01:18
JoeYngVai
Vaginal Warts

I have episode two in the Orange Box back home. I know this is a "PC" thread, but fuck it, I played and loved Half Life 2. I was hesitant to play the second episode for two reasons:
1. I was scared that it wouldn't be good.
2. I didn't quite finish the first episode

Blackwater (Friend's Metal Band)
MY WEBSITE!

R.I.P Paddy. My dear and loving father will never be forgotten.

Old 2009-03-04, 15:13
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

I've been playing a few oldies lately with the help of ScummVM. Namely the old adventure games from the early 90's, such as the "Monkey Island" series, "Beneath a Steel Sky", "Full Throttle", "Broken Sword", etc. Today I started playing "I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream" for the first time, a pretty interesting/depressing little gem based on the short story of the same name.

Am I alone in my love of these classics?

Old 2009-03-04, 19:08
Wolfsherz
Post-whore

No, Monkey Island games are wonderful.

Aosoth - New album III out now on Agonia Recs
Epoch - bass, guitars, drums, MetaStasizing out asap
Asphixa - bass, demo out asap
Adustum - bass, guitars, full length out soon on XXXXXXXXXX recs

Quote:
Originally Posted by far_beyond_sane
Tetianblood? ... Well, 'Necrosemen' to you too. Twat.

Old 2009-03-04, 20:49
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfsherz
No, Monkey Island games are wonderful.
Yes! YES! Well, the 4th was a little annoying, mainly because of the interface and the Monkey Kombat. I truly lament the development of 3D graphics sometimes. That said, I've heard that the last 2 Broken Sword games (which were 3D) are to be remade in 2D, and that future games will be returning to the 2D format. I hope to Allah that's true (I prefer praying to Allah; that muthafucka gets shit DONE!). But you can't beat the first 2 (and I suppose the 3rd, to a lesser extent) Monkey Island games.

How appropriate, you fight like a cow. Genius.

Fuck, we should start some insult sword fighting! I'll begin:

You're a fucking cunt with a stupid cunt's face!

Let's be havin' ya, Threepwood!

Old 2009-03-04, 22:58
autumncurve
Post-whore

broken sword 1 and 2 are amazing, monkey island 3 is great too, i had 4 and it was good but 3D is a pain. i love a good point and click adventure!
if they can make a really smooth cartoon effect in the new broken sword that would be awesome! especially in HD.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs. malicious
someone's a little behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBehemoth
I'll take you from behind!

-grindcore (featuring newHELLonEARTH)- Krossa
-"Neo-Classical Heathen Folk"- Ellylldan
-experimental/middle eastern themed/folk/ambient- Soft Temple
-experimental/post rock/downtempo- Silence Over Okhotsk

Old 2009-03-05, 03:57
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Right now I'm driving around the car in Episode 2 just after the Combine trap with the 3 hunters.

Anyone ever play MDK by Shiny? The sequel isn't anything special.. kinda cheesy but the first one is fucking aweomse and WEIRD.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2009-03-05, 07:15
JoeYngVai
Vaginal Warts

I've played like 10 minutes of MDK. I've heard other people say some good things about it, too.

Blackwater (Friend's Metal Band)
MY WEBSITE!

R.I.P Paddy. My dear and loving father will never be forgotten.

Old 2009-03-05, 15:07
Wolfsherz
Post-whore

Holy cow. Stalker is the creepiest game I've ever played.

Quote:

Old 2009-03-05, 17:36
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
Holy cow. Stalker is the creepiest game I've ever played.
Yeah, I loved that game! It's a pretty bleak experience, too. Very atmospheric, regardless of the instability of the game's engine. That controller mutant thing in the sewers scared the fuck outta me the first time I encountered it haha.

I haven't given the sequel much time though, I must fire it up later and see what's what! It crashed a few times when I first got it and I just got pissed off with it, but there have been several patches released since then, so hopefully it's a little more stable. Have you played "Clear Sky" yet, Wolfsherz?

Old 2009-03-05, 22:53
Wolfsherz
Post-whore

No not yet, first I'm gonna try and see if I'm man enough to finish this.

Dear God, when you enter the laboratories and those boxes start floating.

I had to play that with sound off, I swear. Good quality headsets can be a curse.

Quote:

Old 2009-03-05, 23:45
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
No not yet, first I'm gonna try and see if I'm man enough to finish this.

Dear God, when you enter the laboratories and those boxes start floating.

I had to play that with sound off, I swear. Good quality headsets can be a curse.
Besides the controller in the sewers there was one other part that made me shit half a brick, and that was in the laboratories (I believe) where you hear the heavy, thumping footsteps of some huge monster roaming around the corridors, and then you meet it and it sort of trudges towards you haha. The blood suckers are a bit freaky too, even in broad daylight.

Have you played Condemned: Criminal Origins? That's a much creepier game! You should definitely check it out if you haven't already. The F.E.A.R. games share some of the same ghostly, "poltergeisty" elements with S.T.A.L.K.E.R., but I think the latter is significantly more effective.

I remember back in 2001 Clive Barker's Undying was released, and it was really spooky. I installed it again about 6 years later and I was nearly laughing out loud every other minute - the graphics were so dated that it had lost all impact. His last game, Jericho, was completely disappointing from day one, though.

The original Doom games had their share of unsettling moments. I remember stumbling across a secret room which was kitted out with Hellraiser-esque chains and hooks, with blood and meat all over the floor. The whole game was just a huge grotesque spectacle! Apparently the 4th Doom is to return to its roots (the 3rd seemed to completely contradict the original story and betrayed the original gameplay) which will hopefully involve some serious levels of demonic grossness

Old 2009-03-06, 04:11
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

I've read a lot about STALKER, sounds like I should pick it up. Does the Ukraine put out a lot of games?

