MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Guitar Zone

Old 2007-02-17, 22:46
Zombietime
Senior Metalhead

Anyone own an older Hamer guitar?

I have a USA made Chaparral 6-string. Typical super strat made in the late 80s. I'm looking to get a new body for it but i'm not sure if the necks are a standard size or something. Anyone know offhand before I take the thing apart and measure it?

Old 2007-02-18, 00:06
Dyvim Tvar
Supreme Metalhead

I have a Hamer Slammer series Diablo I bought about a month ago, no idea about the sizes though, i'm not familiar with them, though mine is sweet as fuck. I'd imagine they are standardised, wouldn't be much sense in them not being!

Take her from behind, then pretend like you're gonna cum, retract and spit on her back.
Then when she turns around blow your load in her face

Last edited by Dyvim Tvar : 2007-02-18 at 00:08.

Old 2007-02-18, 01:25
Zombietime
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyvim Tvar
I have a Hamer Slammer series Diablo I bought about a month ago, no idea about the sizes though, i'm not familiar with them, though mine is sweet as fuck. I'd imagine they are standardised, wouldn't be much sense in them not being!

In the late 90s I really wanted a Hamer Californian. All black with the reverse boomerang inlays. Awesome guitar. This older Hamer is also really nice, just needs some tlc.

Old 2007-02-18, 01:35
Dyvim Tvar
Supreme Metalhead

Mine is early 90's afaik, fucking beautiful! The neck is so awesome! I got it second hand, came with an EMG-81, sounds brilliant but i'm getting rid of that, gonna get Bare Knuckles or DiMarzio pups instead, gonna pimp it out with an original floyd amongst other things, maybe a gold ring for our impromtu marrige!

Take her from behind, then pretend like you're gonna cum, retract and spit on her back.
Then when she turns around blow your load in her face

Old 2007-02-18, 03:43
Mortal_Lament
Senior Metalhead

I have a hamer californian. Im using the stock hamer pickups, i dont really see anything wrong with them, but, i may replace them eventually when i get the dough. I replaced the bridge, which was tricky because apparently the neck was smaller then standard, you may want to look in that
Rocktron Xpression Rack mount
Rocktron Gainiac Rack Mount

Old 2007-02-18, 20:15
davie_gravy
Metal As Fuck!

I'm not sure what year mine is it's a Slammer CT-40 strat body style.

BuildTheMusic.com is your #1 FREE online guitar resource center.

Old 2007-02-19, 08:18
Zombietime
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal_Lament
I have a hamer californian. Im using the stock hamer pickups, i dont really see anything wrong with them, but, i may replace them eventually when i get the dough. I replaced the bridge, which was tricky because apparently the neck was smaller then standard, you may want to look in that

Yah i'm researching it now before I do anything drastic. Mine has a bolt on neck though. Is yours a setneck or neckthru? The guitar was pink originally so I stripped it down years ago and put a dark stain on it and clear coated it. It really needs another paintjob. Nice guitar though, original floyd rose, scalloped frets from the 12th up and I just put in a dimarzio x2n.