MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > Chit Chat

Old 2006-10-04, 11:50
far_beyond_sane
You gamma-minus fucktards
Forum Leader

American politics is a cesspool.

I am of course referring to this enormous web of pedophile-related detritus that had descended from the skies to skullfuck the American political landscape.

What happens:

A while ago, a Congressman sends some fairly low-powered sexual innuendo to some male Congressional pages.

Things that intensify the above fact powerfully:

* The Congressman in question is the head of one of the more florid of the American "SAVE TEH CHILDRENZ AT ALL COSTS OMG!!!11" committees which writes badly convoluted laws about protecting children, and there are tonnes of newscasts available about him railing about pedophilia and child abuse. Hypocrisy makes great TV.

* The Congressional leadership knew about this anywhere from one to five years ago and did bollocks all. Some reports have as much as ten years of whispers that the guy was in the habit of standing a little too close and smiling a little too hard. Even so, they've all fallen over themselves fucking up trying to get away from this or to deny they've ever heard of it.

* After the scandal breaks, the Congressman 1) admits to being gay, 2) claims to be abused by a priest as a child 3) checks into booze rehab even though people that know him find that completely bullshitty.

* Congressional mid-term elections are in five weeks.

My thoughts:

+ Watching the far right crucify a Republican is quite a strange experience. Look at these fucking faggots try to outdo each other going ballistic, for example. It's nice to know the medieval Jesus-pigs persecute all fags equally, and that every now and then they'll have cause to burn one of the GOP.

+ Americans are incredibly fucked up about the sexuality of children. All the fags I know were out soliciting at 16. In fact, it isn't even below the age of consent. So it might turn out that this whole moralistic furore is over something that is entirely legal and constitutes nothing more than rainbow-flavoured sexual harassment. At the very least, it is surely not a nine-million-news-items-worthy story

+ Fox News 'accidentally' listed the Congressman in question as a Democrat during a telecast. That's either massively negligent or a supremely shitty thing to do... I mean, I know they're a gang of absolute shitfucks but that really is scraping the bottom of the shitfuck barrel.

+ This ridiculous blizzard of fag-flavoured moralist blancmange could very well tip the balance of power in America, and all over a little soliciting. Is life too fucking weird or what?

"It was some kind of evolutionary glitch, she figured; no different than the other unreasonable side effects of consciousness and emotion, like religion and rap music."

Old 2006-10-04, 13:37
Blood Red Bass
Post-whore

That's right, it is in the news every 10 minutes. My favorite part of teh whole story is 1) Having this big ass scandal happen, in conjunction with Mr. Bush's sagging popularity rates, is like giving the democrats a few rocket launchers and a few credit card numbers. They could really do some damage.

My second favorite part of the story is that if he did indeed do something illegal (the boy was under 18 and Foley was well over it. He had to have done something against the law...) he could possibly be prosecuted under the same Act he was a key figure in making.

My least favourite part of the story is that for some reason I feel a stronger desire to become a congressional page now.

EDIT- HA. That artice in one of the links above that questions whether or not he is in rehab just gave his AOL IM screename.
Compare these people to the norm, say, Muhammed Suiçmez for instance who seems to think that lots of poorly strung together riffs spaced awkwardly around fancy monotonous sweeps covers up the fact that his ideas and songs are really quit boring.

Last edited by Blood Red Bass : 2006-10-04 at 13:40.

Old 2006-10-04, 13:44
powersofterror
I am a tax on the world..
Forum Leader

I've always dreamed that the Republican party will be disbanded and broken into more parties. And since there are only 2 fucking parties, there will be no one to save us from the Demos. Funny, that means "terror"....though there's no "i."
Man, I get real sweaty after I wack my dong. Yeah, cause I headbang while I do, and I can't really "Jump" (haha ) like VanHalen in a dorm room, so I just walk back and forth....haha a couple days ago I was jumping up and down on my bed, with my pants down and my roommate came in when I wasn't looking, hahaha.

This is my band's page
http://www.myspace.com/ferocitydentontx

Last edited by powersofterror : 2006-10-04 at 13:47.

Old 2006-10-04, 13:56
low-tech
Post-whore

im not suprised fox news did something like that

they'll probably have a segment with this as the title

Foley was actually a democrat?

Foley, the new face of neo-neo-liberalism?

as far as the elections, republicans still have all that shoddy, no paper trail, retarded electronic voting systems in place where they need them.

thier lying, cheating bastards are better than the dems lying,cheating bastards!!

Old 2006-10-04, 16:40
Ten Ton Alien
Post-whore

what a dumbass. if he want to bang kids, why not call Michael Jackson for advice?

Old 2006-10-04, 17:37
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

I hate the 2 parties so much that i have officially attempted to abstain myself completely from american politics.. and even world politics now. I just don't give a fuck anymore, because its apparent how worthless these systems are now anyways.
...Its very annoying to keep having to hear some socially-disabled teen come on these boards talking about all the drugs he's started doing so that he can maybe grasp onto some kind of positive response so he feels better about himself and what he's doing.
About requiem. Aint it the truth...

Old 2006-10-04, 18:01
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Worthless systems in reality have to be dealt with. It's a cop-out to say 'The system sucks' and walk away. Still, I do the same thing.

I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really don't care about this. They should just take him out back and shoot him and get back to their standard bullshit. The only irony I enjoy about this is that they're doing it at the exact same time that they're whining about how Clinton was too blindsided by scandal to deal with Al Qaeda. Solution? STOP GOING SHITFITS ABOUT THE PERSONAL LIVES OF POLITICIANS AND GET ON WITH THE POLITICING.

Australian politics is also a cesspool, snuggles.

