MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Guitar Zone

Old 2007-10-06, 00:44
Auyard
Senior Metalhead

Edge Pro Help needed quickly

So i'm chaning strings on my Ibanez with an Edge Pro 3 Trem and i'm on the last string and i realize the trem has 'sunk' down too low and i basically ended taking it all the way off and now i can't get it to go back on right. If i leave it unstring and without the trem in the guitar will it be ok until monday when i can take it to the local music store or am i completely fucked?

Old 2007-10-06, 02:01
jaxadam
Senior Metalhead

You're okay. You don't need to take it anywhere just yet...

Put the springs back in, and put the trem on the trem posts. You basically just need to unscrew the trem claw springs (in the cavity) to bring it back to neutral (not sinking).

Put all of your strings on and tune to pitch. You should be okay. This isn't something worth wasting $50 on.

Old 2007-10-07, 18:38
withinexile
New Blood

Old 2007-10-08, 04:52
The Angry Hobbit
Senior Metalhead

next time you should do the strings one at a time. take one off, replace it, and then move to the next string. that way the trem keeps its tention.

Old 2007-10-08, 06:43
Sycophant
Supreme Metalhead

Oh man, I could have posted the same message back in 1999 when I visited Jersey and foolishly took off all the strings on my Ibanez RG570... came back home and the same thing happened to me - I was scared shitless too. Keep your strings strung up on any floating system at all times unless you have stuck something between the bridge and the cavity of the guitar body (but that's just a temporary thing to be done in repairs and etc.) There's a reason why they're called "floating" trems.

Old 2007-10-08, 18:17
Auyard
Senior Metalhead

I was replacing them one by one but I wasn't tuning up the string after replacing it. I was thinking well I do hate tuning so I'll just do it all at one time....dumb. Got it fixed now though.