MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Guitar Zone

Old 2007-11-06, 22:08
jackson_metal_head
Senior Metalhead

Japanese guitar.

Yo.

anyone know of any guitars made in japan with a fixed bridge? all the ibanez prestieges are japanese but none have a fixed bridge, there also seems to be no jackons made in japan with fixed bridges, they ALL seem to have floyds,

i dont know what other makes to look at tbh, i havent got the cash for a custom ran, oh yeah and i dont mean to be too picky but id rather it was a bolt-on construction.

doesntr have to be brand new, anyone know of any older specific guitars which fit my criteria? thanks alot

JMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by philkilla
Play some Defeated Sanity and brutalize the vagina.

summer is 'ere an' it's fuckin' fuckin' buzzin

Old 2007-11-06, 22:25
Soeru
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson_metal_head
Yo.

anyone know of any guitars made in japan with a fixed bridge? all the ibanez prestieges are japanese but none have a fixed bridge, there also seems to be no jackons made in japan with fixed bridges, they ALL seem to have floyds,

i dont know what other makes to look at tbh, i havent got the cash for a custom ran, oh yeah and i dont mean to be too picky but id rather it was a bolt-on construction.

doesntr have to be brand new, anyone know of any older specific guitars which fit my criteria? thanks alot

JMS

Yeah there are a few J-made Jacksons with fixed bridges, such as the SLSMG:

http://search.ebay.com/jackson-slsm...rdsreturnedZ300

Excellent guitar, I don't think you can get a new all mahogany neckthru + ebony fingerboard guitar with decent pickups for that much anywhere.

(Did you know In Flames had a 2005 album called "Come Clarity"? How prophetic. I think they're trying to tell us all their sperm are dead.)

Old 2007-11-06, 23:22
7-string warlord
Post-whore

The Jackson RR5 has a fixed bridge. It is a Pro series instrument, meaning: It's made in Japan, and has extremely awesome quality.

Old 2007-11-06, 23:23
7-string warlord
Post-whore

I forgot to mention it has a set neck.....Which is panted, so that makes it that much more comfortable to play.

Old 2007-11-07, 06:17
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soeru
Yeah there are a few J-made Jacksons with fixed bridges, such as the SLSMG:

http://search.ebay.com/jackson-slsm...rdsreturnedZ300

Excellent guitar, I don't think you can get a new all mahogany neckthru + ebony fingerboard guitar with decent pickups for that much anywhere.

Yeah, I have the guitar. I wanted exactly that - the Soloist without a Floyd. Its great and I suggest you try one out. They aren't rare I don't think although I don't see them around as much as I use to.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Last edited by Darko : 2007-11-07 at 06:20.

Old 2007-11-07, 13:26
Deathmaster213
Supreme Metalhead

I think you can add the Mark Morton sig to that too. It's a Pro Series sig, so I assume it's Japanese. The body style isn't to everyones liking though, and of course because it's a sig, it probably costs more than it should.

Old 2007-11-07, 16:27
jackson_metal_head
Senior Metalhead

cheers for the info, the SLSMG looks pretty nice, whats the neck profile like on it? id probably get it sanded, cant stand painted necks.

edit: Soeru, when you said a few, what were the other Japanese jacksons with fixed bridges?

cheers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by philkilla
Play some Defeated Sanity and brutalize the vagina.

summer is 'ere an' it's fuckin' fuckin' buzzin

Last edited by jackson_metal_head : 2007-11-07 at 16:53.

Old 2007-11-08, 08:29
kleenx
Senior Metalhead

i've got one of those slsmg's. the neck profile is very wide and thin. body and neck are nice. hardware is not great - could use new pots and tuners. mine had frets pop up out of the board and apparently this is a common problem with these. the previous owner glued them back down and it plays fine, but yeah less than perfect.

Old 2007-11-08, 09:03
Soeru
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson_metal_head
cheers for the info, the SLSMG looks pretty nice, whats the neck profile like on it? id probably get it sanded, cant stand painted necks.

edit: Soeru, when you said a few, what were the other Japanese jacksons with fixed bridges?

cheers.

Haha I used to feel the same way about painted necks, then I got a neckthru Charvel and realized it was not bad at all.

Yeah there are a few more but for ones with fixed bridges(and bolt on construction) you're really limited to low end instruments (400$ ish). Jackson KVx10(the old ones, the new ones have trems) for example.

(Did you know In Flames had a 2005 album called "Come Clarity"? How prophetic. I think they're trying to tell us all their sperm are dead.)

Old 2007-11-08, 19:02
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

I've never had that problem with the frets and I've had it for about two years.

The neck is pretty slick and very comfortable. The guitar is also surprisingly light. As far as I'm concerned the hardware is fine except for the stock pick-ups - definitley should replace those.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2007-11-08, 21:46
kleenx
Senior Metalhead

^ something to do with humidity and the wood shrinking w frets not anchored properly? idk, but when i looked it up i saw others were having the same problem.

i switched the h3's for a paf pro and a tonezone. in retrospect i think the h3 was actually well suited in the neck position, and i would take it over the paf (but i sold the emg's). what do you have in yours darko?