MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Guitar Zone

Old 2007-10-05, 02:34
BOB_ZE_METALLEU
the siamese

Guitar Noise Technique

hey guys,

im looking for lessons to learn how to make great guitar noise...i tried to figure it by my own, but its always better to get tips.

if you can explain it or post a link, it would be nice!!!

thanks in advance guys!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassbehemoth
Sick. It's an overly sugared and overly carbonated vagina drink.

Old 2007-10-05, 16:21
ThornsOfHeaven200
Supreme Metalhead

If you have a locking trem you could make use of dive bombs and those harmonic squeels like those in the Dime lesson vid on youtube. If you can control the feedback from your amp you can use it to create noise that is also musical. You can also use your guitar like a percussion instrument by using left hand muting and making those clunky sounds in interesting rhythm patterns. theres also pick scrapes. if you could combine these various techniques im sure you could make some cool guitar "noises". Thats really all i can think of now off the top of my head.

Old 2007-10-05, 17:20
Soeru
Post-whore

Have 3 glasses of whiskey before playing. All the noise technique you could ever dream of.

(Did you know In Flames had a 2005 album called "Come Clarity"? How prophetic. I think they're trying to tell us all their sperm are dead.)

Old 2007-10-05, 17:44
the_bleeding
Post-whore

for noise: what you need

A delay
high volume

optional:
flanger/phaser (doesnt matter)
whammy bar

hit a chord, like maybe the lowest one you can, wait for it to feedback, lift hand off strings. Let all strings feedback, mute select strings to change pitch. Touch harmonic spots on strings to change pitch. Play a random, fast, nonsense riff with delay on. Let it decay slowly, play something over it. Get some feedback goin with the delay and let the feedback stack. Play an open string and do a neck bend... with dfelay on. Neck bend while feedingback... with delay on. During any of this, you can have your phaser/flanger on whenver you want.
I was very bemused as a youngster watching the Golden Girls when Blanche said she was going to "spank her fanny" I had visions of a geriatric vertical bacon sandwich red and bruised from being disciplined!!!

Old 2007-10-05, 19:11
Musician1978
Senior Metalhead

Also, if you have a decent processor, you can take a sound you like, and process the crap out of it. Add everything and anything, and adjust all the perameters and such.

You can get some unbelievable sounds which can be utilized for filling pretty much any void. I do this almost all the time on my own recordings and always come up with something different. Mess around with different ways of attacking the strings as well.

Some of these sounds that you can create will sound nothing like a guitar, so doing random quick pickslides or running you fingers all over the fretboard randomly as fast as your fingers will move. Or a combination of such. Use yer whammy bar and make crazy dives while doing the things I just mentioned. Really, the possibillities are endless.

This is the reason that of all the instruments I can play, the (electric) guitar is the most fun; it is such a diverse instrument.

Old 2007-10-09, 22:47
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Theres a thread around here somewhere about everyone talking about noises they can make.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2007-11-20, 07:36
priji
New Blood

I am very soory, I don't know, How to make great guitar noise?

Old 2007-11-20, 09:57
The Doctor
Denimwearinghillbilly
Forum Leader

listen to some Anal Cunt