Old 2006-10-04, 23:04
far_beyond_sane
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by PST 88
Australian politics is also a cesspool, snuggles.

Of course it is, my little pigsny. They all are. But if there was an International Cesspool Awards, it wouldn't even rate a mention against the might of the Yankee political beast.

In fact, you guys would clean up the Biggest Sinkhole, Largest Individual Turd and Least Artful Arrangement of Manure awards quick-smart.

We've got NOTHING on this shit.

"It was some kind of evolutionary glitch, she figured; no different than the other unreasonable side effects of consciousness and emotion, like religion and rap music."

Last edited by far_beyond_sane : 2006-10-04 at 23:27.

Old 2006-10-04, 23:42
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

It's not our fault you guys aren't as good as us at this. You were even given a head start by being founded by criminals (of course, it isn't a coincidence that criminals started being sent to Australia in earnest and in larger numbers starting in the late 1770s); it's your own fault you're no good.

Old 2006-10-05, 00:07
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Bombarded with bullshit like Foley and blasted with damn political commercials too! Makes ya wanna turn off the tv and read a good book or even a bad one.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!

Old 2006-10-05, 00:21
Ten Ton Alien
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by L,B'XXX
Makes ya wanna turn off the tv

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

don't even mention that again, you almost gave me a heart attack.

Old 2006-10-05, 01:02
Tulvox
Post-whore

Yeah American politics suck dick. We just passed a bill to allow torture of war prisoners.

www.maddox.xmission.com

Old 2006-10-05, 02:18
low-tech
Post-whore

this is why its good to vote green if your leftwing or libertarian<or whatever right wing grassroots party>if your right.

3rd party politics can impact locally, too bad im only registered in my hometown in Mass. id definitely vote in RI.

apathy is understandable, but there are other options.

Old 2006-10-05, 03:55
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulvox
Yeah American politics suck dick. We just passed a bill to allow torture of war prisoners.

Eh dont' take everything you hear or read as the truth, as it has been probably sensationalized and you're only getting half the story. If you wantt o beleive that we somehow signed a thing saying "fuck the geneva convention" you're just.. retarded. (not saying you are, just sayin)

I'd look into these things bit more before calling it something as such.

And let me defend myself real quick. I mean its not that i'm apathetic.. .But its become almost a health issue. My mental health (as i feel) is starting to be effected by worrying about this kind of stuff too much. I've finally started going... you know people make big bucks to make the important decisions who are much more knowledgeable... have insight from those who are really smart, and know their shit. They're in a MUCH better position to make decisions, and much more of a right to. Sure i have an opinion, i generally believe both extremes oddly enough.
...Its very annoying to keep having to hear some socially-disabled teen come on these boards talking about all the drugs he's started doing so that he can maybe grasp onto some kind of positive response so he feels better about himself and what he's doing.

Last edited by tmfreak : 2006-10-05 at 04:03.

Old 2006-10-05, 07:02
problematic
Post-whore
Banned

Quote:
You were even given a head start by being founded by criminals

Well, they weren't 'criminals', but rather 'convicts'. Convicted of petty crimes such as stealing bread, or a few bucks. Gotta hate mid 18th century law.

At least this isn't a country run by pedophiles.

Old 2006-10-05, 07:25
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmfreak
I just don't give a fuck anymore, because its apparent how worthless these systems are now anyways.

Now now, you are a Military Officer in the USN. Despite the failure of government leadership it is your job to maintain the integrity and true spirit of the people. Polititics come and go, but you have to give a fuck more than anyone because you are the tip of the spear, you are expected by the people to support the USA, you have come from the ranks of the people like all military volunteers. You chose to commit and put yourself in danger, so stand up and do it. Don't be so fast to judge the government or the people of this nation. Will you let them down? You being a former Marine, I never thought I would read this kind of post from you!

Edit: The system isn't perfect but it is the ideal behind the system that has allowed this country to become the last super power in the world today. It does need work, more work than most are willing to give, but I think a good amount of people in this counrty would rather die on our feet than live on our knees. I don't expect that to end in my life time.

Last edited by Soulinsane : 2006-10-05 at 07:56.

Old 2006-10-05, 07:52
low-tech
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by problematic
Well, they weren't 'criminals', but rather 'convicts'. Convicted of petty crimes such as stealing bread, or a few bucks. Gotta hate mid 18th century law.

At least this isn't a country run by pedophiles.

face it man, your country was spawned by the dregs of the UK

as our was spawned from not only the religious wackos of the UK, but the dregs of the entire world.

Old 2006-10-05, 08:01
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Actually, a lot of the convicts sent to Australia were criminals by any standard. I know because, before 1776, they were being sent here.

A member of the military should seem more gung-ho about shit than your average citizen, but it's good to be constantly reminded that that's not the case.

The ideal behind the system isn't perfect either. We've twisted our own ideals to evil ends and pretend to justify it by using the same language as our founders did. It's a load of bullshit and every genuine patriot should mind the words of Thomas Jefferson: 'The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure.' He wasn't talking about foreign tyrants with no say in your own government. When he said 'I like a little rebellion now and then,' it meant we shouldn't be fucking doormats. We are, and claim that being anything else would be unpatriotic and cowardly.

Old 2006-10-05, 08:37
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

I agree with much of what PST has said but I don't think all the logic of the past should be completely relevant today and most of it is twisted to meet mordern needs and greed. Our form of government is designed to weed out the loser leadership in just a few short years, but only via voting.

As far as blood and death feeding that liberty tree, I feel that line it is as true today as it was when it was writen. I think rebellion is a form of freedom and the US embraces even today. It keeps things in balance and check. Sure there are people that protest things but that is there RIGHT and in time they may gain support. The US is built on being able to change with the demands of the people.

