- your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back Forum > Musicians > Gear & Recording

Old 2007-12-06, 06:52
kleenx's Avatar
Senior Metalhead
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: ny
Posts: 242
1/4" stereo out > into > mono cab

engl530 has a tiny poweramp for practicing directly with a cab.
there is one stereo 1/4" out for this.
my 2x12 is mono in.
should i run a Y cable stereo > 2 mono, and leave one unplugged ...
or can i just run a stereo cable into the mono cab?
not explained in the manual.
Old 2007-12-06, 22:52
Soeru's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Land of Dust
Posts: 3,551
Just run a regular mono speaker cable(not a normal 1/4" guitar cable, because they won't carry speaker level signals, only line level) from the pre to the cab.
Originally Posted by far_beyond_sane

(Did you know In Flames had a 2005 album called "Come Clarity"? How prophetic. I think they're trying to tell us all their sperm are dead.)

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Disclaimer
Copyright © 2001-2014 All Rights Reserved.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.