MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Gear & Recording

Old 2007-06-10, 22:31
4d5e6f
Supreme Metalhead

Pickup Selector Problem

I have a 3 way pickup selector, wired normally, but it has a weird problem. Whenever I put it into the bridge pickup position, it selects both the neck and bridge at the same time (what the middle setting does). The only way to get it to select only the bridge pickup is to pull it a little back so it's halfway between the both setting and the bridge setting. This is really annoying because I can't switch between neck and bridge pickups without having to completely stop and wiggle the switch into an unstable position. Does anybody know what I could do about this problem, or what could be causing it?

Old 2007-06-11, 04:14
*insert name here*
Jono

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4d5e6f
I have a 3 way pickup selector, wired normally, but it has a weird problem. Whenever I put it into the bridge pickup position, it selects both the neck and bridge at the same time (what the middle setting does). The only way to get it to select only the bridge pickup is to pull it a little back so it's halfway between the both setting and the bridge setting. This is really annoying because I can't switch between neck and bridge pickups without having to completely stop and wiggle the switch into an unstable position. Does anybody know what I could do about this problem, or what could be causing it?

99% sure it is a wire on the 5 way switch, lightly touching a prong that it shouldnt. Open up the guitar, make sure all of the solder points arent touching others.

Old 2007-06-11, 04:57
4d5e6f
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by *insert name here*
99% sure it is a wire on the 5 way switch, lightly touching a prong that it shouldnt. Open up the guitar, make sure all of the solder points arent touching others.

It's a 3 way switch, not a 5 way. By "in between" I meant pulling the switch so that it's between the both and bridge setting. It isn't clicking into any setting, it kind of just floats there.