Oh shit, they're making a Doom 4? Awesome news. Doom 3 was definitely creepy the first time around.

I beat Episode 2 last night.. I'm bummed its all over - I was really immersed in it. Hopefully E3 will be about in a year and before then I'll probably run through the game again on hard or something.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2009-03-06, 11:49
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

I think Bioshock was one of the greatest games I played so far.
The atmosphere there is absoluetly brilliant...Creepy and dark and sometimes very morbid

Great game
I`m near to finish Killzone

R.I.P moe

Old 2009-03-06, 12:04
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
I've read a lot about STALKER, sounds like I should pick it up. Does the Ukraine put out a lot of games?
Not too many that I'm aware of haha. You should definitely give it a try, though. It's a first person shooter with some "light" RPG elements (such as weapon upgrades, trading items with other NPCs, carrying out side missions, etc.). I'm not usually into RPGs but I really got into this game! The atmos is great (one of the best I've experienced in a game) and if you can overlook the bugs and crashes, it's very engaging.

Quote:
Oh shit, they're making a Doom 4? Awesome news. Doom 3 was definitely creepy the first time around.
I enjoyed Doom 3 up until I realised that every level was no different than the one which preceded it:

Darkness
Find the Keycard
Kill the Monster
Darkness
Get the Ammo
Find the Keycard
Kill the Monster
Darkness
Darkness

Every single level looked identical, too. I know it's all taking place on the same space station, but shit...!

Quote:
I beat Episode 2 last night.. I'm bummed its all over - I was really immersed in it. Hopefully E3 will be about in a year and before then I'll probably run through the game again on hard or something.
Yeah, I'm looking forward to E3! In the meantime you can revisit HL2 by fucking around with the console commands. You can spawn dozens of citizens and Combine soldiers and watch them fuck each other up haha. You can also fuck with the gravity gun to make it capable of picking up huge objects, like broken down cars and such, or increase the distance from which it can grab objects. A word of warning though, if you try to pick up a Combine armoured vehicle the game will shit itself and crash.

With the NPC war idea you can enter a command that will remove the AI of the NPCs, so you can place them all where you want without them starting the fight instantly. When you're ready to rumble just enable the AI again and watch the show Chuck in an Antlion Guard for good measure!

You can also bind certain commands to the keys of your choosing, which opens up the game even further. It's great fun seeing how many ways you can fuck up the flow of the game by killing certain people early or making drop ships disappear before they can land and unload their soldiers, etc.

I spent more time messing around with HL2 than I did playing it straight haha. Lot's o' fun to be had there!

Old 2009-03-07, 23:26
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

I'll definitley try out STALKER after I get a new graphics card and beat Fallout 3.

I'll have to try out that NPC war. I tried out the online HL Deathmatch but I couldn't get into it. I don't like the multiplayer games that just continue to respawn everyone instantly after death making it run-and-gun madness. So, I decided to buy CS but I can't find a straight, decent game. Every server has 'potions' and 'spells' and this newbish map at the top of the screen that takes away all the fun. It also takes 5 minutes to log into a server because it has to install millions of stupid little sound clips and novelties. Are you able to 'return' games on steam? I can't find an option to do so.

Now I'm downloading the original CS. Oh man, good ol' days. I use to be in a gay clan and everything like 7 years ago. We were actually pretty decent and my 2v2 team was in the top 20 on the national ranking board thingy-majig.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Last edited by Darko : 2009-03-07 at 23:32.

Old 2009-03-07, 23:33
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
What the fuck is up with Counter-strike?
I never play online, so I can't comment haha. I think the last game I played online with any interest was the free shooter "Tactical Ops". Had some good times with that game back in the day, fighting my brothers and their work mates via my 56k modem

EDIT: Ahh you edited your post just as I made mine haha.

Old 2009-03-09, 19:26
Requiem
Post-whore

Anyone here play Starcraft on Battle.net?

I just started playing again.

Old 2009-03-09, 22:35
drawn&quartered
Too _____, wouldn't fuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem
Anyone here play Starcraft on Battle.net?

I just started playing again.

I have been trying to. On my desktop whenever I join a game I drop out, even though my internet connection is fine. It may be a router problem, I don't know. On my laptop sc completely crashes after a minute into an online game, but it can run warcraft 3 completley fine. I really want to play battlenet games again

I'm going to try and do some google research and fix it however. My traditional SN is Bloody_poop on USwest gateway.

edit: I can now play, anyone up for metaltabs starcraft?

NEGROGENESIS

Last edited by drawn&quartered : 2009-03-10 at 02:59.

Old 2009-03-10, 16:50
Requiem
Post-whore

I'll be up for some games tonight. We can only 1v1 to keep lag at a minimal. My gf's internet connection is terrible. She's paying for a 2mb connection I think but they are giving her about 500kb. So I might call those cunts to get it fixed.

What time zone are you in and what time would you like to play? (I'm a noob fyi)

Old 2009-03-10, 18:47
drawn&quartered
Too _____, wouldn't fuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem
I'll be up for some games tonight. We can only 1v1 to keep lag at a minimal. My gf's internet connection is terrible. She's paying for a 2mb connection I think but they are giving her about 500kb. So I might call those cunts to get it fixed.

What time zone are you in and what time would you like to play? (I'm a noob fyi)

I'm in Colorado so I think Mountain Time. Even after 8 years of having this game I'm still pretty bad, so don't worry.

The best way to meet up with someone on bnet is to add their account to friends list. friends list will tell who whos online and such. the command would be /f add personsname. so /f add bloody_poop

NEGROGENESIS

Old 2009-03-10, 19:20
Requiem
Post-whore

Ok cool.

/f add xRequiem

The above is for Eastern Servers.

The below user name is for Western Servers.

