MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Vocal Zone

Old 2007-01-07, 00:41
Vincent
New Blood

Non Guttural Death Metal/Black Metal Vocals

OK Thanks for reading, I'm writing this because i like to scream but i need to learn some different growls and screams.

I can scream gutturals (inwards scream) -low and mid high- and make pig noises as much as I want, But I cant get those high pitched shriek vocals ''a la'' black dahlia murder. And I'm not able to do the low growls like nile unless i'm making gutturals. when i try to scream normaly (air going out) I cant get too low or too high because after a sec it hurts.
Any advices?

Old 2007-01-08, 14:50
powersofterror
I am a tax on the world..
Forum Leader

You're scream can't go low because you aren't old enough.
Man, I get real sweaty after I wack my dong. Yeah, cause I headbang while I do, and I can't really "Jump" (haha ) like VanHalen in a dorm room, so I just walk back and forth....haha a couple days ago I was jumping up and down on my bed, with my pants down and my roommate came in when I wasn't looking, hahaha.

This is my band's page
http://www.myspace.com/ferocitydentontx

Old 2007-01-09, 16:33
Requiem
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by powersofterror

Thats just stupid, I can do what he is talking about.

Old 2007-01-09, 20:17
BOB_ZE_METALLEU
the siamese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent
OK Thanks for reading, I'm writing this because i like to scream but i need to learn some different growls and screams.

I can scream gutturals (inwards scream) -low and mid high- and make pig noises as much as I want, But I cant get those high pitched shriek vocals ''a la'' black dahlia murder. And I'm not able to do the low growls like nile unless i'm making gutturals. when i try to scream normaly (air going out) I cant get too low or too high because after a sec it hurts.
Any advices?

tu parle francais nest-ce pas?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassbehemoth
Sick. It's an overly sugared and overly carbonated vagina drink.

Old 2007-01-11, 06:48
Cassius
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by powersofterror

That's just stupid. He's the same age as me and I can growl just fine.

Old 2007-01-12, 23:48
Vincent
New Blood

yeah i speak french and second:
my voice is really low and pretty big so i dont have any problems bout that

Old 2007-01-13, 03:32
sixsicsix
6 lvl 80's sucka.

if you cant do it then dont.
we really dont need any more job for a cowboy/black dahlia wannabees
trust me the shit gets fucking old.

http://hosting01.hotchyx.com/adult-...pad_and_pat.jpg

Old 2007-01-13, 04:14
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent

Any advices?

Takes a shit load of fucking practicing to build up to it. Alot of transformation to get to particular types of vocals and being alright at doing it. Also if your not using your diaphram it'll always hurt and blow out your vocals.
...Its very annoying to keep having to hear some socially-disabled teen come on these boards talking about all the drugs he's started doing so that he can maybe grasp onto some kind of positive response so he feels better about himself and what he's doing.
About requiem. Aint it the truth...

Old 2007-01-14, 20:57
Vincent
New Blood

haha first of all i'm not a wannabe and these bands are not my favs, they just have vocals that are easy to explain. trust me im not some kind of emo faggot discovering death metal with job for a cowboy

Old 2007-01-15, 02:31
7-string warlord
Post-whore

My advice would be to just keep on and on and on with your practicing. Age can't be a problem, I'm two years younger than you and I can do it fine, plus my normal talking voice isn't very low, so just keep fuckin' around with it.

Old 2007-01-16, 16:52
Vincent
New Blood

thanx!

Old 2007-01-17, 20:05
powersofterror
I am a tax on the world..
Forum Leader

Cassius and Requiem........You both better post up some vids or tracks of your vocals with good quality to back that shit up.
Man, I get real sweaty after I wack my dong. Yeah, cause I headbang while I do, and I can't really "Jump" (haha ) like VanHalen in a dorm room, so I just walk back and forth....haha a couple days ago I was jumping up and down on my bed, with my pants down and my roommate came in when I wasn't looking, hahaha.

This is my band's page
http://www.myspace.com/ferocitydentontx

Old 2007-01-19, 22:33
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7-string warlord
My advice would be to just keep on and on and on with your practicing. Age can't be a problem, I'm two years younger than you and I can do it fine, plus my normal talking voice isn't very low, so just keep fuckin' around with it.

Thats actually a decient point. Neither do I as far as low voices go. Although i do have a varied range of freqs for my voice. Probably in the mid to mid high range i suppose.

I think all of this really just is exercising those vocal muscles to do what you want.

Actually just now i've been listening to my recordings form when i first started recording my own metal and till now and the vocal differnce is literally night and day. I couldn't distort or get any kind of quality out of my voice back in the day ,and steadily it has progressed to what it is today.
...Its very annoying to keep having to hear some socially-disabled teen come on these boards talking about all the drugs he's started doing so that he can maybe grasp onto some kind of positive response so he feels better about himself and what he's doing.

Old 2007-01-22, 14:27
I Am No One
New Blood

How to get smooth growling without a whistling or alike?

Hello everybody. I'm 21 years old and I've been growling for about a year and a half. My vocals can be more or less deep but I haven't achieved smooth, non-roaring growling yet. You can listen to some of my staff there: http://myworkbase.narod.ru/compilation.mp3 (Just a few words in Russian without any sense)
http://myworkbase.narod.ru/rattle.mp3 (Some growling in English (after Deicide) with my favourite cut with screaming)
http://myworkbase.narod.ru/valley_of_the_doomed.mp3 My own words and non-perfect music.
I would like to find out whether there are any lapses and how should I finally achieve proper growling.
Thank you.

Old 2007-01-24, 15:58
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

I started listening to the first one (what little bit i could download, its from a server in russia for god sakes)

It sounded decient i guess. Its hard to judge vocals without instrumentation around it to be honest. (i feel)