MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Gear & Recording

Old 2007-10-21, 20:11
Sycophant
Supreme Metalhead

Cab wiring question

So I'm about to order a Vader cab last night when I realized I needed to shoot Adam a quick email telling him I need my cab wired for stereo, 4 ohms a side. It turns out that they are out of 8 ohm speakers so they wouldn't be able to do 4 ohms per side right now. Eminence said they are back-ordered for another 6 weeks too. However, Adam said he could do 8 ohms per side with 16 ohm speakers. My Ampeg VH140c is rated at 4 ohms minimum load a side. Would going with this alternate configuration be a good idea? Any disadvantages?

Old 2007-10-21, 20:42
xdislexicx
TEH PWNZOR!!!1qa
Alumni Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sycophant
So I'm about to order a Vader cab last night when I realized I needed to shoot Adam a quick email telling him I need my cab wired for stereo, 4 ohms a side. It turns out that they are out of 8 ohm speakers so they wouldn't be able to do 4 ohms per side right now. Eminence said they are back-ordered for another 6 weeks too. However, Adam said he could do 8 ohms per side with 16 ohm speakers. My Ampeg VH140c is rated at 4 ohms minimum load a side. Would going with this alternate configuration be a good idea? Any disadvantages?

If your head is solid state, and it is, impendance isnt as big of an issue. 4 ohms per side is the minimum so 8 or 16 per side would work just fine.

Old 2007-10-22, 19:47
Sycophant
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdislexicx
If your head is solid state, and it is, impendance isnt as big of an issue. 4 ohms per side is the minimum so 8 or 16 per side would work just fine.

Thanks for the reply. This means I don't have to wait until after Thanksgiving to order my Vader.