MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Vocal Zone

Old 2006-05-28, 03:12
Lillums6969
New Blood

what style is this considered?

before you flame me i did search about this-
hey guys, ive been searching around here and im not sure what style this screaming is considered in the song numchucknorris by moorland on purevolume.com/moorland

if anyone could tell me what it is and if it requires anything in particular to be done differently than say 'guttoral' screams etc. then you have my many thanks

Old 2006-05-28, 03:42
Transient
HES BAAACK

ill tell you how to do it

bend over and take it like an inmate

generic hardcore forced garbage.

Old 2006-05-28, 04:24
MorbidGuitar
Post-whore

its called "The little em0 boy scream"

also known as the "I wear too much hair gel scream"

Old 2006-05-28, 06:53
Lillums6969
New Blood

anyone care to offer a bit more information on my actual question rather then referring to it as 'garbage' and 'emo'?
otherwise, if anyone knows any other forums more geared towards that [i know moorland isent exactly metal] let me know because this is about the only forum i can find on screaming.

Last edited by Lillums6969 : 2006-05-28 at 06:58.

Old 2006-05-28, 10:24
The.Jester.Race
New Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transient
ill tell you how to do it

bend over and take it like an inmate

generic hardcore forced garbage.

rofl

Old 2006-05-28, 14:23
mortpayne
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillums6969
anyone care to offer a bit more information on my actual question rather then referring to it as 'garbage' and 'emo'?

No.

Old 2006-05-29, 00:01
newHELLonEARTH
slack as fuck

Quote:
any other forums more geared towards that

http://www.dobi.nu/emo/

Fucking on the couch while posting on Metaltabs and getting caught by your mother....

Priceless!

Old 2006-05-29, 01:07
MorbidGuitar
Post-whore

who the hell keeps deleting my posts??????

Old 2006-05-29, 06:03
Lillums6969
New Blood

lol that link was funny.

well does anyone like unearth, whatabout them?

Old 2006-05-29, 23:45
mrmastodon32690
New Blood

Hmmm.

It's definitely a metalcore twist.

I think many people have their heads up their ass and need to expand their horizons. It's a form of metalcore. The fact is, the emocore/hardcore/metalcore genre was evolved from Thrash and Punk bands, so if you're a Slayer or Megadeth fan, you shouldn't be dissing it. Dave Mustaine approved the newest Norma Jean album as 'A Work of Metallic Art'.

If you like it, try listening to

-Poison the Well
-Norma Jean
-Between the Buried and Me

Last edited by mrmastodon32690 : 2006-05-29 at 23:47.

Old 2006-05-30, 00:00
Transient
HES BAAACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmastodon32690
It's definitely a metalcore twist.

I think many people have their heads up their ass and need to expand their horizons. It's a form of metalcore. The fact is, the emocore/hardcore/metalcore genre was evolved from Thrash and Punk bands, so if you're a Slayer or Megadeth fan, you shouldn't be dissing it. Dave Mustaine approved the newest Norma Jean album as 'A Work of Metallic Art'.

mustaine also didnt want to share with stage with dissection cause they're anti-religion. i really respect HIS opinion.he fully understands what metal is about these days

Old 2006-05-30, 00:19
mrmastodon32690
New Blood

I'm sorry, I can't tell if it's sarcasm since there is no vocal tone in typed words.

Old 2006-05-30, 00:36
Transient
HES BAAACK

its bitter sarcasm intended to reflect my distaste for mustaine. if his opinion on metal is so skewed as to prohibit playing on the stage as dissection his recommendation means absolutely nothing to me. so far as to actually take his recommendation as a kiss of death

Old 2006-05-30, 00:40
mrmastodon32690
New Blood

alright. well, that's your opinion. my point was, that metalcore is a good genre, "pure" or "unpure" as far as metal goes. I just don't see why it's hated on so much, but i respect your opinion

Last edited by mrmastodon32690 : 2006-05-30 at 23:54.

Old 2006-05-30, 07:42
Requiem
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidGuitar
who the hell keeps deleting my posts??????

You?

Old 2006-05-31, 21:57
newHELLonEARTH
slack as fuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmastodon32690
alright. well, that's your opinion. my point was, that metalcore is a good genre, "pure" or "unpure" as far as metal goes. I just don't see why it's hated on so much, but i respect your opinion

it's hated on because, no matter what it was influenced by.. it sucks.

