MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Gear & Recording

Old 2007-10-14, 16:16
Amadeus
Quantum.

Hot and Cold

Looked around on the forum but couldn't find anything specific about this.

I've found a place where I can practice with my amp at high volume any time of the day or night, however there is one thing that I'd like to ask if it is a catch or not. The small space where I can store it will be a normal room temperature, however, the room I'm actually playing in can be down to 12-14 degrees - fahrenheit... no, of course Celsius - at times. I know constant shift in temperature is bad for some electronic devices, so how about a tube amp?

"He preferred the hard truth over his dearest illusion. That, is the heart of science."
- Carl Sagan

"Imagination is more important than intelligence" - Einstein

Old 2007-10-14, 18:50
xdislexicx
TEH PWNZOR!!!1qa
Alumni Staff

12-14 Celsius is about 53-58 degrees Fahrenheit(What I deal with because I'm in the U.S.) and while it might be cold enough to make you want to put on a jacket. It shouldn't be severe enough to cause problems with your amp.

On the otherhand. If you were to say, leave your amp in the trailer overnight in the 0(32f) or less degree weather and then bring it into a nice warm room and fire it up right away, that might be a big enough sway in temperature to mess up your tubes. Going from way freezing cold to red hot in a matter of seconds. Glass can crack.

Old 2007-10-14, 23:11
Pr0az
Post-whore

Just make sure moisture can't get in...you should be fine.