MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Tabs > Tab Questions & Requests

Old 2006-09-17, 09:30
Sythke21
Metalhead

Amon Amarth - With Oden on our side

Anybody up for tabbing any of amon amarths new cd for me? preferably on guitar pro.
Its should be pretty easy stuff to tab.
thanks

Old 2006-10-22, 11:29
Soeru
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sythke21
Anybody up for tabbing any of amon amarths new cd for me? preferably on guitar pro.
Its should be pretty easy stuff to tab.
thanks

Dude I figured this song out recently, plus a bunch of others on the new CD fairly easily. It's a very simple thing just sit down a bit and it's basically using the same scales and patterns that AA generally go for(in B tuning). I really suck at tabbing because I take ages to get anything right in GP, but I was thinking of webcamming some new Vader, Amon Amarth, and a Spawn of Possession song I figured out recently sometime soon.

I think you can figure this one out fairly easily man.

(Did you know In Flames had a 2005 album called "Come Clarity"? How prophetic. I think they're trying to tell us all their sperm are dead.)

Old 2006-10-23, 18:54
Spellbound
Senior Metalhead

i have tabbed half the solo from Under the Northern Star. i will put it in powertab when i am done. the rest of the song shouldn't be too hard to tab either.

Also there is a tab of Runes to My Memory at ultimate-guitar, it's pretty correct apart from the fact that it's written in Drop D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBored
argh fkn gorguts

Old 2006-10-23, 21:28
Transient
HES BAAACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spellbound

Also there is a tab of Runes to My Memory at ultimate-guitar, it's pretty correct apart from the fact that it's written in Drop D.

...?! how is it accurate then

Old 2006-10-24, 07:14
Spellbound
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transient
...?! how is it accurate then

most of the the notes are correct, but in the wrong tuning, like this:

Code:
Tremolo pick all notes Q. E H +H Q Q W H Q Q ||--------------|--------------|----------|------------| ||--------------|--------------|----------|------------| ||o-------------|--------------|----------|------------| ||--------------|--------------|----------|------------| ||o-------------|--------------|----------|------------| ||--3----2-0----|-(0)----2--3--|----------|------0--2--| ||--------------|--------------|-1--------|-0----------| Q. E H +H Q Q H. E E H H 4x |-------------|--------------|-------------|------------|| |-------------|--------------|-------------|------------|| |-------------|--------------|-------------|-----------o|| |-------------|--------------|-------------|------------|| |-------------|--------------|-3-------5-3-|-2---------o|| |-3----2-0----|-(0)----2--3--|-------------|------5-----|| |-------------|--------------|-------------|------------||

This is the way the intro riff is played, in correct B tuning.
compare it to his tab.

Quote:
argh fkn gorguts

Last edited by Spellbound : 2006-10-24 at 07:17.

Old 2006-10-24, 16:46
Transient
HES BAAACK

alright i see

Old 2006-10-27, 05:20
Sythke21
Metalhead

ok well i decided to try and tab with oden on our side myself, as i think itll be good for me to learn to play by ear.
Im using GP5, ive have the open riff tabbed out fine, but when it gets to that melodic riff at around 32 seconds, im having trouble with the the timing in gp5. i can play along with it fine and know the notes, can someone tell me is 4/4 timing right for this riff? as i cant seem to get it too 'fit'

Old 2006-10-27, 10:34
Spellbound
Senior Metalhead

it's written in 4/4 with triplets.

Quote:
argh fkn gorguts

Old 2006-10-27, 14:01
Sythke21
Metalhead

ah perfect thanks.