Fucking on the couch while posting on Metaltabs and getting caught by your mother....

Priceless!

Old 2006-05-31, 22:09
ImBored
Supreme Metalhead

why do people on this site always flame out against stuff that isnt necessarily death or thrash etc? Its not called DEATHMETALTABS.COM or shit its metaltabs.com. Its just a little annoying when someone posts something like, maybe concerning metalcore, and the threads devolve in to a discussion about how they shouldnt like it.

God damn

Old 2006-05-31, 22:26
newHELLonEARTH
slack as fuck

Ehh, I guess I'm being a little ignorant, but I'm not saying Death and Thrash are the only good metal genres, I'm not gunna bash everything that's not brutal, but goddamnit I just really hate metalcore.

Priceless!

Old 2006-06-08, 19:52
Lichmistress
New Blood

Agreed.
But before you diss any genre of metal(except numetal), just remember that its better than everything else.

Old 2006-06-09, 08:05
The.Jester.Race
New Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lichmistress
Agreed.
But before you diss any genre of metal(except numetal), just remember that its better than everything else.

o0?

Old 2006-06-09, 14:38
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Here we go again.... so the flames rise again.

Well anyways that voice is easily done with practice. Its all the good ol "sucking in air" technique. On top of that some parts it sounds like he is cupping the mike. I personally don't care for the genre or style of music. I don't like it mostly because its the same crap you hear everywhere and it never clicked with me. But thats besides the point.
...Its very annoying to keep having to hear some socially-disabled teen come on these boards talking about all the drugs he's started doing so that he can maybe grasp onto some kind of positive response so he feels better about himself and what he's doing.
About requiem. Aint it the truth...

Old 2006-06-09, 17:44
Unanything
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transient
its bitter sarcasm intended to reflect my distaste for mustaine. if his opinion on metal is so skewed as to prohibit playing on the stage as dissection his recommendation means absolutely nothing to me. so far as to actually take his recommendation as a kiss of death

I hate that cunt Mustaine. He needs to end up like one of those 'human exhibitions' you saw every now and then in the Playstation 1 version of Doom, especially in the Doom II section. Mustaine's music is crap and he's a moody fuck that has had tons of drug and alcohol problems that shows that he's just crap. And he's still fucking bitter about being kicked from Metallica, who suck too.

Broaden your motherfucking horizons? Mustaine could do with a bit of that. Then his 'emocore' endorsement would probably end. And Nodveidt would find a letter of apology on his doormat. Or in his prison pidgeonhole if he decides to get 'regretless' again.

www.garageband.com/tranxnart
www.myspace.com/tranxnart
www.youtube.com/user/Tranxhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while fucking you in the eye. Brutal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridadude
I coated the end of a toothpick with Satan's blood and simply wiped it across the top of an omelet. PERFECT!

Last edited by Unanything : 2006-06-09 at 17:46.

Old 2006-06-29, 19:00
Lillums6969
New Blood

thanks tmfreak!
and i wanted to add that moorland opened for chiodos, and today it dies last month and are playing with norma jean and between the buried and me in july. i just thought that was interesting! anyways thanks

Old 2006-07-04, 04:00
Valtiel
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
thanks tmfreak!
and i wanted to add that moorland opened for chiodos, and today it dies last month and are playing with norma jean and between the buried and me in july. i just thought that was interesting! anyways thanks

And, Dying While Drowning in a River My Own Sorrow are opening the whole show! Bring your razors!
"So often our hands get caught up in ruts of muscle memory. 'Muscle memory' is an accurate term. We get used to doing certain things, without even being aware of them. This ultimately not only shapes and therefore limits our technique, it also shapes what we compose, what we write. We end up thinking still unknowingly trapped in that box." -Adam Nitti

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bleeding
buy a stick of graphite (art stores) and rub it into your nut

Old 2006-07-05, 05:21
Lillums6969
New Blood

what

Old 2006-07-05, 14:47
Valtiel
Supreme Metalhead

"So often our hands get caught up in ruts of muscle memory. 'Muscle memory' is an accurate term. We get used to doing certain things, without even being aware of them. This ultimately not only shapes and therefore limits our technique, it also shapes what we compose, what we write. We end up thinking still unknowingly trapped in that box." -Adam Nitti

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bleeding
buy a stick of graphite (art stores) and rub it into your nut

Old 2006-07-18, 20:40
Lillums6969
New Blood

roflmfao