MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Gear & Recording

Old 2007-04-05, 14:32
Soeru
Post-whore

Dimarzio Evolution + PAF Pro?

I was originally going to install a dimarzio tonezone with a PAF pro in my EMG equipped guitar, but I've recently thought of putting the Tonezone in my Charvel H-S config guitar as the tonezone blends in better with single coils as it has a tad less output, and getting a higher output pickup like the evo with the PAF pro in my other guitar.

I'm just looking for uber tight rythm sounds, a piercing sound and lots of clarity, just perfect bass and highs, but not excessive output like the Invader or X2N. Some lead would be done on the bridge pickup too.

Output wise, I think they complement each other well. Anyone here run these 2 pickups in the same guitar, and what can you comment on em?

I was gonna put an X2N in it originally(I have one laying around), but I don't like the look of it and I'm not looking for something THAT hot, an Evo should do fine for me. I hear the evo is extremely clear and bright, cuts through mixes extremely well, so I think I may very well get that one for my Ironbird and use the darker sounding tonezone in my Charvel.

On a side note the 2 humbucker guitar is a bolt on, the Charvel is a neckthru. The Charvel doesn't sound dark at all so mud won't be an issue. They're both rosewood fretboard guitars.

(Did you know In Flames had a 2005 album called "Come Clarity"? How prophetic. I think they're trying to tell us all their sperm are dead.)

Old 2007-04-05, 15:09
davie_gravy
Metal As Fuck!

Can't comment on that configuration. I run a X2N/PAF Pro combo... can't complain though.

BuildTheMusic.com is your #1 FREE online guitar resource center.