MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Guitar Zone

Old 2007-09-13, 19:52
Stormrider8158
New Blood

Buzzing in the Neck?

I've taken my guitar in on three seperate occasions to get this looked at, and no one has found anything wrong with it.

When I play, specifically barre chords, but this happens in general too, I hear this buzzing sound coming from inside the neck. If I pluck a string hard, there's a huge vibrating buzzing noise coming from the same place. It's getting to the point where I can barely stand to practice.

Any idea what's wrong?

Old 2007-09-13, 19:58
fatdanny
Post-whore

Are you sure it is coming from inside the neck and that it isn't just fret buzz?

If it is fret buzz, raise the action a little bit and check the truss rod is properly adjusted.

Old 2007-09-13, 20:10
Stormrider8158
New Blood

It's possible. How do I go about raising the action and checking the truss rod?

Old 2007-09-14, 14:52
fatdanny
Post-whore

Old 2007-09-14, 15:36
sqol
Post-whore

Could be the truss rod 'flapping about' in there, check that the truss rod is under tension, and perhaps adjust it a little so it sits slightly differently to how it did. As fatdanny said, it could be fret buzz.

The Freedom of Chaos
The Secret of The Secret
The Truth of The Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undone
moonraven?....more like ass raven

Old 2007-09-15, 04:47
the_bleeding
Post-whore

fret buzz or truss yup yup. Allen wrench that shit up! i actually did mine a few days ago

this might be depressing to hear, but if nothing works you might have to look into getting a new guitar
I was very bemused as a youngster watching the Golden Girls when Blanche said she was going to "spank her fanny" I had visions of a geriatric vertical bacon sandwich red and bruised from being disciplined!!!

Old 2007-09-15, 06:17
Arsis
Supreme Metalhead

Ya, I had a westone that had this problem. it wasnt no ordinary fret buzz. it sounded plain weird but only when i plucked rather hard.

Old 2007-09-16, 23:01
jesse vetrone
New Blood

hi dude.

this sounds kinda dumb, but make sure your not plucking it too vetrically, if you know what i mean. like if you grab a string, pull it out away form the body and let it go, you'll notice it vibrates up and down (twords the fretboard) as opposed to horizontally to the board, and if you have really low action it can touch the frets and make a buzz.

Old 2007-09-20, 00:51
Arsis
Supreme Metalhead

That makes good sense. was when i actually plucked it like that on my westone was when it made that sound. (of course i only did that for fun lol and didnt care too much for the guitar)