MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Guitar Zone

Old 2007-07-06, 15:52
SoulsofBlack
New Blood

Jackson DKMGT or Ibanez VTB 700?

Just wondering your opinion on what's the better buy. I can get the DKMGT for 500 or the newer Ibanez V's with a hardshell case for six hundred.

Old 2007-07-06, 22:38
7-string warlord
Post-whore

Have you played either? I would say Jackson on the sole issue of playing comfort, to me at least. But the ibanez has a case, and It's a V. But I don't like Ibanez necks as much as Jackson necks, or at least Wizard II necks.

Old 2007-07-07, 03:32
SoulsofBlack
New Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7-string warlord
Have you played either? I would say Jackson on the sole issue of playing comfort, to me at least. But the ibanez has a case, and It's a V. But I don't like Ibanez necks as much as Jackson necks, or at least Wizard II necks.

I played it briefly and enjoyed it. Why do people always crap all over those necks? Well, I liked it better than DV8 which was too big for my taste and I've never had a problem really playing a v sitting down.

Old 2007-07-07, 03:56
Myrmidonlord666
Senior Metalhead

Fuck Jackson, there necks are fucking ghey... Now onto an actual helpful response.

ID personally go for the Ibanez since its a neck thru (If i remember correctly) and the wizard II neck aint all that bad. O and i have a hard on for fixed bridges (If i remember it also has a ffixed bridge), BUT since most of my post is based on shoddy short term memory feel free to ignore it
Originally Posted by xdislexicx
it was too hifi for me...
it's like a hot chick that is horrible in bed.

Old 2007-07-07, 04:37
SoulsofBlack
New Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrmidonlord666
Fuck Jackson, there necks are fucking ghey... Now onto an actual helpful response.

ID personally go for the Ibanez since its a neck thru (If i remember correctly) and the wizard II neck aint all that bad. O and i have a hard on for fixed bridges (If i remember it also has a ffixed bridge), BUT since most of my post is based on shoddy short term memory feel free to ignore it

haha, what is so bad about those necks?

Old 2007-07-07, 05:00
7-string warlord
Post-whore

I was just stating my personal preferences. I just said I like Jackson's more, kind of like how you said you like Ibanez more. The only difference is I wasn't an asshole about it. Your response was no more helpful than mine, the exact same shit with some added cock-smithery.

Old 2007-07-07, 06:21
Myrmidonlord666
Senior Metalhead

hahaha I just hate Jackson necks I have a green Kelly and a V and I find them to be unsatisfactory. BTW I wasn't saying your post wasn't helpful I was pointing out the first statement i made was my opinion. I wasn't trying to start a flame war or anything.

Old 2007-07-07, 06:25
7-string warlord
Post-whore

OH...I feel fuckin stupid now.....I really like Ibanez too, in fact that's the one he should go for. Because V's are cool, and it comes with a case...plus that Jackson has EMG's.....

Old 2007-07-07, 07:06
SoulsofBlack
New Blood

Quote:
OH...I feel fuckin stupid now.....I really like Ibanez too, in fact that's the one he should go for. Because V's are cool, and it comes with a case...plus that Jackson has EMG's.....

Yea, goin for the V...plus it might become semi-hard to find one day possibly so..fuck yea lol

Old 2007-07-07, 15:50
Myrmidonlord666
Senior Metalhead

Dimarzo Detonators in the ibanez are good enough that replacing them is only if you want to put a Dimarzio X2N they are actually fucking ASTOUNDING pickups considering they are stock (take that as you will) I am getting a Xiphos and V and probably will leave them in for awhile, till I decide if they are on par with my X2N's.

So you'd save money on buying new pickups to replace Emgayhz in the Jackson, which could be the 100 dollar difference and then some. So the Ibanez is pretty much the more intelligent buy in the long run.

O and the fact the neck is thinner and isnt a lamo jackson neck. (sorry I REALLY hate jackson necks with the 14" to 16" radius)

Old 2007-07-08, 02:34
TangledMortalCoil
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
I don't like Ibanez necks as much as Jackson necks, or at least Wizard II necks.
i have to say overall my ibanez with a wizard ii feels more normal.. the neck on my jackson sometimes feels too thin, like i'm spoiling myself or something

Old 2007-07-08, 04:12
7-string warlord
Post-whore

In my case my Wizard II neck is thinner than my Jackson's neck, this being why I prefer the Jackson.

Old 2007-07-08, 04:32
Myrmidonlord666
Senior Metalhead

See I started playing a BC Rich with an extremely thin neck (12" diameter) and Jackson guitars have (14 - 16" diameter on the FLoyd guitars) where as Ibanez also have the 12" necks NOOOOOOOOW thats why I have all the hate for Jackson, they feel so clunky to me

Old 2007-07-08, 04:52
7-string warlord
Post-whore

I learned to play on an ltd seven-string, so "14-"16 is nothing for me! I like the more solid feel of a thicker neck, cept for those tree stumps on gibsons!

Old 2007-07-08, 08:37
satan's shedder
Metalhead

WTF Dimarzio Detonators try Dimarzio D-Activators which are pretty hot pick ups.

Old 2007-07-11, 18:48
belphegor79
Supreme Metalhead

This is a matter of preference. Pick up both guitars and figure out which one plays better for you. They're both badass.

Old 2007-07-11, 18:49
belphegor79
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrmidonlord666
See I started playing a BC Rich with an extremely thin neck (12" diameter) and Jackson guitars have (14 - 16" diameter on the FLoyd guitars) where as Ibanez also have the 12" necks NOOOOOOOOW thats why I have all the hate for Jackson, they feel so clunky to me

Seriously? Jackson feels like a breeze to me compared to most BC Rich's.