/f add iRequiem

Old 2009-03-11, 00:24
Requiem
Post-whore

Which server are you on?

Are you online atm?

Old 2009-03-11, 00:34
drawn&quartered
Too _____, wouldn't fuck

USwest, i'm usually online but sometimes in on warcraft and I go by Rancid. when im on there.

wc, sc and diablo all use the same chat rooms sort-of.

NEGROGENESIS

Old 2009-03-11, 13:39
Wolfsherz
Post-whore

Is it me or is the Unreal Tournament III-modding community lazy?
UT2004 could be turned into a hundred vastly different games, so far UT3 doesn't have a decent total overhaul-mod yet... And it's been out for quite some time, no?

Quote:

Old 2009-03-11, 16:07
Requiem
Post-whore

UT2004 > UT 3

Programmers dont need to waste their time on that shit. UT 3 was a huge let down for many FPS lovers.

Old 2009-03-11, 16:38
Wolfsherz
Post-whore

How's that?

I barely follow the media in game-world.

Quote:

Old 2009-03-11, 22:26
Pr0az
Post-whore

Yea whats the difference?

Old 2009-03-12, 00:46
Requiem
Post-whore

Different engine.

Old 2009-03-12, 21:46
blitz906
Okay.

Does anybody here play Starsiege: Tribes? Just started playing that last night for the first time in fucking years... and I had no idea how much I missed it
Quote:
Quote:

Old 2009-03-13, 00:38
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Monkey Island fans who also happen to be aspiring voice artists, look here:

http://speechproject.mixnmojo.com/

I've never understood why LucasArts didn't release a talkie version of the first 2 Monkey Island games; earlier games which weren't as important (budget-wise) had voices, like the Indiana Jones adventures. Strange.

The samples I've heard so far are quite good, a lot better than I expected.

Old 2009-05-04, 14:43
Requiem
Post-whore

QUAKE LIVE IS THE SHIT!

Old 2009-05-04, 20:32
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

I need a new sound card for my computer...

Old 2009-05-05, 00:53
blitz906
Okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xgrafcorex
I need a new sound card for my computer...

You could just buy a USB sound card. They're much cheaper, and they actually sound pretty good.
Quote:
Quote:

Old 2009-05-05, 00:59
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
You could just buy a USB sound card. They're much cheaper, and they actually sound pretty good.
Holy fuck, I didn't know those existed. That's pretty funky!

Old 2009-05-05, 01:09
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

Quote:

Hmm, I've never seen these either. The thing is, I have one of those Creative 5.1 speaker set ups..I don't think that thing will let me run those. Wouldn't be bad for the meantime though.

Old 2009-05-05, 04:58
blitz906
Okay.

Yeah I had to buy one when my sound card got fried a few years ago... only cost me about four or five dollars. If I lived closer I'd just give it to you xgraf I have no need for it now since I got a new PC.
Quote:
Quote:

Old 2009-06-01, 19:58
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Holy shitting monks of the first church of the shitting latter day saints, there's a new episodic series of Monkey Island games headed our way on July 7th!!

http://www.telltalegames.com/store/talesofmonkeyisland

I'm literally happy. I could cry and kiss an old woman's fat legs, I'm that happy.

They said it'd be at least another decade before another MI game would even be considered - they were just messin' with my head!

Old 2009-06-02, 08:10
Wolfsherz
Post-whore

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMONKEYISLANDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Quote:

Old 2009-06-02, 08:26
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMONKEYISLANDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
FUCK YEAH!

They're also remaking the first game with updated graphics and voice overs, and as far as I can tell there's an option for you to switch between the new game and the old game seamlessly any time you want; the new graphics are built directly upon the old. Interesting idea (although I think it's already been done before, R-Type being one example).

I wonder if they'll do the same with the second game.

Ahhh what a time to be alive!

Old 2009-06-03, 00:44
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

WTF is monkey island?!

I just re-installed the classic Postal. Man, this game is still fucked up! Not as fun as I remember, though.

EDIT: Portal - Postal.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Last edited by Darko : 2009-06-03 at 19:30.

Old 2009-06-03, 09:00
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
WTF is monkey island?!

I just re-installed the classic Portal. Man, this game is still fucked up! Not as fun as I remember, though.
Portal is a fuckin' good game, I'm eager for a sequel or at least some new maps. There's only so many times you can play through it before it gets a little stale, and given that it's a puzzle game that's not surprising, I suppose. Still, if I hold off playing it for a year or so I find that I forget most of the more difficult puzzles haha.

Monkey Island is a series of games, starting from 1990-ish onwards. They're point 'n' click graphical adventures (think Broken Sword, Discworld, etc.). They're quite funny, and became the benchmarks for these sorts of games back when adventures were still popular. It looks like the genre is having a resurgence of interest, which is good news for me, as these type of games are my most favouritest

Old 2009-06-03, 14:26
blitz906
Okay.

Have you ever played any of the Quest for Glory series Paddy?
Quote:
Quote:

Old 2009-06-03, 14:58
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
Have you ever played any of the Quest for Glory series Paddy?
Nah, I hadn't heard of them but having just looked them up I can say that I probably would have been into them back in the day. I wouldn't have been too keen on the combat element, though.

Last edited by Paddy : 2009-11-18 at 15:19. Reason: Typo

Old 2009-06-03, 19:29
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Portal is a fuckin' good game, I'm eager for a sequel or at least some new maps. There's only so many times you can play through it before it gets a little stale, and given that it's a puzzle game that's not surprising, I suppose. Still, if I hold off playing it for a year or so I find that I forget most of the more difficult puzzles haha.

