MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Vocal Zone

Old 2006-06-28, 02:53
Dagon
New Blood

Black Metal Singing

Hi everybody, i'm new to this forum, i am Dagon, and I would like you to help me a little bit, or give me some tips about black metal singing.
Some of the vocalists i would like to sound like are:
1-Abbath, from Immortal
2-Dead, from Mayhem
3-Dagon, Inquisition
All of these guys sound different, i also like Morpheas ex-Naer Mataron, i know that are different guys, but i would like to create a different style, so,if you want to help me, thanks!

Now Playing: Uroporfironogenodescarboxilandome Y Pustulandome Con Tu Anorgasmita Exaclorobencenosisticarial Sexo Traumatizante, of the band Paracoccidioidomicosisproctitisarcomucosis.

Itīs no joke, it is a band from Queretaro.

"By Glorifying Satan And Lucifer We Become True Enemies Of God"

Old 2006-06-28, 19:06
Unadorned
Metalhead

If you want your own style, really you need to figure out your own method.

But for a basic black metal rasp, I just make a weird face (raising cheeks into an "evil smile" kind of deal), tighten up my throat, and spit the words out with as much venom as possible. Not good for my voice, but I don't do it for more than solo projects so i don't have to do it much..

Old 2006-06-28, 20:43
Nightmare Cinema
New Blood

I dunno man, there are a lot of threads that can help you. Dont just stick to one type of scream of growl. They become monotonus, thats why i cant listen to early Cannibal Corpse beyond my hammer smashed face. But try for different things as well, once you learn to scream use a pitch shifter on your vocals on some parts of a song... not the entire song, but parts you want to really make it sound like satan. BUT DO NOT USE THEM IN EVERY SONG! You will get raped by the metal community, and even more raped by your freinds.

Old 2006-06-29, 00:55
powersofterror
I am a tax on the world..
Forum Leader

Search the forum before posting in case the topic has already been discussed.
Man, I get real sweaty after I wack my dong. Yeah, cause I headbang while I do, and I can't really "Jump" (haha ) like VanHalen in a dorm room, so I just walk back and forth....haha a couple days ago I was jumping up and down on my bed, with my pants down and my roommate came in when I wasn't looking, hahaha.

This is my band's page
http://www.myspace.com/ferocitydentontx