MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Bass Zone

Old 2006-08-02, 03:34
Zionist
My Ass, Your Face

My Ibanez SR405

On my Ibanez SR405 bass, because it's active, it has a place for a 9v battery which gives it good tone. The problem is my bass sounds like crap right now because the battery in the back is dead and I can't get it out to change it. I've tried just about everything and I can't get it open. the back of it is pretty banged up from me sliding knives in the crease to try and get it open. Any tips?
Wore her out before I could finish(which im grateful for)

Funeral Mulch; My brutal death metal band from West Michigan.

Old 2006-08-02, 03:47
Blood Red Bass
Post-whore

Interesting, my SR 405 had that same problem. I only found out about it after i sold it to my uncle though, haha. Try turning the bass with the strings facing the ceiling and give it a good shake after you take the screws out. If you are gonna try to pry it open you should probably use a thin screwdriver, not a knife....cause...it can like....cut stuff. Plus a screwdriver gives you stronger leverage when you are trying to pry something than a knife would.
Compare these people to the norm, say, Muhammed Suiçmez for instance who seems to think that lots of poorly strung together riffs spaced awkwardly around fancy monotonous sweeps covers up the fact that his ideas and songs are really quit boring.

Old 2006-08-02, 03:53
Zionist
My Ass, Your Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood Red Bass
Interesting, my SR 405 had that same problem. I only found out about it after i sold it to my uncle though, haha. Try turning the bass with the strings facing the ceiling and give it a good shake after you take the screws out. If you are gonna try to pry it open you should probably use a thin screwdriver, not a knife....cause...it can like....cut stuff. Plus a screwdriver gives you stronger leverage when you are trying to pry something than a knife would.

Well the crease isn't big enough to slide a screwdriver into. Since nothing will work I'm taking drastic measures. I'm going to supper glue a small wooden handle to the cover, when it drys I'll pull on it till the cover pops out. How's that sound?

Old 2006-08-02, 03:58
Blood Red Bass
Post-whore

Haha, that actually soudns pretty ingenious. Maybe you could get a patent and show it to Ibanez, make their SR405 customers a little happier. Just make sure the handle wont poke you too much when you play standing up.
Compare these people to the norm, say, Muhammed Suiçmez for instance who seems to think that lots of poorly strung together riffs spaced awkwardly around fancy monotonous sweeps covers up the fact that his ideas and songs are really quit boring.

Old 2006-08-02, 04:01
Zionist
My Ass, Your Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood Red Bass
Haha, that actually soudns pretty ingenious. Maybe you could get a patent and show it to Ibanez, make their SR405 customers a little happier. Just make sure the handle wont poke you too much when you play standing up.

Well after I take the cover off definitely never put it back on. I'll just leave it off with the battery exposed, or cover it up with a small piece of duct tape. After all, nobody really sees the back of the bass when you play live.

Old 2006-08-02, 07:03
problematic
Post-whore
Banned

You could try taking the cover off.

Old 2006-08-04, 03:44
Subsonic6string
Senior Metalhead

I had the same problem with my 605...when I finally got it off (with much prying and swearing...) I took a piece of sandpaper to the edges and never had that problem again.

That, and a small wooden handle would probably have caused me much testicular anguish, as I wear my bass pretty low.

Hope this helps down the road.

Cheers

Old 2006-08-04, 05:25
Zionist
My Ass, Your Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subsonic6string
I had the same problem with my 605...when I finally got it off (with much prying and swearing...) I took a piece of sandpaper to the edges and never had that problem again.

That, and a small wooden handle would probably have caused me much testicular anguish, as I wear my bass pretty low.

Hope this helps down the road.

Cheers

Yeah, when I finally got it off by prying it off with a very thin knife, I took the electric sander to it and took a good centimeter off the plate cover. Now it comes off with ease. Btw, I got a CM sampler disc in the mail a few weeks ago and your band is on it! Wetwork I think the name is. Good job man!

Last edited by Zionist : 2006-08-04 at 05:35.

Old 2006-08-04, 09:26
Valtiel
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subsonic6string

"So often our hands get caught up in ruts of muscle memory. 'Muscle memory' is an accurate term. We get used to doing certain things, without even being aware of them. This ultimately not only shapes and therefore limits our technique, it also shapes what we compose, what we write. We end up thinking still unknowingly trapped in that box." -Adam Nitti

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bleeding
buy a stick of graphite (art stores) and rub it into your nut