Last edited by Soulinsane : 2006-10-05 at 08:39.

Old 2006-10-05, 13:43
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulinsane
Now now, you are a Military Officer in the USN. Despite the failure of government leadership it is your job to maintain the integrity and true spirit of the people. Polititics come and go, but you have to give a fuck more than anyone because you are the tip of the spear, you are expected by the people to support the USA, you have come from the ranks of the people like all military volunteers. You chose to commit and put yourself in danger, so stand up and do it. Don't be so fast to judge the government or the people of this nation. Will you let them down? You being a former Marine, I never thought I would read this kind of post from you!

Edit: The system isn't perfect but it is the ideal behind the system that has allowed this country to become the last super power in the world today. It does need work, more work than most are willing to give, but I think a good amount of people in this counrty would rather die on our feet than live on our knees. I don't expect that to end in my life time.

Well you're reading a lil too thin into what i wrote. i DO care. TOO MUCH. And ... i'm not a former marine.. i am a marine...

And i agree 100#+ with you on your post. I have more faith in this country than most would. Which is why i said that there are people out htere with alot greater capacity and ability to make important decisions, and.. i damn well think they should be the one make the shots and making the calls. (about important high level issues).

I think i defend America probably more than the average joe. So back up.. FORMER navy guy... Your safety is in my hands now.

Edit: Btw i just read what you said about rebellion. America is all ABOUT rebellion. Its imbedded into the way of life in america. Thats all i'm gonna say about that.

Last edited by tmfreak : 2006-10-05 at 13:45.

Old 2006-11-06, 00:01
far_beyond_sane
Forum Leader

MORE GAY SCANDALS! YAY!

This one is WAAYYYYY better than Foley.

The head of a 14000 member Evangelical church is busted tooting meth and ploughing the arses of gay male whores. That's double-double hypocrisy. He went into damage control for a few days but he's just admitted it.

Better still, he's a biblical literalist, so he opposes gay marriage and believes fags are going to hell.

B. E. A. UTIFUL.

Thank you, America, for your contributions to my morning so far.

Old 2006-11-06, 00:07
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

hahah you are welcome!!!1 these fucking people...the funny thing is..even with all this shit going down in the media..i bet there are still some of these priests/preachers out there doing the same/similar shit.

edit...well funny in a fucked up way.

Old 2006-11-06, 01:09
far_beyond_sane
Forum Leader

Old 2006-11-06, 02:10
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by far_beyond_sane

i guess this might appeal more to the us mters http://www.dkosopedia.com/wiki/Arnold_Schwarzenegger

that is a long ass list though.

Old 2006-11-06, 19:02
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/serv...PStory/National

Sorry America. lol.

Apparently the soldier was trying to break up a fight...which I'm sure involved his American counterparts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe_blunts
you done told me lots of thangs bout beer n shit and canada. have a grand ol cunt of a good time.

RIP moe.

Old 2006-11-06, 21:14
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

They mention all the people involved in the fight, and aside from the sailors who intervened it's all Canadians. When will you Canadians realize that your violence hurts us all? Can't you see that violence is not the answer? I wish you could learn from our peaceful ways, but when we try to help one of you we get nothing more than a bellyfull of steel in return. Shame on you.

Old 2006-11-06, 21:19
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

BLAME CANADA!!

Old 2006-11-06, 21:23
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

Quote:
They mention all the people involved in the fight, and aside from the sailors who intervened it's all Canadians. When will you Canadians realize that your violence hurts us all? Can't you see that violence is not the answer? I wish you could learn from our peaceful ways, but when we try to help one of you we get nothing more than a bellyfull of steel in return. Shame on you.

bahaha.

Downtown Halifax is starting to look like a war zone. There are police barricades(complete with concrete blockades) on certain streets every weekend to help stop violence. And now they are trying to cut back what times bars are allowed to close. 2:30am(when most bars close) and 3:30am are not long enough as it is! There is a 24/7 casino but they usually won't serve you if you have been drinking all night..and if your not gambling.

Quote:
you done told me lots of thangs bout beer n shit and canada. have a grand ol cunt of a good time.

RIP moe.

Old 2006-11-06, 21:27
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

damn..well here in florida you can't buy alcohol anywhere legally after 2am. theres this bar/liquor store/lounge place that stays open pretty late and will sell you alcohol after 2, but its expensive.

Old 2006-11-06, 23:25
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

I just hate it, because well...I hate ending the party.

It definitely will not curb drunken violence, just piss a lot of people off even more. Bar owners are already pissed about them even discussing it. They are already taxed to death as it is..

Bars should close at 8am, that seems suitable.

Quote:

RIP moe.

Old 2006-11-06, 23:34
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Tell them to look at England, where people used to (or still do, I really have no idea) rush to get drunk before the early closing times, resulting in even more out-of-control drunken violence. If you give people less time in which to get drunk, they'll just drink harder and faster, and if you know anything about drunken belligerence, you know that's not a good thing.

Old 2006-11-07, 00:09
low-tech
Post-whore

this has been an issue in providence. they changed closing time for bars to 1 am from 2. alot of newpaper articles were advocating NYC's policy. have them close later...4am or so, not earlier.

the idea is that business winds down anyway around 3 and 4am, those extra hours will space out the time when about 10,000 completely wasted clubgoers and bar hoppers can leave downtown. as it was before the change,between 2 and 3 am, downtown was like a fistfight free-for-all between the hundreds and thousands of people leaving all at once.......now that period of time is just moved an hour earlier, nothing has changed.

closing later wont solve all the problems, but would be smarter.

i really have no opinion on this, what i see is a forced food chain between assholes knocking each others teeth out and support thier cause of idiocy to scare investors,yuppies and redevelopment organizations away so people like me wont get evicted so some asshole wants a live/work artist loftspace as a status symbol no different than v8 SUV they own.

these people should be allowed to carry guns, for christsakes.