Old 2006-10-28, 03:09
Sythke21
Metalhead

Ok ive finished it, 2 guitar parts, thought ill post it her as well as in pending tabs.
thanks for your help.

if you guys think its anygood im happy to tab some other stuff of amon amarths new cd, i found it quite fun.

this is my first tab, and my guitar was tuned in d, so it took a while to figure out some of the notes. but i think it sounds ok.
Attached Files
File Type: gp4 Amon Amarth - With Oden On Our Side.gp4 (39.8 KB, 152 views)
File Type: gp5 Amon Amarth - With Oden On Our Side.gp5 (71.3 KB, 150 views)

Old 2006-10-28, 14:31
Spellbound
Senior Metalhead

i noticed one small mistake in the tab

the tremolo riff("futile to resist...") should be played like this:

Code:
6/4 TP TP TPTP TP TP TPTP Q. Q E H. Q. Q E Q. Q. ||---------------------|-----------------------| ||---------------------|-----------------------| ||o--------------------|-----------------------| ||---------------------|-----------------------| ||o----------7-9-------|----------7-9----------| ||--7----10------------|-7----10---------10----| ||---------------------|-----------------------| TP TP TP TP TP TP H. H. Q. Q. Q. Q. 4x |-----------------|-----------------------|| |-----------------|-----------------------|| |-----------------|----------------------o|| |-7---------------|-----------------------|| |-----------------|------9----7----------o|| |---------9-------|-9--------------9------|| |-----------------|-----------------------||

the first note in the forth measure should be a 9.
other than that, it all sounds correct.

Quote:
argh fkn gorguts

Last edited by Spellbound : 2006-10-28 at 14:53.

Old 2006-10-28, 14:47
Spellbound
Senior Metalhead

here's my contribution for the tread.
the chorus backing lead is the only thing missing.

Quote:
argh fkn gorguts

Last edited by Spellbound : 2006-10-29 at 09:32.

Old 2006-10-29, 00:27
Sythke21
Metalhead

cool, im gonna start cry of the blackbird or prediction of warfare today.

I checked that riff you thought was wrong, and i swear if you listen closely you can here the pitch drop breifly.

Is there anyway to convert PT to gp? i get so frustrated by Pt, because you cant select from where you wanna play or change playback speeds...

Old 2006-10-29, 11:20
Spellbound
Senior Metalhead

Runes has posted in pending tabs. i will make a text tab for it, and possibly a guitar pro version- if i manage to find a key generator to open my gp5 program that is.

i'm currently working on a tab for Valhall Awaits Me(finished everything up to the chorus riff), Releasing Surthur's Fire and Risen from the sea 2000(both nearly done), as well as a bunch of updates for my old AA tabs.

Quote:
argh fkn gorguts

Old 2006-10-29, 23:42
Sythke21
Metalhead

check your pm spell bound.
i having trouble once again with timing, what time signature for opening of cry of the blackbird anyone?

Old 2006-10-30, 09:34
Spellbound
Senior Metalhead

Timings for the cry of the black birds intro:
Code:
Q=180 4/4 Q Q E Q E Q E Q E Q |--------------|----------------| |--------------|----------------| |--------------|----------------| |--------------|----------------| |----8----7----|-5----7----8----| |-0-----0----0-|----0----0------| |--------------|----------------| etc...

also, this is what i've manged to tab from Valhall Awaits Me:

