Old 2007-03-02, 09:48
The Doctor
Denimwearinghillbilly
Forum Leader

Diskreet - Infernal Rise (Mini-CD)

Diskreet - Infernal Rise (Mini-CD)
Suburban

file under Death metal

Menno: To be honest, Diskreet is nothing more than the next product of the immensely popular form of freaky deathmetal/metal core from America. With their five track (plus two bonus songs) EP 'Infernal Rise' they enlist themselves amongst bands like Despised Icon, The Red Chord and Ion Dissonance.

The band seems to be ready for the breakthrough and they know how to present themselves. This isn't very strange if you take in consideration they are supported by Suburband records in Europe. After the release of this very capable EP they are sent on a big European tour with Misery Index and Necrophagist (013 Tilburg, March 12th), after which the doors to success inevitably will open in their native country America. The music doesn't meet my taste (too modern) but fans of the deathmetal/metalcore genre really should check this out. The wellknown European critics all are very positive and I think they really deserved it.

Rating: 75/100 (details)

http://www.myspace.com/diskreet

Old 2007-07-01, 03:41
Arsis
Supreme Metalhead

I saw this band around last christmas these are the guys that got me into to death metal (sure i listened to dying fetus and necrophagist) but these guys opened up more doors. seeing them live was incredable maybe even more better becouse the rest of the bands were a bunch of grindcore with less grind and more core.

but i dont see how you wold call these guys any kind of core at all.

Old 2008-12-20, 17:01
GenericMusicListener
New Blood

I Agree with the second point arsis made... i listened to the first 4 seconds of each song they're not doing anything for me.

Old 2009-01-07, 00:24
Arsis
Supreme Metalhead

I take that last post back now that i think about it a year later lol.