Monkey Island is a series of games, starting from 1990-ish onwards. They're point 'n' click graphical adventures (think Broken Sword, Discworld, etc.). They're quite funny, and became the benchmarks for these sorts of games back when adventures were still popular. It looks like the genre is having a resurgence of interest, which is good news for me, as these type of games are my most favouritest

SHIT! I mean "Postal", not Portal. Portal is fucking awesome and will never get old. Classic. Masterpiece. Art. Postal is a game where you have to kill every single person in a bunch of towns across America and end up throwing a grenade into a preschool playground.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2009-06-03, 19:48
Wolfsherz
Post-whore

No the thing is you don't HAVE to. You can complete that entire game without killing anyone.

Also, GTA IV. Holy fucking shit man is this a great game. Bit of a crappy PC-engine, but doesn't hurt the experience too much. And it's a bigass engaging experience alright.

Quote:

Old 2009-06-03, 22:01
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

I'm pretty sure you do to advance to the next level. That's why there is a kill count at the top of the screen saying "# people left" and then you go to the next level.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2009-06-03, 23:04
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
SHIT! I mean "Postal", not Portal. Portal is fucking awesome and will never get old. Classic. Masterpiece. Art. Postal is a game where you have to kill every single person in a bunch of towns across America and end up throwing a grenade into a preschool playground.
I was addicted to Postal II for a long time, it's just endless fun, and the mods are even better. Postal III looks like it might be promising, too. It's in third-person this time, though, like the first game. I prefer first-person, but what can ya do?

Quote:
No the thing is you don't HAVE to. You can complete that entire game without killing anyone.
True, and it's kinda ironic that the people playing this game in that way are total psychopaths haha.

Quote:
Also, GTA IV. Holy fucking shit man is this a great game. Bit of a crappy PC-engine, but doesn't hurt the experience too much. And it's a bigass engaging experience alright.
I really like this game, although I enjoyed San Andreas much more. The PC port isn't great, and there are memory leaks and other performance issues, but it's still a massively enjoyable game. The GTA story missions don't interest me a hell of a lot, I just love exploring with God Mode and infinite ammo switched on

Quote:
I'm pretty sure you do to advance to the next level. That's why there is a kill count at the top of the screen saying "# people left" and then you go to the next level.
I think the general idea is that people who are trying to kill you or who are generally considered "enemies" are fine, but civilians and cops aren't. I never really played the first Postal, but maybe that philosophy only took root in the sequel.

An interesting debate, actually. Is killing children or the elderly in games wrong? I can't for the life of me understand why censors forbid or at least severely frown upon that. I mean, we're ascribing human characteristics and human rights to fucking pixels, like "it's not morally correct to kill this set of sprites, but these other sprites can be killed guilt-free". It's bizarre. I'm just surprised that we haven't had any RIGHTS FOR SPRITES protest marches through Silicon Valley. We anthropomorphise just about anything that remotely resembles a human face. Fucking finding Jesus' face in your fucking biscuits is a good fucking example. FUCKING.

Of course if impressionable kids play a game where computerised kids are being butchered, it may or may not have an effect (I don't really know, to be honest) but that's half the problem - keep your fucking kids away from games that are clearly marked as adult games. We don't try to ban or censor porn or films because kids might have access to them (although they may be censored for other reasons) so why should games be any different?

WHO'S WITH ME?! RAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Last edited by Paddy : 2009-06-03 at 23:06.

Old 2009-06-04, 02:37
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

True, in the first Postal (I typed Portal first, again) you don't have to kill the civilians, but you do have to kill all of the police/SWAT/army guys to advance. I've never played the sequel. It looked cool, but it also looked like it would get old pretty fast. I have to say that ramming your gun up a cat's ass and using it as a silencer is pretty rad. If I had found that game 6 years ago I would have been seriously hooked.

As I type this I'm downloading a game called "Psychonauts" from Steam. I recently read an article about it on Cracked and other games the writer thought should be considered modern art so I watched a couple previews on youtube and decided I should give it a shot.

I really, really, really want to play Fallout 3 (and I've had the game sitting on my desk for about 3 months) but my graphics card doesn't have the balls. Its funny, I'm too cheap to bust out $150 for a new card, but I'll easily spend that and then some on booze/drugs over the course of a month.

I'm pretty sure we're all on the same page about video games and violence.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2009-06-04, 21:05
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
True, in the first Postal (I typed Portal first, again) you don't have to kill the civilians, but you do have to kill all of the police/SWAT/army guys to advance. I've never played the sequel. It looked cool, but it also looked like it would get old pretty fast. I have to say that ramming your gun up a cat's ass and using it as a silencer is pretty rad. If I had found that game 6 years ago I would have been seriously hooked.
I think I played Postal many moons ago when my brother recommended it to me, mainly for pissing on people and such. I don't know what happened, but I only ended up playing it a few times. I found the sequel way later than everyone else, and when I heard that it was a first person shooter built on the Unreal engine I had to have a look, and I was hooked. I still install it every now and again just to let off some steam haha. I highly recommend you give it a go - it has a killable Gary Coleman in it!

Quote:
As I type this I'm downloading a game called "Psychonauts" from Steam. I recently read an article about it on Cracked and other games the writer thought should be considered modern art so I watched a couple previews on youtube and decided I should give it a shot.
I'd heard of this game, and was interested because of the "adventure game" elements of it, but I read that the mashing together of these different gameplay types didn't really work much. Kinda like "Jack of all trades, master of fuck-all". Lemme know what you think of it!