Old 2006-11-07, 00:30
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

Quote:
Tell them to look at England, where people used to (or still do, I really have no idea) rush to get drunk before the early closing times, resulting in even more out-of-control drunken violence. If you give people less time in which to get drunk, they'll just drink harder and faster, and if you know anything about drunken belligerence, you know that's not a good thing.

That's a good point. I think they government has to realize that no matter what you fucking do there will always be violence. They seriously don't seem to understand that. Many of the bars search you and have metal detectors, they can only do so much until it becomes terrible to go downtown and drink. This can apply to anything really..

Quote:

RIP moe.

Old 2006-11-07, 01:07
Transient
HES BAAACK

on topic, im voting for the first time ever tomorrow

Old 2006-11-07, 02:15
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transient
on topic, im voting for the first time ever tomorrow

Good luck, you may be disappointed.

Quote:

RIP moe.

Old 2006-11-07, 07:56
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

It's less that they don't understand than that they know that 'cracking down' on things will always be good publicity. People vote in droves for empty displays of government power and vote in droves against good sense. If people would show a tendency to vote in ways that conformed to logic, then we might have some decent legislature, but the shallow display always wins people over. Just look at Necrophagist.

I will not vote today.

Old 2006-11-07, 08:32
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

Quote:

This is true. And it's fucking great!

Seriously, the licensing laws have been relaxed here but it's the prerogative of the licensee to obtain the relative license that extends his or her hours of opening. All the scaremongering of "24 hour drinking and yobbish behaviour" has not been realised and, indeed, most pubs only open for an extra hour while clubs and bars tend to stay open an extra couple of hours 'til 4am. Well, in Liverpool anyway.

Red Sparowes - At the Soundless Dawn

Old 2006-11-07, 13:04
far_beyond_sane
Forum Leader

Tomorrow, you Yankee cunts vote.

Oh yes. If you fail to throw a spanner in the works of the fucking abysmal swine who run your cuntry, I swear to almight Science I will spend the rest of my life inventing new ways to persecute you. Whoremongers.

Old 2006-11-07, 13:32
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

I'm not fucking voting, and until some of the political bullshit changes, I'll keep not voting.

The only voting you can even do nowadays is fucking party line vote as it is. Theres no real choice, and no real candidate that represents me or any of my ideals. I'm sorry any fucking candidate who has nothing better to say about himself in advertisements than.. this other candidate sux because... blah blah blah, and just bash each other, then they don't deserve my vote.

I think obstaining from voting is just as important as those voting. And even i'll make a case to say those who are apathetic in voting are just as important to the voting process by not voting.

If anybody else wants to vote, feels compelled to vote, then please by all means do so. As for me.
these candidates and their facades of bullshit. Each and everyone. (not just republicans and not just democrats)

Old 2006-11-07, 14:53
low-tech
Post-whore

im not voting because im from the peoples republic of taxachusetts and the winners are already motherfucking predetermined.

i wouldnt even have the motivation to go to my hometown city hall to vote some stupid fucks in who presided over an area....i dont even fucking live in.

im not even regestering in this barbarian state of Rhode Island, id vote for the fucking crips against the yuppies here.

im surrounded by the enemy, i'd vote for the worst, most insane, people here....i'm serious. i'd vote our previous mob owned, jailed mayor buddy cianci as senator.

i actually have never voted a mid term, so i dont even know if its like a multiple vote thing.

last presidential election i voted kerry..........i should fucking kill myself now already

Last edited by low-tech : 2006-11-07 at 14:57.

Old 2006-11-07, 15:02
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by low-tech
last presidential election i voted kerry..........i should fucking kill myself now already

Fucking amazing.......... just amazing. At least you have the ballz to admit that you voted for that sorry... sad.. .omg piece of shit. I can't believe what a horrible fucking person he is, let alone all these people that honeslty think he would be a good president.

The thing about him that i'm most confused about, is how the media still pays attention to his dumbass, and why he even gets voted into office. Hes so damn horrible.

I'm considering opening up yet another "Tmfreak's rant on stupidness thread" as it would relate to kerry's ignorant comments. He can just go fucking sit on his high horse way above us worthless minions.

Old 2006-11-07, 15:35
low-tech
Post-whore

yep, i tried to vote in that fuck

i should start drinking again.

Old 2006-11-07, 17:35
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Trying to vote in Kerry would be more embarassing if there was some other viable candidate who was better. Voting for either of the candidates in that election was trying to vote in a shitbag, and this will continue to be true in future elections until presidential candidates and their campaigns aren't managed like PR stunts. Good luck with that, though.

I really wish not voting was the statement we'd like it to be, though.

Old 2006-11-07, 19:29
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

Well...on the topic of drunken stabings...I read this in my newspaper this morning.

http://thechronicleherald.ca/Metro/539164.html

These both were on my side of the City, no where near downtown.

Quote:

RIP moe.

Old 2006-11-07, 19:31
Transient
HES BAAACK

voted, yay

Old 2006-11-08, 02:28
Bia
Muffin Ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by far_beyond_sane
American politics is a cesspool

You're preaching to the choir.

Old 2006-11-08, 02:46
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Trying to vote in Kerry would be more embarassing if there was some other viable candidate who was better. Voting for either of the candidates in that election was trying to vote in a shitbag, and this will continue to be true in future elections until presidential candidates and their campaigns aren't managed like PR stunts. Good luck with that, though.

I really wish not voting was the statement we'd like it to be, though.

+1

Which is why i'm not voting till there is a real change in both dominate parties, which won't happen...