Code:
Intro, play twice Q=185 4/4 PM| PM| PM--| PM| PM PM PM| PM| PM--| PM| PM PM E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E ||------------------|-----------------|-----------------|------------------|| ||------------------|-----------------|-----------------|------------------|| ||o-----------------|-----------------|-----------------|-----------------o|| ||------------------|-----------------|-----------------|------------------|| ||o-----------------|---5---------5---|-----------------|---5---------5---o|| ||--7-----5-----7---|---------7-------|-7-----5-----7---|---------7--------|| ||----0-0---0-0---0-|-0---0-0---0---0-|---0-0---0-0---0-|-0---0-0---0---0--|| Pre-verse, verse, play once all endings. 4/4 PM| PM| PM--| PM| PM PM PM| PM| PM--| PM| PM PM E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E ||------------------|-----------------|-----------------|-----------------| ||------------------|-----------------|-----------------|-----------------| ||o-----------------|-----------------|-----------------|-----------------| ||------------------|-----------------|-----------------|-----------------| ||o-----------------|---5-------------|-----------------|---5-------------| ||--7-----5-----7---|---------7---5---|-7-----5-----7---|---------7---5---| ||----0-0---0-0---0-|-0---0-0---0---0-|---0-0---0-0---0-|-0---0-0---0---0-| PM| PM| PM--| PM| PM PM PM| PM| PM- E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E |-----------------|-----------------|-----------------| |-----------------|-----------------|-----------------| |-----------------|-----------------|-----------------| |-----------------|-----------------|-----------------| |-7-----5-----4---|---5-----4-------|-2-----2-----2---| |---0-0---0-0---0-|-0---0-0---0-7-0-|-2-----2-----2---| |-----------------|-----------------|-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-| Endings: 1. 2. 3. 4. -| PM| PM PM----| PM| -| PM| PM------| PM| PM PM E E E E E E E E E E E E q q E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E |------------------||---------------|||------------------||-----------------|| |------------------||---------------|||------------------||-----------------|| |-----------------o||---------------|||-----------------o||-----------------|| |------------------||---------------|||------------------||-----------------|| |---2-----2---2---o||---2-----2--2--|||---2-----2-2-----o||---2-----2---2---|| |---2-----2---2----||---2-----2--2--|||---2-----2-2------||---2-----2---2---|| |-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0--||-0-0-0-0-0--0--|||-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0--||-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-|| Bridge, play twice Tremolo pick all H. E E +H H H. E E +W ||--------------|-------------|-------------|--------| ||--------------|-------------|-------------|--------| ||o-------------|-------------|-------------|--------| ||--------------|-------------|-------------|--------| ||o-------------|--------7----|-6---------6-|-(6)----| ||--9-------7-9-|-(9)---------|---------9---|--------| ||--------------|-------------|-------------|--------| H. Q Q. Q. Q W W |------------|--------------|----------|------| |------------|--------------|----------|------| |------------|--------------|----------|------| |------------|-6------------|----------|-6----| |-7-------9--|------9----7--|-6--------|------| |------------|--------------|----------|------| |------------|--------------|----------|------| H. E E +H H H. E E +W |-------------|-------------|-------------|--------| |-------------|-------------|-------------|--------| |-------------|-------------|-------------|--------| |-------------|-------------|-------------|--------| |-------------|--------7----|-6---------6-|-(6)----| |-9-------7-9-|-(9)---------|---------9---|--------| |-------------|-------------|-------------|--------| W +H Q Q W W |----------|--------------|----------|-------|| |----------|--------------|----------|-------|| |----------|--------------|----------|------o|| |----------|--------------|----------|-6-----|| |-7--------|-(7)----6-----|-6--------|------o|| |----------|-----------9--|----------|-------|| |----------|--------------|----------|-------|| Repeat verse riff with endings 3,4 Repeat Intro twice.

help me out with the chorus riff, will you?

Quote:
argh fkn gorguts

Last edited by Spellbound : 2006-10-31 at 09:55.

Old 2006-10-30, 23:16
Sythke21
Metalhead

what tuning are you using. B i assume? i hear cry of the blackbirds like
---10--9--7--9--10-
------0--0--0--0----

and the the tremelo part in vahall awaits me, i hear all the notes 2 frets higher then what you have done?

Last edited by Sythke21 : 2006-10-30 at 23:25.

Old 2006-10-31, 10:14
Spellbound
Senior Metalhead

yes, your right about the intro for Cry of the blackbirds, i just wanted to point out the timing in which the notes are played.
The Valhall Awaits Me tremolo riff should be 2 frets higher, i've fixed that now.

However, i've noticed a mistake in your With Oden tab;
at aprox. 3:30 when the "tremolo riff" is played without tremolo picking, it's also played 3 frets higher up, like this:

Code:
6/4 TP TP TPTP TP TP TPTP Q. Q E H. Q. Q E Q. Q. ||---------------------|-----------------------| ||---------------------|-----------------------| ||o--------------------|-----------------------| ||---------------------|-----------------------| ||o---------10-12------|---------10-12---------| ||--10---13------------|-10---13---------13----| ||---------------------|-----------------------| TP TP TP TP TP TP H. H. Q. Q. Q. Q. 4x |-----------------|-----------------------|| |-----------------|-----------------------|| |-----------------|----------------------o|| |-10--------------|-----------------------|| |-----------------|------12---10---------o|| |---------12------|-12-------------12-----|| |-----------------|-----------------------||

Quote:
argh fkn gorguts

Old 2006-10-31, 19:13
HitMann
New Blood

Hello, did anyone manage to tab Amon Amarth - Under the Northern Star ? If so could you please post it ?

