MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Vocal Zone

Old 2006-07-21, 20:57
Spengler
New Blood

Tonsils?

Just wondered, what effect does having your tonsils taken out have on your growling voice. So yeah, all the growlers here - have any of you had your tonsils removed? Anyone reckon it makes a difference?

Old 2006-07-23, 02:10
Jesse244
New Blood

of course

If your getting your tonsils removed, then it will probably help. I'm assuming your tonsils are infected and unnaturally larger from it. Mine were like that and I had them removed not too long ago. You cannot, CANNOT, do ANY metal singing atal. I was able to sing classical about five days later to help my voice heal, but I immediately stopped after it started hurting. I was able to train my voice to get used to it and I took it easy. Don't smoke ciggarettes or drink alcohol. Cannabis can help the healing if you don't over do it (IE inhale enough smoke to make you cough). But, after my tonsils were removed, I had more airflow and things are alot better. My cleans are more pronounced, my growls are deeper, and my highs have never been better or louder to the discomfort of my ears lol. However, I must say this is my experience and yours could be completely different.