Old 2006-11-08, 02:54
Transient
HES BAAACK

it really wont happen if all the people who dont vote because of that reason dont vote for someone other than the two parties

Old 2006-11-08, 03:39
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transient
it really wont happen if all the people who dont vote because of that reason dont vote for someone other than the two parties

That made absolutely no sense. But i think i know what you're getting at. I can agree with you, but I'm more saying along the lines of campaign spending and so on. Advertisements and all that jazz. It fucking pisses me off. Its all bought, we know this. Just makes me feel even more insignificant, not to mention with the actual presidental elections not chosen by popular vote just puts the cherry on top of what i like to call worthless voting.

I've never voted, so I wonder if like the 2 candidates of whatever come up and you don't like either one, so you put neither. That's how it should be. I know plenty of people that go to vote, only know about one of hte races, and the rest they just randomly vote. Thats a mockery in my opinion, oh well.

Old 2006-11-08, 04:04
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

well i JUST registered...i had one filled out and i thought it got turned in but we recently found it buried in my roommates shit in the car...so i downloaded the form online and mailed it. unfortunately it wasn't with in the 20something day period you must be registered before voting...i think its 28 for some reason..random ass number.

anyway...i think EVERYONE should vote. its your one real chance to make ANY input. outside of that, there are plenty of rich ass people that vote every time and don't want the youth to vote because they won't vote the same. these people that always vote, generally get who they want into office because many others don't vote. so by not voting you play into their hands. true there is not always or possibly mostly never a decent person to vote for. but whether you like it or not, someone is taking the seat in office. so fucking vote dickheads.

even if you vote for the independent. fuck it. i didn't register as a voter for either party, i chose unaffiliated and will stay that way....but i plan on voting in each future election.

there are so many countries where the citizens don't even have the right to vote.

you think everyone looks at us with contempt for bush..but it is for many reasons and one of them is that we have the option to vote and most of us do not.

Last edited by xgrafcorex : 2006-11-08 at 04:25. Reason: typo

Old 2006-11-08, 04:15
Pr0az
Post-whore

This election went odd. My state has one of the worst governors ever. Actually he was voted as the third worst governor in the nation. Guess what he got re-elected. He spent 8 fucking million dollars on his campaign. I live in one of the poorest states in America and we have a cock sucking governor who spent 8 million dollars on a campaign. Tomorrow will we be better off No! The business's are leaving around here education is pretty much at an all time low and for years we have heard broken promises from this same guy. Yet people seem to ignore and still vote for him. Yet, it can be blamed on the majority not actually voting, who claim politics have gotten dirty and they refuse to vote. WTF? They would rather sit around and let the economy inside the state go to shit than vote. No wonder my state is so shitty! So gra i must agree everyone needs to vote because shit like what happen to night happens over and over again!

Last edited by Pr0az : 2006-11-08 at 04:27.

Old 2006-11-08, 04:28
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

I highly disagree with you and your opinions on voting, but hey thats fine we can do that. Just because its your RIGHT to vote doesn't mean you have to exercise the right for it to mean anything.

By having the right to vote, you also have the right NOT to vote. Not to mention by people being apathetic and not voting that accurately describes ALSO the populus opinion on the outcome of the politicians. Obviously if they are apathetic enough not to vote, then they obviously don't care who gets in, which in turn accurately describes the will of hte people.

I personally think the idea that just because others don't get to in other countries, is kind of a cop out reason to vote, and doesn't really have much girth as a real argument towards people voting.

But thats my opinion. By no means am i telling people not to vote, but if you feel compelled and thats how you think change will be made, or if you even want change, or even care if theres change then you have the right and the option to do or not do so.

Old 2006-11-08, 04:32
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr0az
This election went odd. My state has one of the worst governors ever. Actually he was voted as the third worst governor in the nation. Guess what he got re-elected. He spent 8 fucking million dollars on his campaign. I live in one of the poorest states in America and we have a cock sucking governor who spent 8 million dollars on a campaign. Tomorrow will we be better off No! The business's are leaving around here education is pretty much at an all time low and for years we have heard broken promises from this same guy. Yet people seem to ignore and still vote for him. Yet, it can be blamed on the majority not actually voting, who claim politics have gotten dirty and they refuse to vote. WTF? They would rather sit around and let the economy inside the state go to shit than vote. No wonder my state is so shitty! So gra i must agree everyone needs to vote because shit like what happen to night happens over and over again!

I'm not going to claim i know everything, but the only people you hear bitching and complaining about change and dirty politics and feel compelled and enthusastic enough about it are not the majority of the people. if the will of the people were to get somebody else in office it would happen. People don't just magically get put in office again and again.

Point and case. California one of the most democrat filled states in the united states, voted AGAIN Arnold into office. But i thought so many peopel complained and hated his guts and blahb lah blah. Sensationalism. If he was so awful at being a governor then he wouldn't have gotten elected again.

Old 2006-11-08, 04:36
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

"ng, but hey thats fine we can do that. Just because its your RIGHT to vote doesn't mean you have to exercise the right for it to mean anything.By having the right to vote, you also have the right NOT to vote. Not to mention by people being apathetic and not voting that accurately describes ALSO the populus opinion on the outcome of the politicians. Obviously if they are apathetic enough not to vote, then they obviously don't care who gets in, which in turn accurately describes the will of hte people. I personally think the idea that just because others don't get to in other countries, is kind of a cop out reason to vote, and doesn't really have much girth as a real argument towards people voting.But thats my opinion. By no means am i telling people not to vote, but if you feel compelled and thats how you think change will be made, or if you even want change, or even care if theres change then you have the right and the "

sorry i think somehow my quote of your post is messed up.

haha well i disagree with you completely on voting. regardless of if you like ANY of the candidates, there is going to be somebody assuming the sometimes important, sometimes not so important role of the political office in question. if you don't like anyone that is running and don't vote...you automatically let all of the assholes of the world decide which asshole will be calling the shots.

to me, that is not a good idea. true its one vote for you or for myself. but as many times as its been said..much of the legally voting youth do NOT vote. if we all did there would be a nice sized chunk of youth voters that anyone running for office would recognize.

