MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Gear & Recording

Old 2007-08-29, 11:44
gorath23
Senior Metalhead

Toontrack DFH/ EZdrummer

Well I've already run out of usable loops from Double Bass Mania II as for some dumb reason only 20% or so of the loops are 4/4 time. Anyway so I'm pretty much stuck unless I start using something like DFH. Can anyone recommend me which one to get? I heard somewhere that Tomas Haake from Meshuggah had input at some point? Anyway I need something fairly simple to use so I can dial in some slower tempo 4/4 rhythms with the option of DB if I want it. I don't really fancy spending too much but at the same time I hate using torrents.

EDIT: I just found out that the Software has loops as well, so no need to program everything manually, how large are these libraries and if I wanted access to the best metal sounds am I looking at EZdrummer + DFH expansion = £140? Damn thats expensive

Engl Fireball
MIJ '84 Greco LP Custom (looking for BKP Nailbomb)
Custom Stratocaster/BKP Sinner
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Framus 2x12
ISP Decimator
Line6 Echo Park
Applause AE128 E/A

www.myspace.com/cathisord - Dark Metal Project

Last edited by gorath23 : 2007-08-29 at 12:33.

Old 2007-08-29, 16:08
kleenx
Senior Metalhead

you'll probably want the samples that come with dfh ... it's got an extended kit with several for each drum. the patterns though 10% useful the rest are shitty variations on bar rock beats. the grooves are just atrocious. i can't even jam with them never mind use them in a song.

ezd has no beat mapper, so you have to edit it's midi patterns in your host, which can be frustrating. if you have a midi controller you can play the kit yourself, which makes it a lot better.

so yeah, on it's own - not worth it. in conjunction with a controller - totally useful.

Last edited by kleenx : 2007-08-30 at 15:54.

Old 2007-08-30, 07:27
gorath23
Senior Metalhead

Ahh, theres no way I'm buying a controller too. I think I'll try and find some more loops to keep me going for a while then. Considering that loops cost me about £18 and I'm happy with the quality (I just need more), spending close to £200 just isn't worth it.

Engl Fireball
MIJ '84 Greco LP Custom (looking for BKP Nailbomb)
Custom Stratocaster/BKP Sinner
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Framus 2x12
ISP Decimator
Line6 Echo Park
Applause AE128 E/A

www.myspace.com/cathisord - Dark Metal Project