MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Guitar Zone

Old 2007-09-25, 05:07
blindvomit
Senior Metalhead

My new MCS Bastard V... brutal as all fuck...

Old 2007-09-25, 10:36
Deathmaster213
Supreme Metalhead

I really hate the headstocks on those things, but the body is cool, particularly in white.

Old 2007-09-25, 10:48
Soeru
Post-whore

The shape does not float my boat but that must play fuckin awesome. Congrats.

(Did you know In Flames had a 2005 album called "Come Clarity"? How prophetic. I think they're trying to tell us all their sperm are dead.)

Old 2007-09-25, 15:11
ThornsOfHeaven200
Supreme Metalhead

Duuuuude....awesome guitar man! MCS kicks major ass! I cant wait till I have enough $ for a custom bolt on. Im still deciding on specs and everything right now, but I still have lots of saving to do. I really like the shape of it, the looks, everything. Enjoy it man!

BTW are you on the MCS forums??? I dont post there alot, but Im on it alot. I have the same user name as i do on here.

Old 2007-09-25, 17:59
Requiem
Post-whore

Nice!

Old 2007-09-25, 19:38
the_bleeding
Post-whore

that just gave me a boner
I was very bemused as a youngster watching the Golden Girls when Blanche said she was going to "spank her fanny" I had visions of a geriatric vertical bacon sandwich red and bruised from being disciplined!!!

Old 2007-09-25, 19:43
Mortal_Lament
Senior Metalhead

Snazy guitar man, i'd love to get my hands on one. The black beavals are pretty awsome as well. I'm personally not used to the lack of inlays, but, to each his own
Rocktron Xpression Rack mount
Rocktron Gainiac Rack Mount

Old 2007-09-25, 22:36
blindvomit
Senior Metalhead

I didn't find the blank fretboard to appealing either but when you see it in person it is perfect... I love blank fretboards now haha... it's almost like playing a classical acoustic... except this guitar plays better than any guitar I've ever had my hands on.... including $3000+ big name brand guitars... really happy with it... In the future I plan to change the tremolo to an OFR even though there is nothing wrong at all with this one, it performs really fucking smooth and flawlessly, and I plan to swap out the pickups too, again nothing wrong with the ones on here they really fucking scream but I want to drop either EMGs in there (81 -85) or two zebra X2Ns (that would look fucking rad).

Old 2007-09-26, 06:31
the_bleeding
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindvomit
I didn't find the blank fretboard to appealing either but when you see it in person it is perfect... I love blank fretboards now haha... it's almost like playing a classical acoustic... except this guitar plays better than any guitar I've ever had my hands on.... including $3000+ big name brand guitars... really happy with it... In the future I plan to change the tremolo to an OFR even though there is nothing wrong at all with this one, it performs really fucking smooth and flawlessly, and I plan to swap out the pickups too, again nothing wrong with the ones on here they really fucking scream but I want to drop either EMGs in there (81 -85) or two zebra X2Ns (that would look fucking rad).

do the x2n's. But remember to specify black/white and not zebra... zebra means black/creme... unless you want the creme...
dual x2n's JUST LIKE BUCKETHEAD!!?!?!??!
I was very bemused as a youngster watching the Golden Girls when Blanche said she was going to "spank her fanny" I had visions of a geriatric vertical bacon sandwich red and bruised from being disciplined!!!

Old 2007-09-26, 11:49
Mortal_Lament
Senior Metalhead

well buckethead has been proven to be the man. Still, i'd take the x2ns over the emgs, and a kahler trem over the OFR. But, it's your guitar, it's pretty awesome, i don't see anyone being able to screw up the awesomeness of that guitar.

BTW, is the x2n an active pup? i've been aching to switch out the stock quad rails from my vanguard, but i don't want to spend the money for wiring.

Last edited by Mortal_Lament : 2007-09-26 at 11:52.

Old 2007-09-26, 14:06
blindvomit
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal_Lament
well buckethead has been proven to be the man. Still, i'd take the x2ns over the emgs, and a kahler trem over the OFR. But, it's your guitar, it's pretty awesome, i don't see anyone being able to screw up the awesomeness of that guitar.

BTW, is the x2n an active pup? i've been aching to switch out the stock quad rails from my vanguard, but i don't want to spend the money for wiring.

X2N is passive.

Anyone have any experience with X2Ns on a maple neck/alder body combination?

Old 2007-09-26, 16:10
ThornsOfHeaven200
Supreme Metalhead

Yeah, my Dime332 has a maple neck/alder body and the X2N kills in it. Its not as trebley as my other axe which is maple neck and body and thus gives a better overall tone (i still love the sound i get from my other guitar, but its just different sound). Id recommend the X2N for you already killer axe. If that was my guitar the only things Id change are the pickups to an X2N/PAF Pro combo and the bridge to a Kahler...and maybe get some inlays. But even stock Im sure it lets you kick some major ass.

Old 2007-09-26, 23:24
JOAMdude
Post-whore

that guitar is ugly

Old 2007-09-27, 00:03
the_bleeding
Post-whore

x2n in alder will sound amazing. Heavy and chugga chugga. Imagine the tone of an emg 81 with more bass, and more dynamics and less sterility... thats x2n territory.

Old 2007-09-27, 00:27
Mortal_Lament
Senior Metalhead

what about in basswood?

Old 2007-09-29, 02:17
satan's shedder
Metalhead

Those V's are only 24 3/4 scale?

Old 2007-09-29, 19:00
blindvomit
Senior Metalhead

Yeah 24.75''...

Old 2007-10-02, 01:41
Josh
Metalhead

My friend has that guitar but in red, its pretty awesome. Except since his is red we always bust his balls and tell him it looks like a lobster.

Old 2007-10-02, 04:34
7-string warlord
Post-whore

You gonna sell that one too? haha just messin' with you. That really is a nice guitar!

Old 2007-10-11, 05:05
Me himself
Supreme Metalhead

That pickup looks soooo juicy, especially with the black/white color scheme of the guitar. Shit, I'm just imagining one of them babies in my white rg! hey btw, what was in the bridge before?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh
My friend has that guitar but in red, its pretty awesome. Except since his is red we always bust his balls and tell him it looks like a lobster.

hahaha. Damn I want some lobster now! I could go for a seafood salad on toast right about now...
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB_ZE_METALLEU
Quote:
Originally Posted by CannibalXampire
Everyone is wrong.

Last edited by Me himself : 2007-10-11 at 05:07.

Old 2007-10-11, 05:32
blindvomit
Senior Metalhead

There used to be a mock X2N in the bridge which of course doesn't compare to the X2N but it still sounds damn good...