MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Gear & Recording

Old 2007-08-22, 18:06
vaiogeodon
New Blood

Recording / Computer

Hey guys. Hopefully one of you can help me. I am looking for a solution to this scenario. Is there a product out there that can do this?

Hook up guitar to PC and use the PC as an amp for bedroom practice.
Ability to record guitar tracks on the PC (ability to record vocals would be a plus)
Ability to bring to a friends house and line out to his mixer (or possibly a cab in the future) and be heard above drums

Thanks guys

Old 2007-08-25, 19:50
The Execrator
Noob lud

M Audio Fast Track?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.

Old 2007-08-25, 23:32
Unanything
Post-whore

Stealth Plug?

www.garageband.com/tranxnart
www.myspace.com/tranxnart
www.youtube.com/user/Tranxhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while fucking you in the eye. Brutal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridadude
I coated the end of a toothpick with Satan's blood and simply wiped it across the top of an omelet. PERFECT!

Old 2007-08-26, 11:56
blackmetalgodz
New Blood

hmmm....
i would suggest buying a microphone and an amplifier. then you can download or buy a program to record. i use a program called mix-pad and i reccomend it. hook the microphone into the back of your computer and put it in front of the amplifier. when you mic an amp it always sounds 100% better than when you record directly into the computer. i don't know what to tell you for the drums...either he'll have to bring them to your house or you'll have to take your computer over there.

Old 2007-08-26, 22:57
Soeru
Post-whore

If you have a Firewire port on your PC, get a Presonus Inspire:
http://presonus.com/inspire1394.html

If you only have USB, try a M-Audio Fast Track PRO.

The presonus comes with Cubase LE which is a pretty serious recording/mixing app. The M-audio comes with something too but I forget what.

Then download Amplitube 2(amp simulation software, very awesome), that you use as a plugin in Cubase/whatever to record your guitars with. It can also be run standalone if you don't want to open Cubase just to practice a little.

Both have 1/4" ins and XLR inputs and phantom power so it'll work with mics.

I really suggest the Presonus because I own it and love it, if you want a sample of what kinds of sounds I'm getting let me know.

This is a recording tool though, not meant for use in a band situation, you won't find anything that'll do all 3, at least not well.

(Did you know In Flames had a 2005 album called "Come Clarity"? How prophetic. I think they're trying to tell us all their sperm are dead.)

Old 2007-08-29, 08:31
gorath23
Senior Metalhead

I also agree that the Presonus Inspire rocks, but if you are set on getting an all in one then maybe a Line6 POD might be worth checking out. Download some free software (Reaper?) to record with. If you are short on cash then go that way, otherwise save up and do it properly and get the Presonus + an amp for jamming live.

Engl Fireball
MIJ '84 Greco LP Custom (looking for BKP Nailbomb)
Custom Stratocaster/BKP Sinner
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Framus 2x12
ISP Decimator
Line6 Echo Park
Applause AE128 E/A

www.myspace.com/cathisord - Dark Metal Project