Old 2006-10-31, 23:12
Sythke21
Metalhead

yes i realised that too spellbound, and hitmann im wokring on it now, *should* be done in 2 days or so.

Old 2006-11-01, 13:55
Spellbound
Senior Metalhead

don't waste your time on Under the Northern Star, i've already taken care of that one
i've only tabbed the lead guitar parts though, so feel free to tab the backing stuff.
Attached Files
File Type: ptb Amon Amarth- Under the Northern Star.ptb (5.1 KB, 138 views)

Quote:
argh fkn gorguts

Last edited by Spellbound : 2006-11-01 at 14:21.

Old 2006-11-08, 17:41
Spellbound
Senior Metalhead

i'm currently working on Asator, but the intro/main riff is a damn bitch to tab.
help me out anyone?

Quote:
argh fkn gorguts

Old 2006-11-13, 02:41
Sythke21
Metalhead

been away for a bit, ill have a look at asator intro. i take it u mean up until around 28 secs?

Old 2006-11-13, 06:21
Spellbound
Senior Metalhead

yes, but i manged to tab it anyways.
i have everything up to the solo done.

Code:
Q=190 4/4 Gtr I E S S S S E S S S S S S S S E Q E E E Q |-----------------------------|---------------| |-----------------------------|---------------| |-----------------------------|---------------| |-9---------9-----------------|---------------| |-7---------7-----------------|---------------| |---0-0-0-0---0-0-0-0-7-7-6-6-|-0-r--7-7---3--| |-----------------------------|------5-5-0-1--| 4/4 PM----| PM----------------------| PM------------| E S S S S E S S S S S S S S E S S E E S S S S S S S S ||------------------------------|---------------------------| ||------------------------------|---------------------------| ||o-----------------------------|---------------------------| ||--9---------9-----------------|---------------------------| ||o-7---------7-----------------|---------------------------| ||----0-0-0-0---0-0-0-0-7-7-6-6-|-0-0-0-0-7-----------------| ||------------------------------|-----------1-1-1-1-4-4-4-4-| PM----| PM----------------------| PM E S S S S E S S S S S S S S E S S E E E E Q 4x |-----------------------------|---------------------|| |-----------------------------|---------------------|| |-----------------------------|--------------------o|| |-9---------9-----------------|---------------------|| |-7---------7-----------------|--------------------o|| |---0-0-0-0---0-0-0-0-7-7-6-6-|-0-0-0-0-7-7---3-----|| |-----------------------------|---------5-5-0-1-----|| 4/4 S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S |---------------------------------|----------------------------------| |---------------------------------|----------------------------------| |---------------------------------|----------------------------------| |---------------------------------|---------4-4-4-4-5-5-5-5-4-4-4-4--| |-------------------------4-4-4-4-|-5-5-5-5--------------------------| |-7-7-7-7-6-6-6-6-7-7-7-7---------|----------------------------------| |---------------------------------|----------------------------------| S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S ||----------------------------------|---------------------------------| ||----------------------------------|---------------------------------| ||o---------------------------------|---------------------------------| ||----------------------------------|---------5-5-4-4-4-4-4-4---------| ||o-7-7-7-7-7-7-5-5-7-7-7-7---------|-------------------------5-5-5-5-| ||--------------------------5-5-7-7-|-7-7-7-7-------------------------| ||----------------------------------|---------------------------------| S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S |---------------------------------|------------------------------------| |---------------------------------|------------------------------------| |---------5-5-4-4-4-4-4-4---------|-------------4-4--------------------| |-------------------------5-5-5-5-|-7-7-7-7-7-7-----5-5-5-5-4-4-4-4----| |-7-7-7-7-------------------------|------------------------------------| |---------------------------------|------------------------------------| |---------------------------------|------------------------------------| S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S |---------------------------------|---------------------------------| |---------------------------------|---------------------------------| |---------------------------------|---------------------------------| |---------------------------------|---------5-5-4-4-4-4-4-4---------| |-7-7-7-7-7-7-5-5-7-7-7-7---------|-------------------------5-5-5-5-| |-------------------------5-5-7-7-|-7-7-7-7-------------------------| |---------------------------------|---------------------------------| S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S |---------------------------------|-------------------------------------|| |---------------------------------|-------------------------------------|| |---------5-5-4-4-4-4-4-4---------|-------------4-4-5-5-5-5-4-4-4-4----o|| |-------------------------5-5-5-5-|-7-7-7-7-7-7-------------------------|| |-7-7-7-7-------------------------|------------------------------------o|| |---------------------------------|-------------------------------------|| |---------------------------------|-------------------------------------|| 4/4 PM----| PM----------------------| PM------------| E S S S S E S S S S S S S S E S S E E S S S S S S S S ||------------------------------|---------------------------| ||------------------------------|---------------------------| ||o-----------------------------|---------------------------| ||--9---------9-----------------|---------------------------| ||o-7---------7-----------------|---------------------------| ||----0-0-0-0---0-0-0-0-7-7-6-6-|-0-0-0-0-7-----------------| ||------------------------------|-----------1-1-1-1-4-4-4-4-| PM----| PM----------------------| PM E S S S S E S S S S S S S S E S S E E E E Q |-----------------------------|---------------------|| |-----------------------------|---------------------|| |-----------------------------|--------------------o|| |-9---------9-----------------|---------------------|| |-7---------7-----------------|--------------------o|| |---0-0-0-0---0-0-0-0-7-7-6-6-|-0-0-0-0-7-7---3-----|| |-----------------------------|---------5-5-0-1-----|| PM----------------------------------------------------------------- S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S ||----------------------------------|---------------------------------| ||----------------------------------|---------------------------------| ||o---------------------------------|---------------------------------| ||----------------------------------|---------------------------------| ||o---------------------------------|---------------------------------| ||----------------------------------|---------------------------------| ||--0-0-0-0-0-0-1-1-4-4-4-4-3-3-3-3-|-3-3-1-1-1-1-4-4-3-3-3-3-1-1-1-1-| -----------------------------------------------------------------| S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S 4x |---------------------------------|-------------------------------------|| |---------------------------------|-------------------------------------|| |---------------------------------|------------------------------------o|| |---------------------------------|-------------------------------------|| |---------------------------------|------------------------------------o|| |---------------------------------|-------------------------------------|| |-0-0-0-0-0-0-1-1-4-4-4-4-3-3-3-3-|-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-----|| Q E Q Q E Q E Q Q E Q E Q Q E H H ||---------------|--------------|--------------|------------|| ||---------------|--------------|--------------|------------|| ||o--------------|--------------|--------------|-----------o|| ||---------------|--------------|--------------|------------|| ||o--------------|--------------|--------------|-2----3----o|| ||-----3-2-------|--------------|----3-2-------|-2----3-----|| ||--0-------3--0-|-5--3-0--1--1-|-0-------3--0-|-0----1-----|| PM| PM----------| PM PM PM| PM--| E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E 4x ||------------------|-----------------|-----------------|-------------------|| ||------------------|-----------------|-----------------|-------------------|| ||o-----------------|-----------------|-----------------|------------------o|| ||------------------|-----------------|-----------------|-4-4-4-4-5-5-5-5---|| ||o-------5-4-------|-----------------|-------5-4-------|-2-2-2-2-3-3-3-3--o|| ||--2-----3-2-------|-------5-7---4---|-2-----3-2-------|-2-2-2-2-3-3-3-3---|| ||--0-0-0-----0-0-0-|-0-0-0-3-5-0-2-0-|-0-0-0-----0-0-0-|-------------------|| W +Q. E E E Q |----------|----------------| |----------|----------------| |----------|----------------| |----------|----------------| |-2--------|-(2)------------| |-2--------|-(2)---7-7---3--| |-0--------|-(0)---5-5-0-1--|

i will tab the solo soon.

Quote:
argh fkn gorguts