MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Gear & Recording

Old 2007-02-02, 23:06
jmac56777
New Blood

Can your CAB Handle it?

Guys i've tried lots of cabs before and I cant seem to find a good cab that can handle PALM MUTIING! Please Tell me what cab you use and why you like it soo much! P.S. I have a Marshall Jcm 200 dual super lead head/ Hughes & kettner Switchblade Head----What would be a good cab?

Old 2007-02-02, 23:37
ThornsOfHeaven200
Supreme Metalhead

I use a Randall RS412XLT cab (with Celestion V30s) and the palm mutes on it are good. Any cab with decent speakers should be able to handle palm mutes. Maybe its not your cab, it could be the EQ on your amp. Try turning down the bass and adjusting the rest of the EQ accordingly, then use the master volume and gain to control the loudness.

Old 2007-02-03, 00:03
xdislexicx
TEH PWNZOR!!!1qa
Alumni Staff

what guitar are you using? what pickups?

Old 2007-02-03, 04:06
jmac56777
New Blood

I am using a carvin guitar w/ 2 carvin C22N-2 pickups

Old 2007-02-03, 08:24
gorath23
Senior Metalhead

I'm not sure what cabs you've been using but I would say that its more likely your settings are wrong. Also what gauge strings are you using? How loud are playing the heads? Because if they are 100w and you are playing them at bedroom level then yes the palm mutes are going to sound crap. Providing they are closed back and have a set of decent speakers in, you're set. I might as well mention Avatar cabs as they will custom build you a cabinet w/speakers at a really decent price. www.avatarspeakers.com.

Old 2007-02-03, 10:10
Soeru
Post-whore

Bogner Uberkab.

(Did you know In Flames had a 2005 album called "Come Clarity"? How prophetic. I think they're trying to tell us all their sperm are dead.)

Old 2007-02-04, 00:30
PUngency
Senior Metalhead

Peavey, RAGE 158 SUCKA!

Old 2007-02-04, 01:04
NuMustDie
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soeru
Bogner Uberkab.

Yip, it can handle as much bass as you can throw at it, more even than a rectocab, costly though...so very costly

DEATH'SRIG

Old 2007-02-04, 07:05
Soeru
Post-whore

VHT Fatbottom too.

(Did you know In Flames had a 2005 album called "Come Clarity"? How prophetic. I think they're trying to tell us all their sperm are dead.)

Old 2007-02-04, 07:45
the_bleeding
Post-whore

i highly doubt its the cab. Sounds more like pickups/strings/settings.
I was very bemused as a youngster watching the Golden Girls when Blanche said she was going to "spank her fanny" I had visions of a geriatric vertical bacon sandwich red and bruised from being disciplined!!!

Old 2007-02-04, 12:20
gorath23
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bleeding
i highly doubt its the cab. Sounds more like pickups/strings/settings.

+1

Although I have heard that certain cheaper cabs have really bad bass response, i.e. Marshall 1922 and shit like Behringer cabs etc.

Old 2007-02-04, 15:18
Jopop
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorath23
+1

Although I have heard that certain cheaper cabs have really bad bass response, i.e. Marshall 1922 and shit like Behringer cabs etc.

Yes, sometimes they "cheat" on sealing it - it takes about half an hour to apply silicone cauling to every courner and joint and i guess it's just too long for those guys.. plus, they don't stuff them like the expensive ones, i opened a marshall 1936 once and found a tiny patch of insulation on the back.. it should be at least 2" thick and cover every wall but the front one to prevent ass-sound.

Old 2007-02-04, 18:33
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jopop
Yes, sometimes they "cheat" on sealing it - it takes about half an hour to apply silicone cauling to every courner and joint and i guess it's just too long for those guys.. plus, they don't stuff them like the expensive ones, i opened a marshall 1936 once and found a tiny patch of insulation on the back.. it should be at least 2" thick and cover every wall but the front one to prevent ass-sound.

And some cabs that you wouldn't think to be decient actually are. I'm slightly but surely being convinced that this random cab i bought on ebay like 3 years ago for 80 bucks is BETTER than the Celestion loaded one that i have now. Especially as it relates to bass response. The other cab just has intense and great bass coming from it, and actually sounds alot less "covered up" like this celestion one does.
...Its very annoying to keep having to hear some socially-disabled teen come on these boards talking about all the drugs he's started doing so that he can maybe grasp onto some kind of positive response so he feels better about himself and what he's doing.
About requiem. Aint it the truth...

Old 2007-02-07, 07:46
rapeandruin
Post-whore

Avatar 412 with Vintage 30s and GT-75s in an x pattern...works well for me...