MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > Feedback

Old 2006-06-26, 18:44
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

forum idea..

i did a quick search and didn't really find anything..so hopefully i'm not just blind or stupid..

i noticed in the guitar forum there is a thread about pickups that got locked because topics such as pickups go in the gear/recording area.

would it not make more sense to simply trash the gear part, and just integrate gear into the other sections? ie guitar gear in the guitar section, bass etc. you could just leave the gear/recording as simply recording (including recording gear)

just seems to me it would make more sense, instead of picking through all kinds of crap about microphones and drum sticks to find something about pickups or recording (which i would think deserves its own area seperate of bass/guitar/drum/vocal gear.)

Old 2006-06-27, 03:11
sixsicsix
6 lvl 80's sucka.

i just think the bass forum need more "sticky" threads like the guitar forum does
it seems every day we have like 6 more "im buying something and im retarded LAWL!!!!1!" posts

http://hosting01.hotchyx.com/adult-...pad_and_pat.jpg

Old 2006-06-27, 12:13
problematic
Post-whore
Banned

Maybe your thinking is right, But the Gear forum is massive, which if you merged everything, Would make the musician forums extremely cluttered. Especially the Guitar forum, which gets enough shit anyway.

Old 2006-06-27, 12:39
*insert name here*
Jono

Dont touch my gear forum.

Old 2006-07-01, 15:38
kurt:ellis
Metalhead

I'd say the forums are fine as is.. It's the dumb bastards that post their shit in the wrong forum

Old 2006-07-01, 19:20
Dissection
bugfucker strikes back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xgrafcorex
would it not make more sense to simply trash the gear part, and just integrate gear into the other sections? ie guitar gear in the guitar section, bass etc. you could just leave the gear/recording as simply recording (including recording gear)

Logically, it DOES make more sense.
But the fact that you'd have guitar and a million gear questions packed together, you'd never find anything, and you'd just have people repeating questions because they'd get frustrated looking for topics.

Basically what I'm saying is "no, things work how they are."

Awesome.

Old 2006-07-01, 19:36
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

He doesn't seem to know that this is the way things were back in the Dark Ages, when literacy was deemed superfluous, discussions of Metallica's selling out were ubiquitous, tabs were few and horses went unshoed. Categories being what they are, none of them are going to work, but the ones we have now work better than the ones you propose.

If, on the other hand, we suddenly created a Gear Parent Forum, separate from the existing Musician Parent Forum, and in that Gear Parent put Guitar, Bass, Drum, and Recording Children, some of the mess might be cleared away. But that would be a monumental pain in the ass, and hardly necessary as it's not too hard to find what you want in the Gear Forum as is, especially if you know how to use the search function.

Old 2006-07-03, 03:53
Dissection
bugfucker strikes back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PST 88
If, on the other hand, we suddenly created a Gear Parent Forum, separate from the existing Musician Parent Forum, and in that Gear Parent put Guitar, Bass, Drum, and Recording Children, some of the mess might be cleared away. But that would be a monumental pain in the ass, and hardly necessary as it's not too hard to find what you want in the Gear Forum as is, especially if you know how to use the search function.

Yes, and then more mods to police said areas, considering one person probably couldn't do it all that well.

Until things are proven to be dysfunctional (such as Free Speach; we all see how THAT turned out), they stay how they are, end of discussion.

Awesome.