MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Metal > Tours & Concerts

Old 2008-02-13, 00:46
Me himself
Supreme Metalhead

New England Metal and Hardcore Fesitval '08

http://www.metalandhardcorefestival.com/

Tons of GOOD bands (and when I say good, I mean good this time) but as always, the usual share of BAD bands. This fest gets increasingly commercial every year without fail and is constantly plagued by completely breakdown-oriented open drop tune chugzilla bands but hey, I only see those sets as chances to go and take a breather. This is still the best set list I've ever seen for the fest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB_ZE_METALLEU
Quote:
Originally Posted by CannibalXampire
Everyone is wrong.

Old 2008-02-13, 16:50
Dissection
bugfucker strikes back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me himself
http://www.metalandhardcorefestival.com/

Tons of GOOD bands (and when I say good, I mean good this time) but as always, the usual share of BAD bands. This fest gets increasingly commercial every year without fail and is constantly plagued by completely breakdown-oriented open drop tune chugzilla bands but hey, I only see those sets as chances to go and take a breather. This is still the best set list I've ever seen for the fest.

Are you going? I'm meeting up and staying with everyone from The Metal Union.com and Heavy Metal Source.com for 5 days... Got myself a photopass, working on all access... Its gonna be a 5 hour Amtrak ride up, but it looks fucking WORTH it...

I hear you on the "breakdown-oriented" bullshit; but remember that it IS a Metal AND Hardcore festival. Regardless of whether or not I enjoy JFAC's new album or not, I REALLY didn't want to see them on this fest. I'm hoping that the scene scum of the earth can't afford the tickets to the show, and just wait for their next tour.

Awesome.

Old 2008-02-13, 18:14
CannibalXampire
Post-whore

Where's the hardcore? If they're going to say metal and hardcore, I think there should be hardcore.

Old 2008-02-13, 19:23
guitar_demon
MotörCat

i'd go for turisas and tyr alone, not to mention some of the other bands that will be there
Ok. You're literate, intelligent and funny-FBS

"Calm down, Edgar back in your cage"-far beyond sane
"you suck the cat-avatar-guy doesnt"-The Doc
Now My Legacy Shall Live Forever!!

Old 2008-02-13, 20:10
Me himself
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dissection
Are you going? I'm meeting up and staying with everyone from The Metal Union.com and Heavy Metal Source.com for 5 days... Got myself a photopass, working on all access... Its gonna be a 5 hour Amtrak ride up, but it looks fucking WORTH it...

yeah I'm going. tix are kind of a bitch of a price, though. Of course, I'd love to stay all three days like you have the privilege of doing but I'm probably gonna have to weigh my pros and cons and go two of the three days, in which case I would probably just crash in the car for the night. Worcester's only about an hour drive from where I live but that still means a solid $30+ in gas alone.

Quote:
Where's the hardcore? If they're going to say metal and hardcore, I think there should be hardcore.

That made me laugh for some reason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB_ZE_METALLEU
Quote:
Everyone is wrong.

Old 2008-02-14, 02:35
Dissection
bugfucker strikes back.

Quote:

There are plenty of hardcore and metalcore acts on that bill... I agree its a little lacking on the hardcore aspect, but. I'd love to see Have Heart or With Honor play the show; both are a little too positive for a show like that though.

Me Himself:

You'll have to catch up with me a week before the show or so to see if I'm still going; I can already tell you its going to be a wild weekend of drinking with Nate Johnson (ex-TTEOTD, now Since the Flood)... the entire thing is going to end up a big fucking BLUR.

Awesome.

Old 2008-02-14, 04:36
CannibalXampire
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dissection
There are plenty of hardcore and metalcore acts on that bill... I agree its a little lacking on the hardcore aspect, but. I'd love to see Have Heart or With Honor play the show; both are a little too positive for a show like that though.

Me Himself:

You'll have to catch up with me a week before the show or so to see if I'm still going; I can already tell you its going to be a wild weekend of drinking with Nate Johnson (ex-TTEOTD, now Since the Flood)... the entire thing is going to end up a big fucking BLUR.

What do any of those bands have to do with hardcore?

Old 2008-02-14, 17:58
Dissection
bugfucker strikes back.

Quote:
What do any of those bands have to do with hardcore?

Which ones? Have Heart and With Honor?

edit,

regardless, I don't really give two shits about any of this; its going to be an awesome 3 days whether or not there are "hardcore" bands there. Ain't worth the dispute.

Awesome.

Old 2008-03-14, 20:44
Hecatomb
Senior Metalhead

I live about 5 minutes away from The Palladium. I'll be there for the Saturday show, hopefully with a good bunch of other people. I'm like a total unknown on this forum but if you want to find me, look for the dude decimating the hardcore dancers during the Behemoth set.