Quote:
I really, really, really want to play Fallout 3 (and I've had the game sitting on my desk for about 3 months) but my graphics card doesn't have the balls. Its funny, I'm too cheap to bust out $150 for a new card, but I'll easily spend that and then some on booze/drugs over the course of a month.
I'm in the same boat, but for a different reason - overheating. I have an nVidia 8800GTX (OH YES!), an Intel Q6600 Quad Core processor and a personalised, monogrammed midget but it's not much use to me for the more modern games like GTA IV and even Fallout. I start noticing problems with the performance after a while, and when I check the temps I'm hitting 100+ degrees. I've read that the GTX can handle those temps, but apparently that just means it won't fry - it doesn't necessarily mean it will perform as normal. So, I'm looking to buy some sort of cooler block for the card, and if you have any suggestions I'll be most grateful I posted about this in one of the RTTs, and linked to a cooler I was tempted to buy. Do you know much about that shit?

Quote:
I'm pretty sure we're all on the same page about video games and violence.
Amen, brutha! Jack Thompson can such my savoury meat-cabbage.

Old 2009-06-05, 20:03
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

I found Postal when I was like.. 14 or 15. My aunt gave it to my dad as a gag gift for his birthday and I thought it looked awesome so I installed it. We only had one family computer at the time that was located in a room connected to my parents bedroom so my mom could normally hear whatever I was doing (Palmela Handerson and I always had to be very quite). I was playing the game one day and she freaked out when she heard the hordes of screaming people and women asking to be killed. She made me uninstall it! I didn't and decided it best to continue to play, only with headphones

So far Psychonauts is pretty rad and its twisted gameplay looks promising. I've only put a little over an hour into it though so i'll let you know once I really dive into it. Here is that article that I introduced me to it: 10 Video Games That Should Be Considered Modern Art

I don't know much at all about cooling systems/fans.. sowwy. You should go to a computer store and talk to a professional about what would be best for you.

My friend just gave me his beta key for Starcraft 2. I am SO FUCKING STOAKED. Once that game comes out, my life is over. OVER! Paddy, I remember you saying you could never really get into RTS type games, but check out this recently released "battle report" of SC2. Its a video of an entire scrimmage with commentary and it looks fucking awesome.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Last edited by Darko : 2009-06-05 at 20:10.

Old 2009-08-23, 19:18
drawn&quartered
Too _____, wouldn't fuck

Another WoW expansion is coming out...after quiting for the third time I think im gonna go ahead and re-install

NEGROGENESIS

Old 2009-08-24, 01:13
blitz906
Okay.

I've been fucking hooked on Zombie Panic lately.

For those of you who have never heard of it, it's a multiplayer mod for Half-Life 2.
Quote:
Quote:

Old 2009-09-04, 16:36
bunny
Guardian of Lost Souls
Forum Leader

i can't wait for diablo iii to come out!! the latest character the monk looks fuckin' cool (imho)

i bought 'summoner' for the grand price of 47p earlier this week, haven't played it yet but it's sitting here patiently waiting lol

----

"Bunny is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside a clump of smegma" one of the other inmates describing me.

Old 2009-09-05, 06:11
blitz906
Okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunny
i can't wait for diablo iii to come out!! the latest character the monk looks fuckin' cool (imho)

Haha it'll be a miracle when it finally is released. How long has it been since Diablo II was released?
Quote:
Quote:

Old 2009-09-05, 09:24
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

2000 I guess?
I`m nearly at the end of Crysis now (new PC, full details) Fuckin eye orgasm this game!

R.I.P moe

Old 2009-09-05, 10:31
blitz906
Okay.

Quote:
2000 I guess?

You are correct! I just looked it up on gamespot.com - Release Date: Jun 29, 2000.

Almost a decade since the last Diablo.
Quote:
Quote:

Old 2009-09-05, 11:49
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

That`s a pretty long time actually. But I think they were just too busy with WoW (wut a shitty game )

R.I.P moe

Old 2009-09-05, 14:21
drawn&quartered
Too _____, wouldn't fuck

WoW was pretty fun at first. then they started dumbing it down so no one would cry and releasing expansion after expansion

NEGROGENESIS

Old 2009-09-05, 14:48
blitz906
Okay.

Quote:
That`s a pretty long time actually. But I think they were just too busy with WoW (wut a shitty game )

Yeah I personally never liked WoW. Besides, I knew quite a few people that got severely addicted to it haha. So it's probably for the best that I never bothered with it.
Quote:
Quote:

Old 2009-09-05, 15:27
bunny
Guardian of Lost Souls
Forum Leader

yeah i have diablo iii pre-ordered & it comes out in middle of my studies but am sure i'll be able to get a little play time with it lol

i played WoW on the free trial & didn't like it played other mmo's since then & they are okay *shrug*

----

"Bunny is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside a clump of smegma" one of the other inmates describing me.

Old 2009-09-06, 17:19
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

I just completed Crysis and Crysis: Warhead. Have you played the latter, Gomli? It's got quite a few improvements over the original, including some new weaponry. It's not a sequel, it's a sort of tangent from the first game. You play as Psycho (voiced by Sean Chapman, also known as Frank from Hellraiser 1 & 2!), and the game coincides with Nomad's travels which take place on the other side of the island. I think the engine had been optimised a little better for Warhead, too. It seemed to run a lot smoother for me than Crysis.

I bought the Hitman: Ultimate Contract collection recently (well, my lovely wee bro bought it for me). It's got all 4 games on one disc, all fully patched and without copy protection - no need for No-CD cracks! It was about Ł14, can't go wrong

I could never get into WoW, nor indeed WoW-like games in general. I think the closest thing to that sort of RPG style I've played with any enthusiasm is the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series and Fallout 3.

I started replaying Half-Life 2 with SMOD Redux installed (adds more weapons, extreme gore, more enemies, friendly-fire, etc.). I think the creator of this mod is a Postal 2 fan, because the kick męlée attack is identical to The Postal Dude's, as is the shovel attack which allows both a swing and a "dig" haha. You should check out this mod, Darko, especially if you've exhausted the standard single player campaign.

Excelsior!

