MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Gear & Recording

Old 2007-09-20, 08:41
xdislexicx
TEH PWNZOR!!!1qa
Alumni Staff

Another sexy addition to show off. (New cab)

Just got around to taking pics of my new white Mesa Halfback 4x12. These are the vintage Mesa cabs designed for the Mark series. Somewhat rare to see these days, and a rarer few were made in white.

Booya
Half open back
Fully closed back
No back
Celestion G12-80's
150w Black shadows

As you can see, this particular cab has an extra back panel for the top two speakers. This allows me to make it a fully closed back cab instead of the half open back it was intended to be. Let me tell you, either way sounds killer. For modern high gain with my FJA 5150 II the closed back gets a better tight and defined sound. But with my JCM 800 and half open back, it breaths clear brilliant tone. I haven't decided which way I like it more.

Celestion G12-80's in the bottom, with Black Shadows up top. But not typical Black Shadows, these are 150w where as Black Shadows these days are 90w relabeled Celestion Custom 90's. Not sure exactly what speakers these are if they're just relabeled.
I'm probably going to try replacing the g12-80's with a pair of 8 ohm Eminence Swamp Thangs I have laying around. Just to see how they sound in it. It honestly sounds just fine the way it is though.

This thing might look tiny. But it honestly weighs more than my VHT. I'm definately going to install casters.

Comments...

Last edited by xdislexicx : 2007-09-20 at 08:44.

Old 2007-09-20, 09:50
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

Nice, I remember playing one of those cabs live, was more brutal then an engl v30 cab. And that was with an half-open back.

They are heavy but it's a very decent construction, Engl cabs aren't exactly the lightest either.

Bet they are more rare over here, I've only seen/played one of those once. It was black though