MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Drums Zone

Old 2007-05-26, 00:38
TrashWolf
New Blood

Might be getting another kit, suggestions please.

Hi.
I was thinking of getting another kit.
The kit I'm looking for should be something like an 7-8 piece kit, double bass. And, since I allready have kits from before, I'm really thinking about the price. I'm looking for something kinda cheap. Not cheap as in like 20$ but cheap for a kit at that size. Now I don't really need überexpencive rainforest woodshells put together by trained children from Africa, I just want another set. Also, I'm probably gonna use a lot of money on my home studio in the upcoming months, so that's one of the reasons that I can't spend to much money.

The set does not have be new, I can buy a used one, too.

Yes, I've looked at many kits (expecially the Joey Jordison Limited Edition Export Kit (no, I'm NOT saying I love Slipknot, but it's a nice kit)), but I just want to hear what you have to suggest.

Antichristus Spiritualis.
Antichristur Spiritualis.

Last edited by TrashWolf : 2007-05-26 at 00:42.

Old 2007-05-26, 15:00
sixsicsix
6 lvl 80's sucka.

the JJ kit is extremely overrated.
Just get a mapex 7 piece.
And the whole double bass drum thing is just for show anymore with modern double pedal technology

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/prod...-Tom?sku=449727

http://hosting01.hotchyx.com/adult-...pad_and_pat.jpg

Old 2007-05-26, 16:54
TrashWolf
New Blood

Yeah, I know how they charge a couple of hundred bucks just for the res heads, but other than that I still think it looks nice.

The Mapex kit seems nice, though. Got a Mapex 5 piece set were my band rehearse, some solid stuff, I gotta say.

Antichristus Spiritualis.
Antichristur Spiritualis.

Old 2007-06-01, 02:34
The Execrator
Noob lud

I'm currently using a 7 piece Pearl Export double bass kit and it kicks ass. You can get it on Musicians Friend for i think $999. The JJ set is pretty much the same thing but with an extra tom and other gay shit. I'd check out the 7 piece export set they've got on Musicians Friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.

Old 2007-06-05, 22:50
tripton
New Blood

i agree that getting 2 kick drums is just for show. If you are looking to save money, start there, and get a single kick drum with a double pedal.

Yamaha and Pacific Drums make good stuff on the lower end of the spectrum. Personally, i like those products over Pearl. I can't stand the tone of the cheaper Pearl sets, but that is just me

don't forget to pay LOTS of attention to the size of the drums you are buying... for metal style, you are going to want deeper, bigger shells

i would advise you to buy used equipment-- I would ALWAYS rather buy a better SOUNDING and better QUALITY used kit over a new kit that doesn't sound as good. If you can get a 1300 dollar kit for 800, it will sound A HELL OF A LOT BETTER than a 800 dollar brand new kit.

Also, any "artist signature" piece of equipment is just marked up so they can charge you more for the same thing in a different color.

Sound quality is what will make you happy at the end of the day. Buy used so you can upgrade to better tonal quality.