Old 2009-09-06, 17:27
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

Quote:
I just completed Crysis and Crysis: Warhead. Have you played the latter, Gomli? It's got quite a few improvements over the original, including some new weaponry. It's not a sequel, it's a sort of tangent from the first game. You play as Psycho (voiced by Sean Chapman, also known as Frank from Hellraiser 1 & 2!), and the game coincides with Nomad's travels which take place on the other side of the island. I think the engine had been optimised a little better for Warhead, too. It seemed to run a lot smoother for me than Crysis.

Haven`t played it yet and haven`t heard so much positive things about it. I fuckin hate those cliffhanger endings when you don`t know how it continues
I`m not good in remembering names...Psycho was the nigga, I guess? The one who was captured was Prophet. And Warhead is starting when Psycho was sent to an other mission. Probably I will check it out but first of all I need to get my Bioshock back from my mate

R.I.P moe

Old 2009-09-06, 17:32
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
Haven`t played it yet and haven`t heard so much positive things about it. I fuckin hate those cliffhanger endings when you don`t know how it continues
I`m not good in remembering names...Psycho was the nigga, I guess? The one who was captured was Prophet. And Warhead is starting when Psycho was sent to an other mission. Probably I will check it out but first of all I need to get my Bioshock back from my mate
Nah, Psycho is the British guy. He sounds like something out of Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels.

http://www.pcpowerplay.com.au/games...2_announced.jpg

I wasn't aware that Warhead was getting bad reviews. I thought it was just as good as Crysis, if a little on the short side.

Old 2009-09-07, 13:25
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

Quote:
I thought it was just as good as Crysis, if a little on the short side.

This is the main reason why a lot people think it`s not that good! Too less for too much

R.I.P moe

Old 2009-09-07, 14:02
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
This is the main reason why a lot people think it`s not that good! Too less for too much
I see your point, but the devs made it clear that it wasn't a true sequel (that is, it's not considered part of the planned trilogy) so I was actually quite pleased with its length. Hmmm, there's a sentence I never thought I'd say.

If you take your time and explore all there is to explore the game will last twice as long. For instance, jump off the train in the level where you have to ride it through KPA forces for the entire level and instead roam around the neighbouring landscape on foot (the train will never get too far away from you). There are KPA forces in their little huts all around the edges of the map, and lots of goodies to be picked up, too. The same can be said of most of the less linear levels.

Have you played Crayon Physics, Gomli? It's a puzzle game in which you use a crayon to draw ropes and shapes in order to propel your ball across an obstacle course in order to fetch a star, thus winning the level. It's really inventive and fun. There's a Flash "equivalent" which is free to play, and uses slightly different mechanics but is equally enjoyable. It's called Gravity Master.

Does anyone have any Flash games they can recommend? I've pretty much played every "Escape the Room" game on offer haha.

I started playing the second episode of the new Monkey Island series recently. I still haven't warmed to the 3D look/mechanics

Old 2009-09-07, 14:08
drawn&quartered
Too _____, wouldn't fuck

Quote:
I see your point, but the devs made it clear that it wasn't a true sequel (that is, it's not considered part of the planned trilogy) so I was actually quite pleased with its length. Hmmm, there's a sentence I never thought I'd say.

If you take your time and explore all there is to explore the game will last twice as long. For instance, jump off the train in the level where you have to ride it through KPA forces for the entire level and instead roam around the neighbouring landscape on foot (the train will never get too far away from you). There are KPA forces in their little huts all around the edges of the map, and lots of goodies to be picked up, too. The same can be said of most of the less linear levels.

Have you played Crayon Physics, Gomli? It's a puzzle game in which you use a crayon to draw ropes and shapes in order to propel your ball across an obstacle course in order to fetch a star, thus winning the level. It's really inventive and fun. There's a Flash "equivalent" which is free to play, and uses slightly different mechanics but is equally enjoyable. It's called Gravity Master.

Does anyone have any Flash games they can recommend? I've pretty much played every "Escape the Room" game on offer haha.

I started playing the second episode of the new Monkey Island series recently. I still haven't warmed to the 3D look/mechanics

turtle toss

NEGROGENESIS

Old 2009-09-07, 14:42
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by drawn&quartered
Haha this game is trickier than the title would have you believe! I haven't quite worked out what I'm supposed to do yet - just see how far you can get the fucker to bounce?

I'm addicted to Tetris - the one hidden as an Easter Egg inside of uTorrent! If you have it installed, you can get the game running by clicking Help > About uTorrent, and when the About screen is showing tap T on your keyboard. P pauses/unpauses the game. My current high score is 8840

Old 2009-09-07, 17:50
drawn&quartered
Too _____, wouldn't fuck

Quote:
Haha this game is trickier than the title would have you believe! I haven't quite worked out what I'm supposed to do yet - just see how far you can get the fucker to bounce?

pretty much. as you get more money, buy better cannons and go further. i played this enough that i have obtained the tank cannon and can go really far. then you can also get better guns and explosives to keep that little asshole in the air.

NEGROGENESIS

Old 2009-09-07, 17:52
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

Quote:

Dude of course I`ve played Crayon Physics! I`m a student man I got a load of time and there`s just nothing else you can do in the DVA lesson! I loved to play that but now I`m more into Flash Games like D&Q posted and Toss the Turtle is a prime example! Every of this "Shoot-Something-as-far-as-you-can-and-get-money-and-more-powerful-gadgets-games" are fucking dope!(N.W.A. Style english )

Quote:

Yeah check this few:
http://www.miniclip.com/games/stunt-pilot/en/
and believe me this game here is absoluetly godlike!

http://www.kongregate.com/games/DJS...crunchball-3000
You got to check it out. Me and a friend played it at least 8 or more hours one night. I goddamn love that

http://www.kongregate.com/games/fastgames/little-wheel short but cool

That`s cool too : http://www.kongregate.com/games/Her.../bubble-tanks-2

I`m the type of Nigga that`s build to last! If you Fuck with me I put a foot in your ass! See, I don`t give a fuck cause I keep bellin...Yo wtf are they yellin "GANGSTAGANGSTA!

