Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > Chit Chat

Old 2008-04-11, 01:25
blitz906
Okay.

Cool The Official PC Gaming Thread

Let's discuss what PC games we love to play. Lately, I have been playing :

Half-Life 2 (For the fifth time)
Sherlock Holmes : The Silver Earring

Anyone else here play Half-Life 2? or any of the expansions/multiplayer games? If you do, add me as a friend on Steam : xaphan906
Quote:
Originally Posted by CompelledToLacerate
God, the Japanese are so weird. This HAS to be the long term effects of the atom bombs. No one is that weird on purpose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomli
The slams in that song always kill me. First time I heard that song I was like "Too much heaviness - brain collapse" but now I could murder my family to that one

Old 2008-04-11, 01:56
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Portal
I use to play a lot of Worms Armegeddon/World Party but I deleted them a long time ago.

I'll probably pick up Starcraft 2 when it comes out (assuming I can run it).
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2008-04-11, 02:03
blitz906
Okay.

Worms 2 and Worms Armageddon are fucking sweet I used to play those so fucking much back in the day.
Quote:
God, the Japanese are so weird. This HAS to be the long term effects of the atom bombs. No one is that weird on purpose.
Quote:
The slams in that song always kill me. First time I heard that song I was like "Too much heaviness - brain collapse" but now I could murder my family to that one

Old 2008-04-11, 02:40
Requiem
Post-whore

I play Maple Story 8+ hours a day....

Old 2008-04-11, 02:42
blitz906
Okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem

Holy shit. Do you even have a job?
Quote:
Quote:

Old 2008-04-11, 02:44
Requiem
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz906
Holy shit. Do you even have a job?

Nope. I'm an NEET.

Old 2008-04-11, 02:44
timedragon
Legio Draconorum Orkian

i havnt played very many pc games. i did play this one called They Hunger. kind of weird...

Old 2008-04-11, 03:05
sixsicsix
6 lvl 80's sucka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko
Portal
I use to play a lot of Worms Armegeddon/World Party but I deleted them a long time ago.

I'll probably pick up Starcraft 2 when it comes out (assuming I can run it).

SC2 is probably gonna be like how WC3 was when it first came out..... slow...

and it still kinda is.

http://hosting01.hotchyx.com/adult-...pad_and_pat.jpg

Old 2008-04-11, 03:37
drawn&quartered
Too _____, wouldn't fuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixsicsix
SC2 is probably gonna be like how WC3 was when it first came out..... slow...

and it still kinda is.

Speaking of wc3, I play that a lot online. not ladder anymore, just shit like footmen frenzy.

I might start up WoW again also.

NEGROGENESIS

Old 2008-04-11, 03:53
blitz906
Okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timedragon
i havnt played very many pc games. i did play this one called They Hunger. kind of weird...

Isn't that a Half-Life mod?
Quote:
Nope. I'm an NEET.

wtf is a NEET?
Quote:
Quote:

Old 2008-04-11, 04:04
sixsicsix
6 lvl 80's sucka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drawn&quartered
Speaking of wc3, I play that a lot online. not ladder anymore, just shit like footmen frenzy.

I might start up WoW again also.

since I quit WoW I've gained

20 points in all my grades.
higher self esteem.
a better job.
girlfriend.

coincidence?

http://hosting01.hotchyx.com/adult-...pad_and_pat.jpg

Old 2008-04-11, 04:24
timedragon
Legio Draconorum Orkian

Quote:
Isn't that a Half-Life mod?

yeah. my friend is a half-life fan. ive never really played it, and hes the one that gave me the game to try.

Old 2008-04-11, 04:52
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

We just talk about pc gaming in the console thread. Any real need for this thread? If anything just an official video games thread is in order.

I play alot of strategy games on the comp. Civ 4, Alpha Centauri, shit like that.

I go through phases, in and out of different games. Sims 2, rollercoaster tycoon.

I just get inspired and start playing a game again.(one thats worth playing multiple times years later)

Fallout 1 and 2, need i say more.
...Its very annoying to keep having to hear some socially-disabled teen come on these boards talking about all the drugs he's started doing so that he can maybe grasp onto some kind of positive response so he feels better about himself and what he's doing.
About requiem. Aint it the truth...

Old 2008-04-11, 05:16
blitz906
Okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmfreak
We just talk about pc gaming in the console thread.

PC gaming deserves its own thread, as it is totally different to console gaming.
Quote:
Quote:

Old 2008-04-11, 05:17
blitz906
Okay.

Quote:

higher self esteem.
a better job.
girlfriend.

coincidence?

