MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Vocal Zone

Old 2006-12-23, 21:35
Tragic Falls
New Blood

I have a question please answer.

Im in a band but we dont have a lead singer and our guy that wants to sing sucks ass and he thinks that the reason why other singers are so good is because thats not there real voice like if there is a distortion pedal making their voice sound like that is that true and if so would it be a good idea to use that for his voice? thanks

Old 2006-12-23, 21:48
powersofterror
I am a tax on the world..
Forum Leader

Go search. I can think of three or so threads that will answer this already.
Man, I get real sweaty after I wack my dong. Yeah, cause I headbang while I do, and I can't really "Jump" (haha ) like VanHalen in a dorm room, so I just walk back and forth....haha a couple days ago I was jumping up and down on my bed, with my pants down and my roommate came in when I wasn't looking, hahaha.

This is my band's page
http://www.myspace.com/ferocitydentontx

Old 2006-12-23, 22:44
Valtiel
Supreme Metalhead

But in case you cant, no, they dont use distortion pedals, your friend is trying to justify the fact that he probably cant sing his way out a paper bag.
"So often our hands get caught up in ruts of muscle memory. 'Muscle memory' is an accurate term. We get used to doing certain things, without even being aware of them. This ultimately not only shapes and therefore limits our technique, it also shapes what we compose, what we write. We end up thinking still unknowingly trapped in that box." -Adam Nitti

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bleeding
buy a stick of graphite (art stores) and rub it into your nut

Old 2006-12-24, 00:19
XxSiC-AnarchistxX
New Blood

some do, others don't.. what kind of vocals is he trying to do? perhaps you could direct him here and he could learn?

Like cigarettes and gasoline
I light a match and watch this scene
Burn away in front of me
Ashes of my misery

Old 2006-12-24, 15:56
drawn&quartered
Too _____, wouldn't fuck

I wouldn't use any effects for vocals... thats just kinda low. If hes new at it he will just have to practice. and um... getting his voice on key might be a good idea also.

NEGROGENESIS

Old 2006-12-24, 16:34
JOAMdude
Post-whore

i would use effects for vox, just not distrotion, a chorus or a flanger sounds really cool

Old 2006-12-24, 19:20
the_bleeding
Post-whore

effects i like on v0killz
- distortion (my throat dries up real fast and i lose my grit) --> lamb of god and satyricon use it
- stereo chorus, with enough speakers, you can make it sound like your voice is circling the room.
- flanger, straight up fuckin cool

but if you're doing clean vocals, nothing is going to make you sound better except one of those studio live tuners which you set the key of the song, and it will shift the pitch of your voice so when you miss a note it corrects it for you
I was very bemused as a youngster watching the Golden Girls when Blanche said she was going to "spank her fanny" I had visions of a geriatric vertical bacon sandwich red and bruised from being disciplined!!!