MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Drums Zone

Old 2006-10-06, 13:59
Blood_reich
New Blood

help with drum machines

i need some serious help selecting a drum machine to jam and write songs with. does anyone have experience with this? the unit has to be somewhat small, and have a self contained speaker in it, so i dont have to connect it to a speaker system or wear headphones. i write a lot of death metal so i would like to avoid cheesy sounding samples. im sure i will write most of the sections step by step so preprogrammed beats arent really a plus for me. any help or experience would be appreciated. thanks.

bludgery

Old 2006-10-09, 09:37
brainsforbreakfast
El Diablo sin pantalones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood_reich
i need some serious help selecting a drum machine to jam and write songs with. does anyone have experience with this? the unit has to be somewhat small, and have a self contained speaker in it, so i dont have to connect it to a speaker system or wear headphones. i write a lot of death metal so i would like to avoid cheesy sounding samples. im sure i will write most of the sections step by step so preprogrammed beats arent really a plus for me. any help or experience would be appreciated. thanks.

bludgery

Does it have to be hardware? because that way, you'll either have to get something cheap and bad, or something big and bulky and expensive.

Myself, I have a laptop with FL studio and lot's of samples. If you don't already, I reckomend you try it first that way.
Originally Posted by Requiem
Why would you sig that?
Why not? Why would you sig me saying that I hate you? I was serious there, too.

I'm in despair! The internet has left me in despair!

Old 2006-10-10, 19:50
TangledMortalCoil
Senior Metalhead

Yeah like he said, try it first with software. If you try FruityLoops, you will need to find some better "real drum" samples to add to it.. preferrably in wav format. If you try Acoustica Beatcraft, it comes with pretty good ones already.

Old 2006-10-10, 20:36
Robbie Filth
The Man Who Is, MGI.

Leafdrums is a good program to use.