Not a coincidence at all. I know many people who lost their lives to WoW. It's like a drug.
Quote:
Quote:

Old 2008-04-11, 05:21
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
PC gaming deserves its own thread, as it is totally different to console gaming.

The point was that theres no need to bounce back and forth between 2 threads talking about video games.

Its not totally different. Does control scheme really make it so different that they can't even be talked about side by side? I call bullshit. People often have joysticks and gamepads on their computers. (hell you can use a wireless 360 controller on a computer now) So does that all of a sudden change it into a console?

Also most games on pc are on consoles anyway.
...Its very annoying to keep having to hear some socially-disabled teen come on these boards talking about all the drugs he's started doing so that he can maybe grasp onto some kind of positive response so he feels better about himself and what he's doing.

Old 2008-04-11, 06:34
blitz906
Okay.

Quote:
The point was that theres no need to bounce back and forth between 2 threads talking about video games.

Its not totally different. Does control scheme really make it so different that they can't even be talked about side by side? I call bullshit. People often have joysticks and gamepads on their computers. (hell you can use a wireless 360 controller on a computer now) So does that all of a sudden change it into a console?

Also most games on pc are on consoles anyway.

Most obscure PC games will never see a console. I made this thread for people like me who only play games on the PC... what's the big deal?
Quote:
Quote:

Old 2008-04-11, 09:43
Six_Feet_Under_420
Post-whore

'bout fucking time there is a pc gaming thread.

My alltime favorite game is "call of chtuhlu" horror/thriller game. other than that I play crysis and supreme commander.
+-+ .....::::: Alive to Live, Not to Believe....In a God that I cannot see :::::..... +-+

Old 2008-04-11, 09:54
blitz906
Okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Six_Feet_Under_420
My alltime favorite game is "call of chtuhlu" horror/thriller game.

What kind of game is that? Like mystery? First person shooter? etc
Quote:
Quote:

Old 2008-04-11, 10:11
Six_Feet_Under_420
Post-whore

Quote:
What kind of game is that? Like mystery? First person shooter? etc

it's a first person shooter. You should do a search on youtube. If you're into horror. you will like this game. It's based on journal that was found. The journal belonged to a patient from a mental institution. And he was living in this "different world" The game just follows the journal they found long ago. ( I'm dead fucking serious, it's based on a true story)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfQ-Xqt-d0A

here's a trailer
+-+ .....::::: Alive to Live, Not to Believe....In a God that I cannot see :::::..... +-+

Old 2008-04-11, 10:29
blitz906
Okay.

Quote:
it's a first person shooter. You should do a search on youtube. If you're into horror. you will like this game. It's based on journal that was found. The journal belonged to a patient from a mental institution. And he was living in this "different world" The game just follows the journal they found long ago. ( I'm dead fucking serious, it's based on a true story)

here's a trailer

That looks (and sounds) fucking awesome. I'll have to give it a try
Quote:
Quote:

Old 2008-04-11, 13:56
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

Quote:

haha you are a loser!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe_blunts
you done told me lots of thangs bout beer n shit and canada. have a grand ol cunt of a good time.

RIP moe.

Old 2008-04-11, 14:20
blizzard_beast
Post-whore

Quote:

here's a trailer

What the hell are you on about? It's based on an H.P. Lovecraft novella - The Shadow Over Innsmouth. Great game btw, played it on the Xbox.

Anyway...got myself a fucking amazing pc recently. I can finally get back into pc gaming! Currently playing Medieval Total War II and Eve Online. Medieval Total War II is just as amazing as every other game in the Total War series, and Eve Online surprised me in that it's an MMO which I'm actually considering paying monthly for. Love the sci-fi setting.

Oh and yeah, I'm with tm on this one. I don't see the point of this thread when pretty much all forms of gaming are discussed in that other thread.

Old 2008-04-11, 14:35
drawn&quartered
Too _____, wouldn't fuck

Quote:

higher self esteem.
a better job.
girlfriend.

coincidence?

It never was really that much a problem for me, just a way to relax. I had trouble getting even one character to 70.

NEGROGENESIS

Old 2008-04-11, 16:35
moe_blunts
wigger/redneck/drunkard

I play a free first person shooter called Urban Terror during the week to stop me from doing other shit I shouldn't be doing. During the weekend, it's a whole different story. Anything is a possibility during the weekend. lol

http://www.last.fm/user/moe_blunts/

Old 2008-04-11, 18:22
Requiem
Post-whore

Looking into playing Gunz again.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GunZ_The_Duel

If you're into free FPS games with RPG elements and K-Style combat this game is for you.