Last edited by xgrafcorex : 2006-11-08 at 04:38.

Old 2006-11-08, 05:03
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xgrafcorex

haha well i disagree with you completely on voting. regardless of if you like ANY of the candidates, there is going to be somebody assuming the sometimes important, sometimes not so important role of the political office in question. if you don't like anyone that is running and don't vote...you automatically let all of the assholes of the world decide which asshole will be calling the shots.

to me, that is not a good idea. true its one vote for you or for myself. but as many times as its been said..much of the legally voting youth do NOT vote. if we all did there would be a nice sized chunk of youth voters that anyone running for office would recognize.

You're absolutely right.

But you decide to vote for somebody who you have no idea what they are going to do... or even if you know both are fucking assholes and are just going to dick shit up... and YOU help put them in office. You make a very solid point and I want to agree with your optimissm but i simply can't, for reasons as simple as Low-techs. Basically if i voted for somebody whether or not i thought they were going to do a decient job, and they ended up turning into complete shit, or even that they were just a worthless human being (as far as society would deem so) i don't think i could sleep well at night. Knowing i helped put that asshole into office.

Now a good attack on this could possibly be, well thats just how any election will be and could happen to any candidate at any time, even if I personally know them, and so on and so on. And although that is true, still it doesn't negate the fact that I signed and agreed for him to be the reaper of undoing. The way i see it, both parties are after the same thing (for the most part) and both completely suck, and i would never vote for either one of them.

Maybe i too feel that maybe not everyone should be allowed to vote too... Maybe.... it brings intresting thought to a change of the current system.

Old 2006-11-08, 07:22
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

When it comes down to it, when voting one asshole into office is as distasteful as voting another in, you're best off letting other assholes vote them in.

If I'm in a situation where I'm going to have one of my balls snipped for some non-medical reason, I'll let the asshole with the knife decide. Why? Because I'm not ever going to give him permission to take one of my nuts, and so rather than choose my favorite one I'll put the entire responsibility on him, and never have to sleep restlessly knowing that I willfully sacrificed one of the boys.

Now, when an election becomes more savory than deciding which nut to cut off, I'll be happy to participate. But, until that day arrive, election day is drinking day for me.

Old 2006-11-08, 11:10
far_beyond_sane
Forum Leader

Dear me.

Could the Republicans have lost the House AND the Senate? This smacks of utter carelessness. All I lost today was my shoes.

Old 2006-11-08, 13:14
Pr0az
Post-whore

Well i guess it could be worse. We could have did like New York a few years back and re-elect a crack head.

Edit:
Not New York but D.C.

Last edited by Pr0az : 2006-11-08 at 14:23.

Old 2006-11-08, 13:16
Blood Red Bass
Post-whore

Quote:
Well i guess it could be worse. We could have did like New York a few years back and re-elect a crack head.
LOL, that makes you sound like some old disgruntled 50 year old voter.
Compare these people to the norm, say, Muhammed Suiçmez for instance who seems to think that lots of poorly strung together riffs spaced awkwardly around fancy monotonous sweeps covers up the fact that his ideas and songs are really quit boring.

Old 2006-11-08, 13:33
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

Quote:

unless there was more than one crack head in office...i think you mean DC.

Old 2006-11-08, 14:00
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
unless there was more than one crack head in office...i think you mean DC.

It was most DEFINATELY DC. haha Trust me.... i would know.

Old 2006-11-08, 14:24
Pr0az
Post-whore

Yea my fault DC actually made me go back and read the article.

Also gra get your ass to work!

Old 2006-11-08, 15:02
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

good ol marion barry http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marion_Barry

hah i am working! ..working so hard, i deserve a break here and there.

Old 2006-11-08, 16:28
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
good ol marion barry http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marion_Barry

hah i am working! ..working so hard, i deserve a break here and there.

Just proves that even that crack smokin' black man can get a break....
zing!

Old 2006-11-08, 17:21
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

rumsfeld abandons sinking ship!
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15622266/

Old 2006-11-08, 17:24
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
rumsfeld abandons sinking ship!
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15622266/

Holy shit yeah i just saw that. I'm kind of amazed to be honest. Oh well i guess it should have been known that now that he doesn't have the backing of hte majority of legislatures that he should step down.

Old 2006-11-08, 23:02
low-tech
Post-whore

dem house and senate, the way this thing is looking.

rumsfeld, that guy would be doing alot of time in grand jury investigations if he stayed.

he probably lives in costa rica now............senor donaldo carlos rumsfeldo.

in other news the sandinistas are back.

Old 2006-11-08, 23:51
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

Quote:

hahaha! yea hes fucking outta there with a quickness.

saw that about ortega. quite a week for the us eh?

Old 2006-11-09, 00:23
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

I'm surprised Rumsfeld didn't wait until Saddam was hung.

What a tool!

Quote:

RIP moe.

Old 2006-11-09, 00:31
Blood Red Bass
Post-whore

Quote:
dem house and senate, the way this thing is looking.

rumsfeld, that guy would be doing alot of time in grand jury investigations if he stayed.

Wait a sec, the dems have a pretty nice lead in the house but I thought they were down in the senate by like 2 or 3 seats.

AT BASSBEHEMOTH: how much American news do you get in Canada?

Old 2006-11-09, 00:39
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Btw the dems don't have the senate yet. Thats a lil quick calling it don't you think?

