MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Guitar Zone

Old 2007-11-19, 21:50
Auyard
Senior Metalhead

D'Addarrio Chromes

What is different from these strings and ordinary Nickel wound strings?

http://www.juststrings.com/dad-ecg24-7.html

I searched on here and the D'Addarrio website and couldn't find any solid information them. I'm mainly getting them to tune my 7 String to ADGCEA for Demilich and the set i have on there now 10-59's just seem a bit too loose. And how will these strings sound using massive amounts of distortion (though an Ampeg 140-C). I know they are for jazz so I don't know if they will sound weird.

Last edited by Auyard : 2007-11-19 at 21:57.

Old 2007-11-19, 23:44
7-string warlord
Post-whore

I use these in 13's for B standard. The only real difference is that they are flatwound. So the sound is a little smoother, and they feel way weird at first. But I'm starting to prefer them over round wound.

Old 2007-11-19, 23:46
Mortal_Lament
Senior Metalhead

flat?....i just picture square strings. Am i thinking straight?
Rocktron Xpression Rack mount
Rocktron Gainiac Rack Mount

Old 2007-11-20, 01:17
Auyard
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7-string warlord
I use these in 13's for B standard. The only real difference is that they are flatwound. So the sound is a little smoother, and they feel way weird at first. But I'm starting to prefer them over round wound.

Are you satisfied with the sound they give? Does it hinder tone in anyway or anything?

Old 2007-11-20, 01:52
7-string warlord
Post-whore

They aren't square.....they are all smooth, like the g, b, and e usually are. The only thing they lack tone wise is bite. They are not a crunchy sounding...if that makes since. They sound really smooth and warm, good for leads IMO. Kinda like a neck pickup sound.....

Old 2007-11-20, 11:19
Auyard
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
They aren't square.....they are all smooth, like the g, b, and e usually are. The only thing they lack tone wise is bite. They are not a crunchy sounding...if that makes since. They sound really smooth and warm, good for leads IMO. Kinda like a neck pickup sound.....

I kind of like my crunch....I ordered some last night anyway so I'll see when I get them.

Old 2007-11-20, 11:29
Mortal_Lament
Senior Metalhead

Neat, warm strings. I'll pick it up for my other guitar probably, i needed to re-string it anyway, might as well give it a go.
Rocktron Xpression Rack mount
Rocktron Gainiac Rack Mount

Old 2007-11-20, 21:10
7-string warlord
Post-whore

Yeah man, at first I didn't really dig the sound, but Iloved the feel. But I've really started to like the sound too. For really fast tremolo picking on the low notes...it sounds really fluent and smooth.

Old 2007-11-21, 02:24
Auyard
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Yeah man, at first I didn't really dig the sound, but Iloved the feel. But I've really started to like the sound too. For really fast tremolo picking on the low notes...it sounds really fluent and smooth.

Well I do like the sound of that. For some reason whenever i'm just screwing around I trem pick a lot.

Old 2007-11-21, 04:11
7-string warlord
Post-whore

Because trem picking is bad-ass!