Old 2008-04-11, 18:43
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Quote:

Dude...

Way back in the day (I'm talking 7-8 years ago) I played a lot of Diablo 2, Starcraft, and eventually Counter-Strike. They were all fun games and if they ever made a new Diablo I'd consider looking into it. You've got to be careful though - video games are a musicians worst enemy (or the enemy of anything productive).

I've never even glanced at WoW. The horror stories of it being digital crack is enough for me.

Portal is probably my favorite game ever. I'll faint if they make a sequel.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2008-04-11, 19:13
Requiem
Post-whore

Honestly, all my friends tell me the same thing. I should be out with them; but what activities are we doing? Drugs. That's not good. Videos games aren't much better but they are cheaper.

I just hope when I'm on my own for college that I'll study.

Old 2008-04-11, 20:05
blitz906
Okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBehemoth
haha you are a loser!

Quote:
Quote:

Old 2008-04-11, 20:05
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

There is NO excuse for playing 8+ hours of video games every day. You're wasting your life and your time. I just watched a video of what Maplestory game play looks like on youtube, and I say you're doing more harm to your self staring at a screen filled with that crap for 8 hours than you would you would doing drugs.

How do people live like that?
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Last edited by Darko : 2008-04-11 at 20:08.

Old 2008-04-11, 20:12
Requiem
Post-whore

Haha. I just put all my items up for sell. Hoping to drag in a good amount of meso(MS currency) and sell them to a friend of mine. I'm quitting....again.

Old 2008-04-11, 20:31
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
There is NO excuse for playing 8+ hours of video games every day. You're wasting your life and your time. I just watched a video of what Maplestory game play looks like on youtube, and I say you're doing more harm to your self staring at a screen filled with that crap for 8 hours than you would you would doing drugs.

I have played well over 8 hours of video games in a day (grand theft autos....) but not every day. I might sit down on a lazy weekend and spend 4 hours here then like 3 there.

Or even civilization 4. I'll sit down now and again in my phases and play for about 5 or so hours.

Old 2008-04-11, 22:25
blitz906
Okay.

Did anyone here ever play any of the 'Quest For Glory' series back in the day?
Quote:
Quote:

Old 2008-05-03, 17:32
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzard_beast
What the hell are you on about? It's based on an H.P. Lovecraft novella - The Shadow Over Innsmouth. Great game btw, played it on the Xbox.

you sure? i'd have figured a game called call of cthulhu would be based on the short story..call of cthulhu.

i haven't played the game though..want to check it out when i get a chance.

normally i just post anything about PC games in the console gaming thread..maybe we should just have the title changed to the gaming thread.

only games i play online are bf2, bf2142, and cod4..all on the PC. haven't played any of them in a few weeks though, and won't be playing any of them for another couple months.

Old 2008-05-03, 17:49
drawn&quartered
Too _____, wouldn't fuck

anyone else looking forward to starcraft 2? it looks badass.

NEGROGENESIS

Old 2008-05-03, 18:13
autumncurve
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xgrafcorex
only games i play online are bf2, bf2142, and cod4..all on the PC. haven't played any of them in a few weeks though, and won't be playing any of them for another couple months.

BF2 is wicked. that was my fave game for a long time. probs one of my most played ever.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs. malicious
someone's a little behind

Quote:
I'll take you from behind!

-grindcore (featuring newHELLonEARTH)- Krossa
-"Neo-Classical Heathen Folk"- Ellylldan
-experimental/middle eastern themed/folk/ambient- Soft Temple
-experimental/post rock/downtempo- Silence Over Okhotsk

Old 2008-05-03, 19:00
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by autumncurve
BF2 is wicked. that was my fave game for a long time. probs one of my most played ever.

same here..i play it way more than bf2142 and cod4 combined.

Old 2008-05-03, 20:54
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PLOFnEUTpY

LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe_blunts
you done told me lots of thangs bout beer n shit and canada. have a grand ol cunt of a good time.

RIP moe.

Old 2008-05-04, 15:26
Requiem
Post-whore

Here is my WoW character. I've only been playing for about 2 weeks and put about 1-2 hours a day into so I'm still a noob.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-...r&n=Aclichename

My friends take me through instances for gear so I can be a twinked pvp character for level 19.

Old 2008-05-05, 00:23
Pr0az
Post-whore

Quote:
Dude...

Way back in the day (I'm talking 7-8 years ago) I played a lot of Diablo 2, Starcraft, and eventually Counter-Strike. They were all fun games and if they ever made a new Diablo I'd consider looking into it. You've got to be careful though - video games are a musicians worst enemy (or the enemy of anything productive).

