MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Gear & Recording

Old 2006-12-28, 13:00
underaserpentsun
Senior Metalhead

Dissection - Rebirth of Dissection DVD

What equipment did Jon and Set use?(amp, pedals) Also what setup did Jon use in the Starless Aeon video? He's using a different guitar but is everything else the same? What EMG's are in that Gibson V? I find it strange he put EMG's in it as everyone here seems to say that active pickups aren't a good choice in quality guitars like that. Anyways, I really like both the lead and clean tones there. Thanks for any info.

Old 2006-12-30, 09:11
crayadas
New Blood

Im asking the same question dood. I think he uses some kind of marshall jcm series amp 900's 2000s i dunno. and he uses that sweet gibson les paul custom man i want one. Also about the flying V in that video maybe he now just uses that guitar as a show guitar, but man what a sweet tone he gets with those I think also in the dissection dvd they tune to D standard. in all of their earlier work they tune to E standard. Dont know why? maybe because of the new album.

Old 2006-12-30, 09:44
underaserpentsun
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by crayadas
Im asking the same question dood. I think he uses some kind of marshall jcm series amp 900's 2000s i dunno. and he uses that sweet gibson les paul custom man i want one. Also about the flying V in that video maybe he now just uses that guitar as a show guitar, but man what a sweet tone he gets with those I think also in the dissection dvd they tune to D standard. in all of their earlier work they tune to E standard. Dont know why? maybe because of the new album.

Thanks but I know the things you mentioned. I just want to know which marshall and which pedals they used if anyone knows. Maybe the sound engineer and DVD people did some magic to make the guitar sound so good. The Dissection tone was never that good before.

Don't know what you mean by "maybe he now just uses that guitar as a show guitar". You know Jon committed suicide right? Anyways, the V is the same guitar he used back in the day at most Dissection shows.

Last edited by underaserpentsun : 2006-12-30 at 09:52.

Old 2006-12-30, 17:12
crayadas
New Blood

oh who doesnt know hes dead hehe, but i meant he probably used the flying v just for the video. and I never noticed he used emgs on older videos before his jail time. Do u know about any dissection forums that are up?

Old 2007-01-04, 18:33
underaserpentsun
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by crayadas
oh who doesnt know hes dead hehe, but i meant he probably used the flying v just for the video. and I never noticed he used emgs on older videos before his jail time. Do u know about any dissection forums that are up?

I think that's the same Gibson V he used before his imprisonment although he used the stock pickups then as far as I'm aware of. According to the pics on the main Disection website, he played the Gibson V again in the Hovet, Stockholm show on 24 Jun 2006. Further observation reveals an Engl head so maybe thats what they used to record Starless Aeon and the rest of Reinkaos. Anyone know what model Engl it is?

As a side question, has anyone seen a vid of the Hovet show?