MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Vocal Zone

Old 2007-01-15, 17:13
Rallister
New Blood

Pig Squeal

urggh iv been trying to Pig squeal for ages now but I cant do it :/

trying to the 'reet' noise, but not sure on the technique. Using the diagram to breathe but then what? Do I have emulate it with my throat muscles? otherwise i cant make any sort of noise lol and when I do its well dry and hoarse like an old man...

such a stich, any help wud b appreciated! cheers

Old 2007-01-15, 17:15
The Doctor
Denimwearinghillbilly
Forum Leader

some people just cant do it. My brother for example, has a very hostile pig squeel, and i know how he does it and how it should be done, i just cant get it out. it hurts my throat and it sounds like a baloon going empty.

accept

Old 2007-01-15, 17:19
Rallister
New Blood

thanks I hope not pig squeals r awse, could the fact that iv got a throat cold be causing any problems?

Old 2007-01-15, 17:20
CannibalXampire
Post-whore

I still dont know if Im doing the diaphragm right I kinda suck my stomach area in and up, not sure if Im gettin the diaphragm or not though

Old 2007-01-15, 17:32
Rallister
New Blood

yeh thats another thing with me, i have no idea if im doing it correctly.

I assumed everyone can do it because our anatomy is very similar to a pigs but i dunno.

Need to know the tech behind it!

Old 2007-01-15, 19:12
ZRO
Senior Metalhead

Try inhale vocals to do it.

Old 2007-01-15, 21:04
Rallister
New Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZRO
Try inhale vocals to do it.

whats the tech for that? thts were im stuck, i can sorta do it but only by using throat muscles.

cheers

Old 2007-01-17, 18:42
ilya GRINDCORE
New Blood

yea bro basically some people can and some people cant do it..
i mean i can do it actually pretty well..
and basically iv never practice doing it before i just listen to job for a cowboy, and other grindcore type shit..if you really want look into some crazy ass grindcore shit, i can almost promise you you will hear it in that stuff. also a good recommendation is to listen to waking the cadavier..there fucking amazing man..and hes great at pig squeels.
you have to just keep fucking with you voice and shit and im sure you'll get it..thats what i did and my band is actually pretty well know for that stuff

Old 2007-01-17, 18:48
ilya GRINDCORE
New Blood

also like someone just said before inhaling works pretty good with doing pig squeels..but you have to be able to contorl your lungs and shit because if you dont practice inhaling and you go do a show or something and your not used to it, it could be deadly and just fucking wear you out..id know because when i first starting doing that shit id do it at practices and shit but come the show normally you get more worked up at shows and you will just become out of breath..but thats just me because when i do shows and shit i fucking go crazy haha..
but yea your best bet is to practice inhailing and practice working with your lungs..that or just continue to find what your comfortable doing inhale or exhale

Old 2007-02-07, 01:28
JOAMdude
Post-whore

Phlegeton

Old 2007-02-07, 02:46
drawn&quartered
Too _____, wouldn't fuck

when my vocalist does it, he puts his chin down so its touching his neck and tightens way up. He also does this exhaling.

Maybe that helps.

NEGROGENESIS

Old 2007-02-07, 12:28
belphegor79
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilya GRINDCORE
yea bro basically some people can and some people cant do it..
i mean i can do it actually pretty well..
and basically iv never practice doing it before i just listen to job for a cowboy, and other grindcore type shit..if you really want look into some crazy ass grindcore shit, i can almost promise you you will hear it in that stuff. also a good recommendation is to listen to waking the cadavier..there fucking amazing man..and hes great at pig squeels.
you have to just keep fucking with you voice and shit and im sure you'll get it..thats what i did and my band is actually pretty well know for that stuff

Who do you sing for, man?

Old 2007-02-08, 03:53
crustcorestenchhead9
Metalhead

dont think about using you diaphram or all that other shit its not that complicated. to get the feel of what your trying to do inhale and talk at the same time. its pretty easy and thats only way to explain it inhale and talk. once you can do that just just keep a steady note and inhale. to get the best squeel i bite my teeth together and smile and bring the vibrating of it to the top of my throat. ussually you would automaticly do it at the top but if you go lower it will be a lower tone. if you cant do it just do the inhale and talk thing and expiriment with your adams aple and and shape of your mouth.
iv been doing this thing since 2nd grade making annoying sounds as a kid you know and id also teach my friend cuz they would think its cool so dont think of it being complicated. and you can do reall cool sounding oinks ones you get the feel just say oink and inhale. and with this theres no such thing as its not possible for somebody to do it anybody can.

Old 2007-02-08, 06:36
belphegor79
Supreme Metalhead

Everytime I try that I just about choke to death. There goes my career as a death metal vocalist.

Old 2007-02-08, 22:18
XBREEBREEX
New Blood

Ive been trying to pig squeal for ages
just can't get it
i can growl like no other
but no pig vocals =[

Old 2007-03-03, 20:04
DBSE
New Blood

I have found the magical secret that lies within' pig squeals.

Go to the forests of the broodwich and there you will meet an evil sorcerer by the name of Hank. If you bring him the blood of a Cuban baby he will transform you into a Pigorilla. Granting you the stupid powers of pig squeals and gutturals.

Good luck. And watch out for the Cysquatch.

Old 2007-03-04, 00:16
HAMMERSMASHEDFACE
Senior Metalhead

what bands actually uses pig squealls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity
He's calling you a faggot piece of shit because you are young and unintelligent, and most of all, you are a boring, stereotyopical, close minded metal head. Please don't pretend to understand anything PST says. Please leave the forum now.

Old 2007-03-08, 09:48
I <3 SANDWICH
Metalhead

I think my mates band do pretty cool pig vocals, gonna get him to feature on our EP as I'd love to hear my low growls alongside his squeals...

I think the myspace link is www.myspace.com/trenchheaduk

I can't check to see myself as I get a stupid firewall coming up when I try to access Myspace

Oink oink !