I've never even glanced at WoW. The horror stories of it being digital crack is enough for me.

Portal is probably my favorite game ever. I'll faint if they make a sequel.

News about Diablo 3

Old 2008-05-05, 01:04
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr0az

To be honest its a serious shock that, Fallout 3, Diablo 3, StarCraft 2, and a shit load of other games haven't come out sooner.

What in the fuck? I don't think they get the idea of capitalisim in the least...

At least all 3 of those games appear to be a reality. (obviously i say appear only in the sense of diablo 3 since fallout and starcraft are coming out this year)

Old 2008-05-05, 01:04
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Hardly news - but promising. If there will be another one I bet it won't be for a long, long time especially with SC2 coming out.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2008-05-05, 03:05
Requiem
Post-whore

Sweet. A new Diablo would be great but SC 2 will keep be busy for another half decade.

Old 2008-05-05, 05:24
blitz906
Okay.

Quote:

That's fucking sweet, although I'm not sure if I'd play it or not.

I wonder when the next Silent Hill will come out?
Quote:
Quote:

Old 2008-05-05, 16:48
Pr0az
Post-whore

Last Silent Hill game i played was "The Room". That game was badass.

Old 2008-05-05, 16:49
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Last Silent Hill game i played was "The Room". That game was badass.

I enjoyed it. I've heard of new ones coming out a lil while back. It was talking about which system but i can't remember when or where i read it.

Old 2008-05-05, 19:49
blitz906
Okay.

I just can't wait to get a new system someday so I can play some of these newer badass games without melting my processor
Quote:
Quote:

Old 2008-05-05, 20:49
kleenx
Senior Metalhead

whats the best FPS right now?
ive been playing BF2 and DOD source.

Old 2008-05-05, 20:59
autumncurve
Post-whore

cod 4 has a wicked campaign. good multiplayer too.

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Old 2008-05-05, 21:12
Requiem
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleenx
whats the best FPS right now?
ive been playing BF2 and DOD source.

On console Vegas 2 and CoD 2/4. PC: still UT 2004.

Old 2008-05-05, 21:51
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
cod 4 has a wicked campaign. good multiplayer too.

didn't even know cod 4 had a campaign. I think its completely overshadowed by its multiplayer. At least around here.

Old 2008-05-05, 21:57
autumncurve
Post-whore

i got so bored of the multiplayer, it was fucking awesome for about a month. then i went back to vegas.
i hate the way firing from the hip is useless most of the time and shotguns only fire about 6 feet infront of you, any more distance and the bullets seem to disappear out of the air not even hitting a wall.
and the constantly moving spawn points pissed me off.

i really enjoyed the campaign, it had some really awesome moments that really suck you in.

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Old 2008-05-05, 22:38
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
i got so bored of the multiplayer, it was fucking awesome for about a month. then i went back to vegas.
i hate the way firing from the hip is useless most of the time and shotguns only fire about 6 feet infront of you, any more distance and the bullets seem to disappear out of the air not even hitting a wall.
and the constantly moving spawn points pissed me off.

i really enjoyed the campaign, it had some really awesome moments that really suck you in.

So any and all realism in games pisses you off? haha

Old 2008-05-05, 22:47
autumncurve
Post-whore

no i didn't say that i just don't find it fun.

and how is disappearing shotgun shells realism. as far as im aware people shoot clay pigeons with shotguns from a fair distance don't they? so surely they'd hit the side of a building from 20 feet.

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Old 2008-05-05, 23:03
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

Quote:
didn't even know cod 4 had a campaign. I think its completely overshadowed by its multiplayer. At least around here.

that's crazy talk! the one player is awesome..the multiplayer is fun but i would still vote BF2 as the best FPS.

Old 2008-05-05, 23:11
autumncurve
Post-whore

Quote:
that's crazy talk! the one player is awesome..the multiplayer is fun but i would still vote BF2 as the best FPS.

agreeeeeed

nothing like tearing around with 31 other people, flying choppers, planes, forming an armour column and taking flags.

i was part of this thing called BF2C for a while where it was run like proper military style and had like 10hr long battles on a modded version of the game. proper nerdy stuff, proper fun
i was in armour/tank division, or infantry if it was a map without armour. stupidly fun.

edit: oh and if i get terms for the military wrong, i'm sorry. i havn't got a clue how it works in real life

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Last edited by autumncurve : 2008-05-05 at 23:14.

