MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Music Theory

Old 2007-04-23, 22:33
Sic_Fitzravia
Metalhead

How do you do # Arpeggio?

Sorry for being a noob but i have a question regarding arpeggios.Lets say that i have D#minor,Aminor,E. i wonder how the arpeggio for D#minor would be..is it by sharping the arpeggio pattern like u shift chords to the right? if possible provide some arpeggio licks that can be done in this progression.Thanks

Old 2007-04-23, 23:52
Vittu0666
New Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sic_Fitzravia
Sorry for being a noob but i have a question regarding arpeggios.Lets say that i have D#minor,Aminor,E. i wonder how the arpeggio for D#minor would be..is it by sharping the arpeggio pattern like u shift chords to the right? if possible provide some arpeggio licks that can be done in this progression.Thanks

For the D# minor, you would play a D# arpeggio. Meaning, you would play the notes D# F# and A#. Now because it has a # in it, that doesn't mean all the notes are #. For example, C# minor is C# E G#.

Old 2007-04-24, 09:19
JonR
Metalhead

Quote:
Sorry for being a noob but i have a question regarding arpeggios.Lets say that i have D#minor,Aminor,E. i wonder how the arpeggio for D#minor would be..is it by sharping the arpeggio pattern like u shift chords to the right?
In a sense, yes, you can take any Dm arpeggio and shift it one fret up. Or an Em arpeggio and shift it one fret down.
Quote:
if possible provide some arpeggio licks that can be done in this progression.Thanks
Well it depends how long the chords last for and how many notes you want to play per chord. Here's a simple set of licks for all 3 chords (4 notes per chord):
Code:
D#m Am E --6-------------5-4-------|---------------------- ----7---------5-----5-----|----------------------- ------8-----5---------4---|----------------------- --------8-7-------------6-|----------------------- --------------------------|-------------------- --------------------------|-------------------
(Always a good idea to find neat ways of moving from one arpeggio to the next, if you can. In the above I've got a half-step between the last note of one chord and the first of the next.)

Old 2007-04-24, 22:54
Sic_Fitzravia
Metalhead

thanks for the explanation but i think im looking for something specific..my bad actually for not giving the details.

Code:
--1-------------- ----3------------ ------2---------- --------3-------- ----------5------ ----------------- -----------------

above is what i think is one of dminor arpeggio.would it be the same by shifting it to the right for D*minor?

Old 2007-04-25, 07:24
JonR
Metalhead

If by "right" you mean up one fret (for D#m), then yes. (A left-handed guitarist would shift it to the left )

Old 2007-04-25, 13:30
Sic_Fitzravia
Metalhead

Thanks a bunch!

Old 2007-04-25, 14:20
robbcorpse
New Blood

I just wanted to say that JonR's post (his first in this thread) was really beneficial and clear. I realize it didn't meat the OPs request but it definitely gave me some neat ideas from that simple posted tab of the Arps.