MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Gear & Recording

Old 2007-11-24, 17:27
Blizzard Beast
Senior Metalhead

Seymour Duncan LW-HMET

I did a search for this and couldnt find anything in the forums. I am considering purchasing this pickup. My concern is space for the batteries. Most guitars that come with active pickups have a compartment for a single 9-volt battery only. This thing runs on 18 volts. I was thinking of putting the other battery in with the potentiometers but I will have to find some way of insulating the battery contacts from everything else. Thats if there is enough space. Does anyone have any ideas or personal reviews on this pickup?

http://www.seymourduncan.com/produc...whmet_livewire/

Old 2007-12-01, 06:30
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

There should be room for batteries even stacked on top of the pots, but it will require electrically insulting the batteries from shorting other shit together. Easy actually. I put the batteries in saran wrap, just a few layers will do, and then tape a 1/8" layer of form around batteries to keep them from rattling around in the guitar. I have never seen a guitar I couldn't fit at least two 9V batteries behind the pots. I like using two 9V batteries wired in parallel with my guitars that have EMG because the batteries seem to last much longer.