Old 2008-05-05, 23:32
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
agreeeeeed

nothing like tearing around with 31 other people, flying choppers, planes, forming an armour column and taking flags.

i was part of this thing called BF2C for a while where it was run like proper military style and had like 10hr long battles on a modded version of the game. proper nerdy stuff, proper fun
i was in armour/tank division, or infantry if it was a map without armour. stupidly fun.

edit: oh and if i get terms for the military wrong, i'm sorry. i havn't got a clue how it works in real life

You should get into games like operation flashpoint and Armed Assault. The realism is leaps and bounds more realistic. I'm sure whatever following those games still have is much "nerdier" as you put hah. I'm sure there are still alot of people who play Falcon 4.0 (insert whatever mod you want after this) as its the most realistic military flight sim known to man. I was really big into it for awhile but i'm on a break for awhile.

I made like a pseudo cockpit in my room. I removed the arms from my computer chair and turned 2 12inch pa monitors on their side and used it as the sides and a place to put my thrustmaster hotas joystick/throttle. I then connected the pa to a powered mixer i had that went to my computer so that alot of the bass would come through those speakers and would rumble the fuck out of my room when i would be in afterburner. That shit was awesome. Clocked hundreds of flight hours.

Old 2008-05-05, 23:38
autumncurve
Post-whore

Quote:
I made like a pseudo cockpit in my room. I removed the arms from my computer chair and turned 2 12inch pa monitors on their side and used it as the sides and a place to put my thrustmaster hotas joystick/throttle. I then connected the pa to a powered mixer i had that went to my computer so that alot of the bass would come through those speakers and would rumble the fuck out of my room when i would be in afterburner. That shit was awesome. Clocked hundreds of flight hours.

haha wicked. that is pretty awesome.

yeah i had a go on armed assault at my mates house, i was finding it pretty difficult to get my head around the controls but it looked pretty fucking cool.
i'd still like to get hold of that and have a proper go.

i love the ghost recon games as well. graw2 is fucking brilliant in co-op with some mates. (the 360 version i mean, i dont have the time, patience or money for PC gaming at the moment since my gfx card died on me last summer )

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Old 2008-05-06, 01:24
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
haha wicked. that is pretty awesome.

yeah i had a go on armed assault at my mates house, i was finding it pretty difficult to get my head around the controls but it looked pretty fucking cool.
i'd still like to get hold of that and have a proper go.

i love the ghost recon games as well. graw2 is fucking brilliant in co-op with some mates. (the 360 version i mean, i dont have the time, patience or money for PC gaming at the moment since my gfx card died on me last summer )

Ghost recon is very solid. Its like the old rainbow six but military.

Armed assault by comparison to the edited version i played a few months ago. I mentioned it before. I played armed assault after playing Virtual Battle system 2 and it sucked my comparison. Thats how fucking good VBS 2 was.

So realistic in that you could chose round types and all that. Fucking sweeeeeeet.

Old 2008-05-06, 22:05
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

Quote:

haha when were you playing BF2C? i've done a few tours there. was in the 4EU, 3UK and then NATO/N8O until i moved off here. it's a hell of a lot of fun. nothing like playing with the max amount of people and everyone is actually working together. the best though is getting all the people from your army and going on a pub server. people would call us hackers or we'd kill the server a lot of times.

Old 2008-05-06, 22:46
autumncurve
Post-whore

i think i was in for tour 8 maybe but i can't remember exactly. trying to remember who was in command then.

think i made it to sergeant shortly before i left.
i was fighting for the MEC, 9IF was my division under Lucutus and some other guy before him whose name i forget. dunno if you'd remember any of my guys seeing as we were the enemy. Scottish Ginger, think he's still there as well. Crude Dude. Dark Knight

edit: did i hear correctly that they're running the project reality mod now?

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Last edited by autumncurve : 2008-05-06 at 22:52.

Old 2008-05-07, 01:05
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

i recognize those guys. ginger is a bf2c guy now..or at least was for last tour.

no idea on the project reality mod. i was grimXreefer on there. made it to 1Lt. and just was in an infantry unit..got to get into tanks and APCs sometimes and only once did i get to gun in the cobra. that was a lot of fun.

Old 2008-05-07, 12:03
autumncurve
Post-whore

Quote:
ginger is a bf2c guy now

do you mean he was NATO or USMC?

I do miss it, last battle i had was an epic one on that map in the jungle where you had to parachute in. was so much fun.

if you havn't already, check out the project reality mod, it's fucking awesome.

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Old 2008-05-07, 13:59
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

nah, i mean he is part of the staff now..one of the moderators.

given my current situation, i won't be able to check out any mods for a while.

i think you're talking about course of the river? that one is awesome. all infantry..and on the last day, everyone breaks out the knives and shock paddles.

edit..actually i don't recognize that dark knight guy..there was a dark raptor though.