My state is holding the keys to congress for the next lil while. OOOooooo.

Next.

Edit: As i was... well guess they took virginia. Oh well.

Last edited by tmfreak : 2006-11-09 at 00:52.

Old 2006-11-09, 01:37
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood Red Bass
AT BASSBEHEMOTH: how much American news do you get in Canada?

Way too Much. CNN ABC CBS NBC CNN HEADLINE NEWS MSNBC PBS ANOTHER PBS CHANNEL FOX etc.

Quote:

RIP moe.

Old 2006-11-09, 01:45
Blood Red Bass
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBehemoth
Way too Much. CNN ABC CBS NBC CNN HEADLINE NEWS MSNBC PBS ANOTHER PBS CHANNEL FOX etc.
Leads me to another question, and I am not trying to be cynical or a dick but I really have been wondering this for a while. What was the last interesting historical thing that happened in Canada? Once again I'm not trying to be a dick, but for a country compraible to the U.S. in its development, Canadians either have no conflicts, or just keep it to themselves.

Old 2006-11-09, 01:55
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

Quote:
Leads me to another question, and I am not trying to be cynical or a dick but I really have been wondering this for a while. What was the last interesting historical thing that happened in Canada? Once again I'm not trying to be a dick, but for a country compraible to the U.S. in its development, Canadians either have no conflicts, or just keep it to themselves.

We have a few thousand men stationed in Afghanistan right now......And we were heavily involved in that whole Haiti ordeal with their ousted President.

Alberta is completing booming because of the oil related jobs and revenue from the oil sands.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmm..........I'd say most of our news isn't that big, or at least comparable to news American would attain. Even still, it wouldn't be all over American news networks nonetheless.

Quote:

RIP moe.

Old 2006-11-09, 02:12
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:

let me break it to you exactly how BassB did to me.

America 300,000,000 people.
Canada 33,000,000

Difference of... 267,000,000 people.

Any questions? Its obvious their news isn't compariable to such news as the US just because the pure number of people there are. They are on the north edge of the globe, which doesn't get hurricanes, tornadoes, devistating earth quakes (maybe the west coast) or tsunamis.

They also dont' have a country that contains as many "minorities" as the united states does. They have the french, and thats probably as far as they really want to take it.

Last edited by tmfreak : 2006-11-09 at 02:14.

Old 2006-11-09, 02:42
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

Quote:
Any questions? Its obvious their news isn't compariable to such news as the US just because the pure number of people there are. They are on the north edge of the globe, which doesn't get hurricanes, tornadoes, devistating earth quakes (maybe the west coast) or tsunamis.

They also dont' have a country that contains as many "minorities" as the united states does. They have the french, and thats probably as far as they really want to take it.

My province had a Cat. 2 Hurricane three years ago. Canada also has had tornadoes, earth quakes and tsunamis. They just aren't very common.

We do have a lot of minorities(especially in the cities, obviously).. just slim to none Mexicans.

Quote:

RIP moe.

Old 2006-11-09, 02:50
Blood Red Bass
Post-whore

Hmm, that makes sense now I guess. Thanks guys.

Old 2006-11-09, 02:53
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Can't be amazed Rumsfeld stepped down. I can't imagine having to be that asshole in public for six years. If he'd just shoot himself, I could have the respect for him I did when I realized he'd reorganized the military so as to be more agile, before I realized that he'd done this only to use them in exceedingly dumb (non-agile) ways.

I think there's to be a recount in VA, no? In any case, Allen was begging to be taken out of office.

Old 2006-11-09, 03:25
d7b
New Blood

global politics is in shambles! dont blame the americans, they are only as human as the rest of us!

Old 2006-11-09, 03:48
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by d7b
global politics is in shambles! dont blame the americans, they are only as human as the rest of us!

I like how there is an us and a you as it would relate to global politics.

Old 2006-11-09, 06:38
low-tech
Post-whore

american politics is all about kicking these bums out.....then replace them with a new brand of assholes from which.......next election....NOW lets kick these lying ,cheating bums out......the cycle continues.

that its man. i hope every president from now on gets impeached, it started with Clinton....lets get bush now....hillary and obama later.....bushes brother after that.

after a while the only kind of person who could sit in office would have to be jewish,black,paralyzed,blind,deaf,midget,gay,centrist,moderate republicrat/demplican.

theyd seriously have to live behind a huge PC barrier......like the great wall of china of politically correct taboo. you couldnt even question them without being dealt the race card, called an anti-semite,some asshole who makes fun of blind people.......

Old 2006-11-09, 08:10
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Best would be to have a comatose president. You can't blame a guy who can't control his own bodily functions for letting the country get out of hand. His eyes won't be responsive to light, so no worries about reading newspapers. He'll have the best advisors available, representing every color, persuasion, gender, and sexual preference, hence all competent. The best president is a braindead president.

I was just in a Walgreens and two of the clerks were having a political discussion with two CPDs. Here's an excerpt:

Cop: 'Now, what y'all Republicans need to do is: First, quit sticking your dicks up the asses of little boys; second, get off your knees, stop sucking so much cock; and third, quit being such a bunch of faggots.'

The 'Republican' clerk spent most of my time in the store explaining that it's a fundamental part of Catholicism, inherited from the Greeks and Romans, to rape little boys, and that everybody who'd raise their sons Catholic does so with this understanding. I fucking love Chicago.

