MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Gear & Recording

Old 2007-04-27, 20:51
Jon Bon
New Blood

Switching Between 2 Heads

Hey guys... I'm wanting to run my guitar through 2 heads. One for distortion and a bunch of rack gear and another head for basic clean tones. I know this can be done using a selector pedal, but I was wondering if I could run both of those heads into 1(the same) cabinet? I want to do this without sacrificing the cabinet's output of the signals so if anyone knows if this can be done and what a good amp selector pedal is then please help me out... Thanks

Old 2007-04-28, 03:08
Grindchord
New Blood

You can do that with this unit:

http://www.tonebone.com/tb-headbone-vt.htm

There are two ther versions as well: one for solid-state amps and one for tube/solid-state amps. Only pedal I know of that does this exact function. Not cheap though! Your only other option is running another cab for the rack stuff, or using a combo amp for cleans, like a Roland JC-120 which is pretty much the greatest amp for cleans, besides maybe Fenders. Both scenarios require an a/b switch box.

*White '76 RI Explorer
*Blue Ibanez RG520QS
*BYOC overdive, chorus
*MXR Phase 90, Blue Box
*SD Pickup Booster
*EB JR volume
*Marshall JCM800 2210 head
*Marshall JCM800 4x12 cab w/Vintage 30's
*Line 6 Spider II 30 1x12 practice amp

Old 2007-05-01, 23:27
the_bleeding
Post-whore

uh... get a stereo cabinet. Get an a/b box. If you rewire it in X formation, nobody will notice a difference in tone.
I was very bemused as a youngster watching the Golden Girls when Blanche said she was going to "spank her fanny" I had visions of a geriatric vertical bacon sandwich red and bruised from being disciplined!!!