Old 2008-05-07, 14:14
autumncurve
Post-whore

Dark Knight was in and out quite a lot while i was there, so im not surprised if he left since.
i'm glad Ginger made it to staff, he deserved that. hilarious bloke and he was bloody awesome in a tank haha.

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Old 2008-05-07, 15:02
Amadeus
Quantum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timedragon

It's a Half Life-spinoff right? Fairly short, you start out locked up in a cell in a sheriff's office? I remember that one... yea. Kind of weird.

I got rid of most of my computer games well over a year ago; used to play a lot but I decided that it took too much time. However, I did keep a few to bring out like the day after a big show or so, for example HL 2.
However, when talking pc games, there's one that has to be mentioned - Deus Ex. It doesn't matter wether you like computer games or not, this is something at least I keep in the same way I would a great book. Anyone else know of it?

"He preferred the hard truth over his dearest illusion. That, is the heart of science."
- Carl Sagan

"Imagination is more important than intelligence" - Einstein

Old 2008-05-07, 17:21
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus
It's a Half Life-spinoff right? Fairly short, you start out locked up in a cell in a sheriff's office? I remember that one... yea. Kind of weird.

I got rid of most of my computer games well over a year ago; used to play a lot but I decided that it took too much time. However, I did keep a few to bring out like the day after a big show or so, for example HL 2.
However, when talking pc games, there's one that has to be mentioned - Deus Ex. It doesn't matter wether you like computer games or not, this is something at least I keep in the same way I would a great book. Anyone else know of it?

you are like the 100th person to tell me that game is good. I gotta go play it. I played about 5 minutes of it and that was it.

Old 2008-05-07, 21:35
blitz906
Okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus

It's a single player mod.
Quote:
Quote:

Old 2008-05-14, 22:59
blitz906
Okay.

Here's something that might be interesting to any fans of HL2 on here.

http://www.pdsys.org/blog_images/hl...hebar1223mt.jpg

The real face models for Alyx Vance, Barney Calhoun, Dr. Wallace Breen, and three citizens.
Quote:
Quote:

Old 2008-06-16, 09:29
blitz906
Okay.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/849/849068p1.html

This might be old news, but it's the first that I've heard of it. Is anybody interested in seeing it when it's finished? I might... but I'm not sure if Mark Wahlberg is a good choice. Anybody else have opinions on this one?
Quote:
Quote:

Old 2008-06-16, 17:00
Requiem
Post-whore

Anyone play Gunz, World of Warcraft, Tales of Pirates, 12Skys, MapleStory or 9Dragons?

Old 2008-06-16, 18:30
drawn&quartered
Too _____, wouldn't fuck

Quote:
Anyone play Gunz, World of Warcraft, Tales of Pirates, 12Skys, MapleStory or 9Dragons?

I play WoW, 70 undead rogue with full s1 pvp gear FTW. too bad my subscription runs out today.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-...Thuzad&n=Dochal

I spent quite a bit of time on it

NEGROGENESIS

Last edited by drawn&quartered : 2008-06-16 at 18:37.

Old 2008-06-18, 01:58
drawn&quartered
Too _____, wouldn't fuck

anyone play warcraft 3 at all?

NEGROGENESIS

Old 2008-06-18, 03:03
In_Flames
Metalhead

Quote:

Lvl 60 Undead Priest woot woot almost there.

Old 2008-06-28, 20:25
drawn&quartered
Too _____, wouldn't fuck

Diablo 3 was announced today. It looks badass

NEGROGENESIS

Old 2008-06-29, 01:13
YOUR_GOD_IS_DEAD
Post-whore

oh yeah i saw footage of that. it looks cool. i just recently got back into playing diablo II. great game! im playing on vista though, and whenever i play with the map on at the same time, it really really chops up. is anyone else having this problem?

Old 2008-06-29, 01:25
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOUR_GOD_IS_DEAD
oh yeah i saw footage of that. it looks cool. i just recently got back into playing diablo II. great game! im playing on vista though, and whenever i play with the map on at the same time, it really really chops up. is anyone else having this problem?

Since i've had my comp up and running i haven't really had any problems with anything. Might encounter it with really old stuff though. Played Xplane 9 on mega full everything graphics. Works like a charm! Except when i tried to play it like that in New York.. PHEW that didn't work well hah. 16x antialiasing graphics definitely don't work well when there are hundreds of thousands of tall buildings

Old 2008-10-06, 19:23
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

I'm seriously in pain right now - I can't wait any longer for Starcraft 2. I'm in agony!

