MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Vocal Zone

Old 2006-06-11, 23:12
mikez0
New Blood

Good Microphone?

Hey.
Some friends and I are starting a band and I will be singing in it. I was wondering what a good microphone to start off with would be? We will be doing music like children of bodom and lamb of god, as well as some speed metal. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Sorry as, this is my first post.

Thanks.
Mike.

Old 2006-06-11, 23:30
powersofterror
I am a tax on the world..
Forum Leader

Sennheiser. Or get a crappy mic, and re-wire it to sound as good as sennheiser.
Man, I get real sweaty after I wack my dong. Yeah, cause I headbang while I do, and I can't really "Jump" (haha ) like VanHalen in a dorm room, so I just walk back and forth....haha a couple days ago I was jumping up and down on my bed, with my pants down and my roommate came in when I wasn't looking, hahaha.

This is my band's page
http://www.myspace.com/ferocitydentontx

Old 2006-06-12, 02:16
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikez0
Hey.
Some friends and I are starting a band and I will be singing in it. I was wondering what a good microphone to start off with would be? We will be doing music like children of bodom and lamb of god, as well as some speed metal. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Sorry as, this is my first post.

Thanks.
Mike.

What for just like jamming out and playing shows live mic for vocals? SM 58. Or the SM58 beta cause it has an on off switch.
You can get them on ebay cheap.
...Its very annoying to keep having to hear some socially-disabled teen come on these boards talking about all the drugs he's started doing so that he can maybe grasp onto some kind of positive response so he feels better about himself and what he's doing.
About requiem. Aint it the truth...

Old 2006-06-12, 07:06
problematic
Post-whore
Banned

If you're just going to be singing then the Shure 58 is the way to go. I got myself the Shure 57a, so I can record guitar and other instruments on it. Have a look at the Shure website, for mic specs and whatnot.

I got mine on ebay and no I don't call $180 AU cheap. But then again retail they are $350 I beleive.

But they're fucking good.

Old 2006-06-12, 15:52
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by problematic
If you're just going to be singing then the Shure 58 is the way to go. I got myself the Shure 57a, so I can record guitar and other instruments on it. Have a look at the Shure website, for mic specs and whatnot.

I got mine on ebay and no I don't call $180 AU cheap. But then again retail they are $350 I beleive.

But they're fucking good.

Well hopefully for his sake he doesn't live on the other side of hte globe I bought both the 58 and 57 on ebay at the same time for 75 dollars including shipping.

57 isn't too shabby at recording guitar or other things. Just requires a lil miking know how. (to get something pretty decient)
...Its very annoying to keep having to hear some socially-disabled teen come on these boards talking about all the drugs he's started doing so that he can maybe grasp onto some kind of positive response so he feels better about himself and what he's doing.
About requiem. Aint it the truth...