Old 2006-11-09, 11:17
low-tech
Post-whore

i see a budding future as a political advisor for you.

steven hawking would be a solid choice as a head of state, noone could actually trust the benevolence of his computerspeak module.....are you actually being revealed his thoughts thru that goodamn thing or was it the end result of a committee aproved cabal by the pentagon or microsoft?, noone could really tell if there actually is a flicker of life behind the eyes, the dude would be above criticism. you simply could not tell if he is just a prop, a puppet with a very expensive looking remote-controlled wheelchair or some sort of brain-in-the-jar who is sustained by machines as a political tour de force<world domination>.

it wouldnt be that he is braindead, it would just be the ambiguity of it all. who would accuse him of such without bringing shame upon themselves to stoop so low? what kind od man would swift boat steven hawkings without the world wanting to take his head? brilliant idea.

i want to see a political canadate pass himself off as a messiah, too bad bush hinted at some powers of augery but sort of backtracked and canned the jesus-speaks-to-me talk.

Last edited by low-tech : 2006-11-09 at 11:22.

Old 2006-11-09, 11:18
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Good grief, it sounds like South Park dialogue.

BassB'-- The Mexicans are smart enough to know that Lake Erie is too wide to swim across. That's why there's a bunch of them where I live. They can't see the other side so they're not swimming it. Not to mention the 35 foot sturgeons that eat people out there in the middle.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!

Old 2006-11-09, 11:32
low-tech
Post-whore

let me be very clear here, we are at the phase here where steven hawkings could push any agenda. stalinism,nazi facism,islamo-facism,christian fundamentalism/theocracy,anarcho-capitalism,leftwing anarcho-communism.

i mean the sky is the limit. if the man managed to move his hand a bit the whole country would weep with joy.

Old 2006-11-09, 15:03
powersofterror
Forum Leader

Isn't voting this or next week?

Anyway, I'm refusing as usual to not vote. If I did, I'd probably go for the democratic party.
Man, I get real sweaty after I wack my dong. Yeah, cause I headbang while I do, and I can't really "Jump" (haha ) like VanHalen in a dorm room, so I just walk back and forth....haha a couple days ago I was jumping up and down on my bed, with my pants down and my roommate came in when I wasn't looking, hahaha.

This is my band's page

Old 2006-11-09, 15:28
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by powersofterror

Anyway, I'm refusing as usual to not vote. If I did, I'd probably go for the democratic party.

heh i hope you are joking. voting is over, democrats took control.

Old 2006-11-09, 15:31
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by powersofterror

Fuckin' wow.

Old 2006-11-09, 15:40
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

LOL, even I knew the exact date of voting and the results.

Quote:

RIP moe.

Old 2006-11-09, 15:43
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
LOL, even I knew the exact date of voting and the results.

Thats because you're a wanna be american, so you try harder
PFff. Psuedo americans....

Old 2006-11-09, 15:46
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

Quote:
Thats because you're a wanna be american, so you try harder
PFff. Psuedo americans....

PFFFT. Who would want to be an American in this day in age?

See ya in Hell, Infidels!

Quote:

RIP moe.

Old 2006-11-09, 16:39
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

Quote:
PFFFT. Who would want to be an American in this day in age?

See ya in Hell, Infidels!

mexicans do

actually, i've given serious thought to moving to canada one day, but i think it would be better if i go and check it out before jumping into it without having been through a winter there. also..not too sure how much of a pain in the ass it would be to bring all these bugs and reptiles across the border.

Old 2006-11-09, 17:33
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

Quote:
not too sure how much of a pain in the ass it would be to bring all these bugs and reptiles across the border.

Probably a HUGE pain in the ass. Customs isn't usually too kind on that sort of thing...and that's with both sides of the boarder.

Quote:

RIP moe.

Old 2006-11-09, 17:41
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
mexicans do

actually, i've given serious thought to moving to canada one day, but i think it would be better if i go and check it out before jumping into it without having been through a winter there. also..not too sure how much of a pain in the ass it would be to bring all these bugs and reptiles across the border.

Smuggle em. Put them in like hidden compartments in your vehicle. haha

Old 2006-11-09, 17:45
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

Quote:
Smuggle em. Put them in like hidden compartments in your vehicle. haha

haha, yeah really. Dump the snakes, spiders, scorpions, and centipede down your pants! That way you definitely wouldn't look nervous if you are getting a blowjob by a tarantula.

Quote:

RIP moe.

Old 2006-11-09, 17:51
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

hahah i think i'll pass on the pants idea. i think i could arrange something with a couple people. some of the dealers have import/export licenses which is a pain to get and costly...i know some people here, and i know of one guy in canada. i could just have them ship to eachother and pick them up. but i still don't have any plans to move anytime soon..except next summer when our lease is up. they raise our rent each time we renewed it so i'm kinda getting sick of the bullshit.

Old 2006-11-09, 22:32
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
hahah i think i'll pass on the pants idea. i think i could arrange something with a couple people. some of the dealers have import/export licenses which is a pain to get and costly...i know some people here, and i know of one guy in canada. i could just have them ship to eachother and pick them up. but i still don't have any plans to move anytime soon..except next summer when our lease is up. they raise our rent each time we renewed it so i'm kinda getting sick of the bullshit.

That is pretty gay. Fuck them. When mmy lease is up i want to get another apartment at this place, just with a room mate. Would make some things easier.

Old 2006-11-09, 22:46
Pr0az
Post-whore

I'll be your room mate .

Old 2006-11-10, 06:56
powersofterror
Forum Leader

Quote:
heh i hope you are joking. voting is over, democrats took control.

Hahah, I don't have television access and I don't read newspaper or internet news. There was no way for me to actually know when voting was.

In fact, not one person I've talked to these past few weeks have even mentioned voting, the presidency, or politics in general. I almost didn't even remember that November is election month.

I'm very much out of the loop.

This is my band's page

Old 2006-11-10, 07:15
powersofterror
Forum Leader

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2006/

There're the house and senate results.

This is my band's page