I just saw the Diablo 3 footage and it looks pretty sick.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2008-10-06, 20:45
Wolfsherz
Post-whore

Mass Effect

Holy shit. This game is good, real good. The models are sublime, during the character-creation I went "Dude... Stop staring at me" at my screen, the facial expressions especially are so realistic it gets uncanny. Story seems quite good even though I haven't made it that far, but I've already witnessed enough bombastic and dramatic scenes to fill up 4 other games.

Aosoth - New album III out now on Agonia Recs
Epoch - bass, guitars, drums, MetaStasizing out asap
Asphixa - bass, demo out asap
Adustum - bass, guitars, full length out soon on XXXXXXXXXX recs

Quote:
Originally Posted by far_beyond_sane
Tetianblood? ... Well, 'Necrosemen' to you too. Twat.

Old 2008-10-06, 22:27
Requiem
Post-whore

Quote:
I'm seriously in pain right now - I can't wait any longer for Starcraft 2. I'm in agony!

Same here. However, Halo:PC and UT 2004 will keep me content for the remainder of time 'til launch.

Old 2008-10-06, 22:34
drawn&quartered
Too _____, wouldn't fuck

Quote:

they haven't even announced the release date for sc2 yet, hopefully they will at blizzcon. Either way I'm sick of playing the old sc for so many years, and sick of warcraft and WoW.

NEGROGENESIS

Old 2008-10-06, 22:51
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Yeeeaah... I hope so. I imagine that'd be the time and place to do it. Even though Blizzard is notorious for pushing back release dates, and history would logically leave me to believe that I won't be seeing this game any time soon I keep hoping that once, maybe just this once they'll be on time and it'll be this huge ordeal because they broke their delaying streak. Fat chance. Then there's the hopeful speculation that it'll be released Dec 3rd because of the coincidence where 5 major stores had that as its official release date but that dream seems pretty much crushed when you have these certain Blizzard people saying it won't be ready for Christmas, but some time in 2009. Its probably a very good thing it isn't out yet, as I'm really busy and it'd distract me but I don't care! I want it RIGHT FUCKING NOW.

I've got a couple of friends who where lucky enough to play it, one at some convention and the other got to participate in the alpha testing. They only had great things to say about it.

Blizzcon is actually being held only 15 minutes away from me, but its also 100 something dollars away from me, too. I actually work very close to one of the Blizzard HQs and its torture having to see it all the time.

I haven't played the ol' SC in probably a year, but I'm thinking of re-installing it just to hold me over. I never got into Warcraft or WoW, thankfully. Something about them never really held my attention.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Last edited by Darko : 2008-10-06 at 22:55.

Old 2008-10-07, 01:09
drawn&quartered
Too _____, wouldn't fuck

Quote:
Yeeeaah... I hope so. I imagine that'd be the time and place to do it. Even though Blizzard is notorious for pushing back release dates, and history would logically leave me to believe that I won't be seeing this game any time soon I keep hoping that once, maybe just this once they'll be on time and it'll be this huge ordeal because they broke their delaying streak. Fat chance. Then there's the hopeful speculation that it'll be released Dec 3rd because of the coincidence where 5 major stores had that as its official release date but that dream seems pretty much crushed when you have these certain Blizzard people saying it won't be ready for Christmas, but some time in 2009. Its probably a very good thing it isn't out yet, as I'm really busy and it'd distract me but I don't care! I want it RIGHT FUCKING NOW.

I've got a couple of friends who where lucky enough to play it, one at some convention and the other got to participate in the alpha testing. They only had great things to say about it.

Blizzcon is actually being held only 15 minutes away from me, but its also 100 something dollars away from me, too. I actually work very close to one of the Blizzard HQs and its torture having to see it all the time.

I haven't played the ol' SC in probably a year, but I'm thinking of re-installing it just to hold me over. I never got into Warcraft or WoW, thankfully. Something about them never really held my attention.

Damn, If I were you I'd spend that 100 bucks like I was going to get sex out of it.

Be prepared if you re-install starcraft, everyone on there is a pro and will kick your ass in 10 minutes. I guess thats another reason for sc2 to come out, everyone will be somewhat even again in terms of skill. I really can't wait for d3 though. used to spend hours hacking and slashing.

NEGROGENESIS

Old 2008-10-07, 05:07
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Yeah, thats why I stopped a year ago.. everyone was too good. It makes sense though - 10 years to perfect their game!

Yeah, D2 was fucking great but the third has got to be at least 2 years away so I'm trying not to get excited for it.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2008-12-09, 23:46
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

I re-installed Diablo 2/Expansion a few days ago and can't get off it (just in time for finals!). Anyone still play?
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Last edited by Darko : 2008-12-09 at 23:55.

