MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Guitar Zone

Old 2007-10-02, 03:49
7-string warlord
Post-whore

whammy bar harmonics

I've really been getting into this (all cheesiness and wankery aside it sounds cool). The thing is, I'm looking for the highest picthed harmonic to yank th crap out of on my tremolo, so far the highest pithed one I can hit is a little before the fourth fret on my high b string. Any one know of a higher pitched one that isn't imossible to hit?

Old 2007-10-02, 04:39
Sycophant
Supreme Metalhead

Try this:
Keep the bar lightly cradled in your middle, ring and pinky fingers while holding the pick normally and start doing pinch harmonics between the single coil and bridge pickups on the top three strings without fretting any notes. The G string is my favorite here by far but there's a couple on the E you can hit that are so high in pitch you won't be able to make them out. In any case because of the position the bar is at in your hand you should be able to shake, squeal and dive any of these with ease. Feels great.

Old 2007-10-02, 04:41
7-string warlord
Post-whore

damn, that sounds pretty cool. I usually go for the G too, but I was just looking for something insanely high pitched, but it's always easier to hit clear notes on the G.