R.I.P moe

Old 2009-09-22, 10:38
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Red Faction: Guerilla (or Guerrilla, for some reason) is so much fucking fun. For those who have it, I highly recommend the trainer by h4x0r from GameCopyWorld (second one from the bottom). Holy monkey-balls I didn't realise how much I love demolishing buildings and zappin' punk-assed bitches with my thermo-whatnot.

I completed the main story missions a couple of hours ago, but I honestly couldn't give less of a fuck about that shit; I just love driving around looking for huge buildings and, well, you know the rest. A trainer is a must if you just wanna wreak architectural havoc

Super funtimes with a sledge hammer, charges and girder-eating thermitic cannons. Oh, and rocket launchers and sharpened disc firing thingies, etc.

I hereby award this game a Homer special:

11 thumbs up

P.S. Don't use the one-hit-kill option in that trainer I mentioned, it makes you fall over on your face every time you get hit, making it impossible to get from A to B in a timely fashion if you're surrounded by those aforementioned punk-assed biAtches.

Old 2009-10-10, 17:11
Wolfsherz
Post-whore

Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising

SO FUCKING BUYING THIS SHIT

Quote:

Old 2009-11-02, 22:22
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Wolf, have you picked that up yet?
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2009-11-03, 06:52
Wolfsherz
Post-whore

Yup. Total disappointment though.

Total warfare? Not so much.
For starter's, there's no immersion whatsoever. There's a stylish cutscene in the beginning, but that's the only time you'll see one.
Briefings? Some standard text.
Do you even get to choose your weapon? Hell no.

And total warfare? Each mission goes about like this: you are dropped about 2 miles from a village (you don't even see the chopper-ride!) and there you kill the enemies. Sometimes you also defend the village you just conquered.

They were boasting about having a HUGE island, and well the Island IS huge but, you'll never, ever fucking notice. I kid you not, this is not an exaggeration, you will see about, five percent of the entire island. And that is including all the bonus missions.
Seriously, at the end of the campaign I was left behind with a feeling of confusion (and disappointment).
And no, you can't even go out and explore cause if you do some convoy will get its ass killed.
Also, about 90% of the time the terrain will constantly look the same. But, when there IS a change in locale, it's in the form of quite some impressive vistas. About the only really positive thing I could say about this game now that I think about it.

Seriously, I had high hopes but this is just half-assed. Not being able to choose your loadout? The fuck? Is this an arcade game?
And then the inefficient-to-say-the-least use of the available terrain.
Also, you never get the feeling you're really fighting in a war. No large-scale battles. One or two missions you'll have some tanks and other troups alongside of you, but next to those missions it's you and 3 other guys (dumbasses, trust me) walking around and shooting all by yourself in an almost never changing locale.
Add to that the overall unexciting (save for some admittedly intense firefights) campaign and well, bleh.

So I went and tried the counterpart: ArmA II

Trust me, you're gonna want THIS one. It's basically OF: Dragon Rising's counterpart (this company made the preceding OF-games, then seceded from Codemasters) and this one makes Dragon Rising's blandness even more odd.
Basically now the two companies were "fighting" to make the REAL OF-successor.
This game came out before Dragon Rising, so how the hell did Codemasters seem to have spent no time trying to improve on ArmA II's immersion? Campaign-length? Realism? Excitement? Etc.

Haven't played ArmA II that yet, but trust me, out of the 2 games, this one is the REAL DEAL.

First you get a bootcamp (none of that in Dragon Rising) where you get introduced to most of the shit you'll do in the campain and trust me there is a LOT to learn:
Basic combat and shit - basic tutorial
First Aid - another obvious point of ArmA-superiority: in Dragon Rising this consisted of grabbing a field dressing and pressing mouse button. Nothing would happen on screen except an "applying dressing" message. No animation whatsoever. In ArmA, you'll have to drag a wounded teammate out of the line of fire (and they WILL do the same for you), grab a field kit, apply it (WITH animations this time) et cetera
Helicopter-piloting which is tricky but heeella statisfying. You'll be deploying and unloading troops, attacking with Apaches, and the whole lot.
Tank-piloting read above only less troop-transport and more blowing shit up.
Ah fuck it, there's even BASE-BUILDING involved (nicely implemented, and can and WILL play a huge role in large-scale battles).

Campain is hella solid too. This time you really feel like you're in a large-scale conflict, since in the distance there'll be massive battles raging (actually being played out by AI, miles away from your position), you get to choose your approach (do you plant demo-charges on that plant yourself and risk to get reduced to Swiss-cheese - why do I get a Paddy-vibe saying that? - or you airstrike the living bejebus out of that plant but risk civilian casualties.

Yup, civilians play a big role too. If your approach is on the je m'en fou anti-United Nations style (getting lots of innocent bystanders killed) they'll turn against you. They'll refuse to give you any more information. They'll throw rocks. They'll side with the enemy. Dear God am I hard now.

I'm gonna stop here and possibly continue later. Lemme know what you think.

Oh yeah negative stuff:
Since this IS a big fucking game with lots of complex AI-algorythms and what have you there are quite a lot of bugs.
Voice acting is awesomely ridiculous.
That is all.

Quote:

Last edited by Wolfsherz : 2009-11-03 at 07:17.

Old 2009-11-03, 07:30
Wolfsherz
Post-whore

My God, this is just blatant lying. Trust me, you will NEVER experience anything like this in the game. Not even close.

THIS however is 100% in-game, and you will encounter hundreds of moments like these.