Old 2008-12-10, 00:49
drawn&quartered
Too _____, wouldn't fuck

Quote:
I re-installed Diablo 2/Expansion a few days ago and can't get off it (just in time for finals!). Anyone still play?

I used to play a shit ton, had level 80's and shit on U.S west, then forgot about it and the chars where deleted
I still have an account with a level 8 paladin or something shitty like that.

edit: I just logged in and now that character is expired too

NEGROGENESIS

Old 2008-12-10, 01:36
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Ahaha, sucks. Well, if you want to start a new character let me know and we can play. I've got a 26 Assassin.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2008-12-10, 01:43
drawn&quartered
Too _____, wouldn't fuck

Quote:
Ahaha, sucks. Well, if you want to start a new character let me know and we can play. I've got a 26 Assassin.

yeah it said it expired but then I joined a game with him so its a small miracle of some sort.

my name is Tit-man, maybe I can concentrate enough to pass act 1 again

NEGROGENESIS

Old 2009-02-22, 02:14
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Alright, I need help.

I bought Fallout 3 the other day and installed it successfully. However, when I try and run the game I get an error saying that it can't find "xlive.dll". I googled around and found that I need to download the Windows Game Live program so I did, but when I try and install it it stops early in the installation process and tells me it can't complete.

PLEASE HELP

Why the fuck do I need a Windows Live thing to play a singleplayer game?

EDIT: Apparently I need to upgrade to Service Pack 2 for my XP to make this all work. However, for some fucking reason, my computer keeps losing connection about 20% into the download. Someone doesn't want me to play this game.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Last edited by Darko : 2009-02-22 at 07:38.

Old 2009-02-22, 12:32
bunny
Guardian of Lost Souls
Forum Leader

darko sounds like you need a download manager mate. if you use firefox this is a good one:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/201

i use it & no probs, hope this helps to solve your problem.

----

"Bunny is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside a clump of smegma" one of the other inmates describing me.

Old 2009-02-22, 13:10
Requiem
Post-whore

You can get it manually from another site. The Windows Download Manager doesn't even give you full justification of your connection.

Old 2009-02-22, 21:27
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

The FF Download Manager is useless because it tells me that I have to use IE to update to Service Pack 2.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2009-02-23, 08:18
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

So after hours of tinkering and searching, I was finally able to install the service pack (I had to end a certain task in Task Manager while it was downloading..). After that the game would freeze as soon as I would start it up (just a black screen with a 'Not Responding' error) and I discovered that I don't have enough CPU to run the game.

It says I need 2.4 and I only have 2.19. When I bought the game I thought I had 2.9 or something.. FUCK ME.

I guess I should upgrade my CPU.. is that even possible? If so, what is a good, inexpensive selection? Whats the normal price range?
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Last edited by Darko : 2009-02-23 at 09:19.

Old 2009-02-23, 09:39
Wolfsherz
Post-whore

Go here, run the test of Fallout 3, see what fails and what they recommend. Most of the stuff they recommend can be found a bit cheaper on eBay.

Quote:

Old 2009-02-23, 21:05
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

I'm looking at something like this: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicat...p?EdpNo=4089662

How can I find if that is compatible with my computer? I'm on a (hold the laughter, please) Dell Dimension 2400.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Last edited by Darko : 2009-02-23 at 21:11.

Old 2009-02-23, 21:38
Wolfsherz
Post-whore

Ouuuuu, Dells are a bitch concerning compatibilittililalaity.

Anyway, here an assuring thread about it.

Quote:

Old 2009-02-24, 01:42
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Yeah, fuck. I'm probably just going to invest in building a new computer. I'm pretty behind anyways and my computer can barely do most of the recording things I'm forcing it to.

Thanks for the help anyways, man.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2009-02-24, 02:45
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

I've never played any of the Half-Life games, are they any good? I've heard nothing but awesomeness from Half-Life 2 reviews.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2009-02-24, 03:52
blitz906
Okay.

Quote:
I've never played any of the Half-Life games, are they any good? I've heard nothing but awesomeness from Half-Life 2 reviews.

Oh Christ, yes! You have no idea what you're missing dude! HL2 and the expansions are fucking epic. Go watch some of the gameplay videos and you'll know what I mean.
Quote:
Quote:

Old 2009-02-24, 08:35
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

I'm downloading it right now from Steam. It looks like it uses a lot of the same functions as Counter-Strike.

With some more investigation it looks like I may be able to upgrade my computer for very cheap for it to play Fallout 3. Fuck, I hope so.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery