MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Gear & Recording

Old 2007-09-18, 02:33
Cheddagh1943
New Blood

Krank + Orange = Brutal

I'm going on a venture to make the most brutal setup ever, but before i start i want to know if an Orange Rockverb 100 head would work

with a krankenstien 600 watt speaker cab

or would it explode in my face/sound like shit and THEN explode in my face?

Old 2007-09-18, 08:36
Valtiel
Supreme Metalhead

The Rockerverb's can definitely get heavy, but screw the Krank cab. Id go for a VHT 4x12.
"So often our hands get caught up in ruts of muscle memory. 'Muscle memory' is an accurate term. We get used to doing certain things, without even being aware of them. This ultimately not only shapes and therefore limits our technique, it also shapes what we compose, what we write. We end up thinking still unknowingly trapped in that box." -Adam Nitti

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bleeding
buy a stick of graphite (art stores) and rub it into your nut

Old 2007-09-18, 11:50
Mortal_Lament
Senior Metalhead

It SHOULDN'T blow up in your face, if you match the ohms from the back of the head, to the back of the cab.
I never liked orange though, never really did anything for me.
Rocktron Xpression Rack mount
Rocktron Gainiac Rack Mount

Old 2007-09-18, 18:35
gorath23
Senior Metalhead

Personally I would have imagined that the opposite would result in 'teh bro0tulz' i.e. a Krank Revolution plus an Orange V30 4x12. But I guess its all dependant on style. For Stoner/ Doom stuff the Orange head would work better, for anything else the Krank would edge it for me. Better yet don't buy either, just buy all-ENGL instead

Engl Fireball
MIJ '84 Greco LP Custom (looking for BKP Nailbomb)
Custom Stratocaster/BKP Sinner
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Framus 2x12
ISP Decimator
Line6 Echo Park
Applause AE128 E/A

www.myspace.com/cathisord - Dark Metal Project

Old 2007-09-18, 19:45
the_bleeding
Post-whore

krank amps arent exactly the best in build quality, but their cabs absolutely kick ass. Krank amps however do all of the "core" genres quite well... imagine a peavey 5150 with a warmer/less raw saturation. Downside of the cabs is that they weigh a ton (but so do orange cabs). But loaded with Texas heats? Theyre great metal speakers. Personally, i'd take off the metal front plate and replace it with fabric to get more trebel out of it.

Orange heads can get heavy as fuck, but we're talkin stoner/doom more bass than you can handle heavy. Not quite "brutal" as you put it like say an ENGL is like. If you want more grindy/gritty death metal styles, i'd say look at ENGL and Laney.

Though, a rockverb on a krankenstein cab will sound great. Something i wouldnt mind having I'd get one with 6550's
I was very bemused as a youngster watching the Golden Girls when Blanche said she was going to "spank her fanny" I had visions of a geriatric vertical bacon sandwich red and bruised from being disciplined!!!

Old 2007-09-18, 20:34
xdislexicx
TEH PWNZOR!!!1qa
Alumni Staff

There are much better cabs in that price range. Krank is mediocre stuff. And for "brutal" I wouldn't say the Rockerverb is the most brutal. Though it can do it.

Old 2007-09-20, 02:54
Casketcrusher
Post-whore

If you want UBER brutal try a Deizel Herbert with an Orange Rockerverb with a Vader cabinet.

Truer words were never spoken.