Quote:

Old 2009-11-03, 17:05
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Damn, thanks for the heads up (and a thorough one at that). Its a bummer DR sucks because the trailers I saw for it looked fucking awesome. I haven't heard of ArmA but if I happen to pass by it I might pick it up.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2009-11-03, 17:10
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Quote:

This game got me through the last 2 hours of my work day yesterday. My farthest so far is 161345.5. The music cracks me up!

EDIT: 4,578,516.5 ft BITCH!
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Last edited by Darko : 2009-11-03 at 20:09.

Old 2009-11-04, 22:38
Requiem
Post-whore

Toss the Turtle is more fun than tossing other things. Seriously, it rocks.

Old 2009-11-04, 22:47
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

I don't know.. salads are pretty fun to toss but it all depends on the dressing.

What is your farthest distance?
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2009-11-04, 22:59
drawn&quartered
Too _____, wouldn't fuck

after a million feet or whatever its all luck that you dont hit an alien

NEGROGENESIS

Old 2009-11-05, 14:07
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

Or a needled wall or a bunch of needles on the ground

R.I.P moe

Old 2009-11-05, 20:14
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Nah, not really. The needle patch/wall can easily be avoided by a.) buying a chest bomb (saves you from one hazard), b.) keeping yourself off of the ground as much as possible and c.) save some ammo to bump yourself over them if you're about to hit one (I never do that, I just shoot a nuke when I start to spend too much time bouncing off the ground). It also seems that if you're going fast enough, you'll just blow right through them.

I've only been abducted by an alien three times total in all of my playing. I don't believe a chest bomb saves you from them though. They seem to be in the higher-middle area of the maps so just be careful around there.

The best way to avoid hazards is to just keep yourself out of frame for as long as possible as there are no hazards (or rewards) up there. I can usually remain up there until around 1,500,000 from the initial launch (with the aids of the rocket and golden gun).

I just bought 150 nukes.. lets see how far I can go!
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Last edited by Darko : 2009-11-05 at 20:16.

Old 2009-11-05, 20:32
drawn&quartered
Too _____, wouldn't fuck

Quote:
Or a needled wall or a bunch of needles on the ground

you just have to grind it out untill you have enough money to buy the big guns. once you buy everything is when you can go forever

NEGROGENESIS

Old 2009-11-05, 21:43
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

I jinxed myself. After 10 minutes of continuous flying at ~4.5 million feet with 140 nukes left... I hit a fucking ALIEN.

I've never managed to hit a banana man though no matter how hard I try.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2009-11-06, 13:08
Requiem
Post-whore

Really? I've hit 2 consecutive banana men. My furtherest distance is like 17k. I've only put like 30 minutes into the game. Just purchases the 10k cannon.

Old 2009-11-09, 22:32
drawn&quartered
Too _____, wouldn't fuck

I've actually been playing WoW recently

yep, I said it. here comes they flames.

NEGROGENESIS

Old 2009-11-09, 23:14
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
I've actually been playing WoW recently

yep, I said it. here comes they flames.
Haha anyone who flames you would be in the minority - EVERYONE and his dog's cock is playing this game and games like it.

I could never get into these games myself; they seem too much like hard work. I don't want to spend weeks farming enchanted mushrooms so I can become a level 72 Munchkin Wizard, you know? Not saying there's anything wrong with that, it just doesn't appeal to me. Plus playing online in general is rarely an enjoyable experience for me, except of course for private games with a select group of friends, but Tactical Ops was a long time ago.

How are you finding WoW? Have you ever played Anarchy Online? My older brother was into that in a big way, I think it was one of the original MMORPGs. Again, I couldn't get into it at all.

Old 2009-11-09, 23:49
drawn&quartered
Too _____, wouldn't fuck

Quote:
Haha anyone who flames you would be in the minority - EVERYONE and his dog's cock is playing this game and games like it.

I could never get into these games myself; they seem too much like hard work. I don't want to spend weeks farming enchanted mushrooms so I can become a level 72 Munchkin Wizard, you know? Not saying there's anything wrong with that, it just doesn't appeal to me. Plus playing online in general is rarely an enjoyable experience for me, except of course for private games with a select group of friends, but Tactical Ops was a long time ago.

How are you finding WoW? Have you ever played Anarchy Online? My older brother was into that in a big way, I think it was one of the original MMORPGs. Again, I couldn't get into it at all.

Well I stated WoW about 4 years ago and always have been playing it on and off. The farming that you mentioned is probably the worst part of the game, even people who play wow hate that...some just like the end result more haha. I always end up quitting the damn thing for months at a time, and then getting a violent urge to play it again. If you haven't tried I think you would like Diablo I or II though. Much faster paced and still a better game.

The tactical shooter type games can be pretty fun but I just can't get back into them after discovering the game or airsoft. but yes, great LAN "party" material.

NEGROGENESIS

Last edited by drawn&quartered : 2009-11-09 at 23:51.

Old 2009-11-10, 19:20
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

I've never played WoW. I have watched my friends play it and it looked boring and not worth the rediculous monthly rate.

Diablo II is the fucking SHIT.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2009-11-10, 19:23
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

I don`t like WoW too. Boring graphic engine and almost everything about this game is boring :P

R.I.P moe

Old 2009-11-12, 05:26
the_bleeding
Post-whore

alrighty dewds, who has l4d2, and who wants to add me to steam for when it comes out in 4 days. (yes, i know, i havent been around)
I was very bemused as a youngster watching the Golden Girls when Blanche said she was going to "spank her fanny" I had visions of a geriatric vertical bacon sandwich red and bruised from being disciplined!!!

Old 2009-11-12, 12:23
blitz906
Okay.

Recently got back into playing some Age of Empires III. That whole series is just classic
Quote:
Quote: