Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Guitar Zone

Old 2008-01-25, 06:32
Olmonatron
New Blood

Will this bridge fit on this body?

http://media.schecterguitars.com/im...1_elite_blk.jpg

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges...cs.html#details

So I just bought a Schecter C-1 Elite and I don't like the feel of the bridge. I want something simple and comfortable, like the Hipshot HardTail. Will this bridge fit on that body?

I've never switch out a bridge before, but I'm concerned because there's a little bit of distance between the bridge on my guitar and the holes that the strings go through. But this new bridge looks like the strings go directly down and not back like the other one, so the bridge would have to be placed farther away from the neck. Won't this mess with my intonation? Or would I be able to make it work? I know how to adjust intonation normally, but it looks like I'd have to put the new bridge like an inch or so farther back and it makes me think that everything will be all out of tune.

Old 2008-01-25, 19:55
Mortal_Lament
Senior Metalhead

just take a bit to get used to it. I remember the same thing happened when i bought my first guitar with a floating bridge.
If you still don't like it, i think any guitar tech should be able to put it on for you, it'll cost a bit...and it may take off a bit of paint, which will cost a significantly larger amount of money...
But again, just try to get used to it
Rocktron Xpression Rack mount
Rocktron Gainiac Rack Mount

Old 2008-01-28, 22:10
Deathmaster213
Supreme Metalhead

I think you'd find the neck angle would be too steep to fit the hipshot bridge, as the existing bridge is probably quite high by comparison.

Old 2008-01-29, 07:34
gorath23
Senior Metalhead

In the nicest possible way, just get used to it, IMO string thru tonepro bridges are the most comfortable bridges to play. You'll only fuck the guitar up by putting that other bridge on. Is it all set up ok? I managed to get my Schecter to have a seriously low action and play great with a quick setup. Start adjusting stuff!

Engl Fireball
MIJ '84 Greco LP Custom (looking for BKP Nailbomb)
Custom Stratocaster/BKP Sinner
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Framus 2x12
ISP Decimator
Line6 Echo Park
Applause AE128 E/A

www.myspace.com/cathisord - Dark Metal Project

Old 2008-01-29, 10:04
sqol
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathmaster213
I think you'd find the neck angle would be too steep to fit the hipshot bridge, as the existing bridge is probably quite high by comparison.

Yea, a tune-o-matic bridge is nearly twice the height of the hipshot, you'd have to fill in the holes left by the tune-o matic and the string throughs. You'd have to also build a little plinth for the bridge to sit on to bring it upto the correct height for the neck, and then you'd have to drill new string-through holes, and install the ferrules, which is very difficult to get lined up all straight and true (even though it only seems like just drilling through the body, the drill bit wanders as it passes through the timber, so you don't get a dead straight hole).

It would be best to keep with that bridge, it'd be too much hassle and too costly to replace it.

The Freedom of Chaos
The Secret of The Secret
The Truth of The Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undone
moonraven?....more like ass raven