MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Metal > Bands

Old 2002-08-26, 21:04
slayme_returns
BUY OUR FIRST RELEASE $5
Alumni Staff

Metallica - St. Anger Discussion

Ok mods before you automatically delete, at least read what i'm gonna say.

A few things up front before I launch into anything. It's really childish but if I don't say any of this, this thread will go straight into the fucking toilet:

1. This isn't a Met bashing thread so those that are prone to do so don't bother posting ruining the thread for the members.

2. None of the "metallica isn't metal", "metallica is gay", "metallica sold out", "metallica are greedy". Thats not what the thread is about.

3. This thread is solely about Metallica's forthcoming album, speculation on said album, reactions from fans/non fans, how this album will affect the metal world etc.

Alright, as long as you're still with me remain open minded. As of recently I've sort of come to terms with the Metallica deal(and this is the only time I'll mention any of this). I listen to 'em on a regular basis once again and I've been giving the Loads a spin or two every now and then sort of analyzing them and liking some of it.

I've been following the progress of the new album since Metallica.com put up the New Album section on their site called Jump in the Studio. It's updated everyday, with messages from the band and webmaster, videos(often up to 15 minutes in length)of them in the studio explaining whats goin on and even showing new material to the fans. The Met boys also read the bulletin board that came along with the New Album section in the website and I gotta say, its pretty damn cool. They'll talk in the web videos about shit they saw on the message board, and address questions asked, rumors started and any other thing they decide to talk about.

I feel like a kid again waiting for this album to come out, and after hearing bits of new material through the video it sounds like music I'd listen to and that after all is what's important right? Right.

Now, I'm not on here to shove Metallica up your fuckin ass or anything, I just kinda wanted to get that off my chest.

Onto the new album:

There's a couple things I was thinkin about last night that were interesting.

Metallica hasn't put studio album out since 1997, upping the hype factor 1,000,000%:

What's gonna be interesting is how people embrace it, because like it or not there are a bunch of people that no matter how much they badmouth this band will be there to pick up a copy. See, from here you can go on and on about Metallica sold out this and they're not metal which is what usually happens but I find this fact mentioned above completely fascinating. I've never seen a band with that much charisma, like it or not.

We are in the age of albums leaking months ahead online:

I think the question on everyone's mind is, "How are they going to react when it leaks?" Will it happen? I'd say there's a 99% chance it does but...Metallica seems bulletproof at times and very secure and secretive. Then again, EVERYTHING LEAKS. Typical response to the "how are they goin to react" question- "They'll sue everyone." Here's the deal, every band is fucking pissed off when their album leaks, it spoils the release. it's a bummer for the band that everyone had a copy before they wanted 'em to. Fuck, i'm guilty of this quite often

Thats pretty much all I wanted to throw out there for now. I'm hoping this thread allows people to throw their opinions in about the new record and its impact on everything.

sorry about the constrictive environment but i don't think the mods will let it be a free for all.

Last edited by slayme_returns : 2003-03-04 at 18:15.

Old 2002-08-26, 21:09
Gigantic Penis
Post-whore

even though im not really that much of a met fan at all (i havent listened to any of the 3 met CDs i own for years). ill probably buy it the day it is released...........

"I guess it all works out in the end"
"Yeah, the REAR end."

-Beavis and Butt-head

Old 2002-08-26, 21:30
memnoch
The Devil
Alumni Staff

I'm gonna wait until i hear most, or maybe all of the new cd before i decide to buy it or not. I've been greatly disappointed with they're last 10 years of music (thank god i didn't buy any albums)....so i'm not ready to trust them and buy the thing the day it comes out.....i'm gonna wait till a poor sap i know buys it, then i'll give it a try. If it sounds good, i'll get it.......but i'm not getting my hopes up.
Justice the founder of my fabric moved
To rear me was the task of power divine
Supremest wisdom, and primeval love
Before me things create were none, save things
Eternal, and eternal I endure
All hope abandon, ye who enter here

Against the concert of the Immortals he cannot stand alone.

Old 2002-08-26, 21:54
Darkenelf
Supreme Metalhead

re

what's the title called?

Join the hordes!!

Old 2002-08-27, 00:19
OpethRules
Supreme Metalhead

I'm looking foward to it, I think it's gonna be good.

Fender0823: ok here's a good one.........
Fender0823: what if u could have all the babes u wanted in ur bed, but once a month u had to wear a shirt in public that said "I like my men in short shorts" would u do it
Fender0823: :-X god im scary
Fender0823: lol
Fender0823: this is what alcohol does to me.
Ulimnar: hell yeah i would, lol, that'd be hilarious
Fender0823: lmfao!!!!!!!
Fender0823: hahahahahahaha
Fender0823: can i put this in my sig on metaltabs
Fender0823: lololol
Ulimnar: but I'd also carry a gun for any homos that took it seriously

"Wally Leaves us officially" - Ulimnar: lol I think it'll work now...goodbye man
Ulimnar signed off at 10:09:37 PM.

Old 2002-08-27, 01:24
walpurgis
Drunken Yeti God
Alumni Staff

I'll at least check some songs out on it. Does anyone know if they're staying the way they've been on Load and Reload?

I never fucked a 10, but one night I fucked five 2's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBehemoth
You really have no dignity. I would rather have sex with my fifty year old father.

Old 2002-08-27, 01:33
atifman
Forum Leader
Forum Leader

well Lars said that they weren't. check out the last metallica discussion we had (about the new ja rule song), i quoted something he said about that.

Old 2002-08-27, 01:52
slayme_returns
BUY OUR FIRST RELEASE $5
Alumni Staff

he's been sayin its alot less bluesy like the Load albums. From the small pieces I've heard, he's right.

of course, practically everything is blues based anyway in one way or another.

Old 2002-08-27, 10:05
memnoch
The Devil
Alumni Staff

I suppose we'll just have to wait for the final product and see for ourselves.

Old 2002-08-27, 23:45
Trendkill_420
Post-whore

i'd like to hear it.
James and Kirk are very talented guitarists and it seems james has been experimenting with singing moreso than the pre-black album days.

I'm optimistic.
No religion too,
Imagine all the people
living life in peace...

Old 2002-08-28, 05:20
warnerve92

Quote:
Originally posted by slayme_returns
he's been sayin its alot less bluesy like the Load albums. From the small pieces I've heard, he's right.

Where did you hear these small pieces?

Old 2002-08-28, 08:54
slayme_returns
BUY OUR FIRST RELEASE $5
Alumni Staff

watch the studio vids they have up over metallica.com

Old 2002-08-30, 01:54
slayme_returns
BUY OUR FIRST RELEASE $5
Alumni Staff

this is interesting

Lars posted this comment on the site today

LARS (08/29/2002 5:26:00 PM)
Hey it's Lars checking in on the way out. We had a nice ugly day in the studio. Lot's of nastiness and misery. I'm psyched! BTW, I think Kirk's Meshuggah comparison is a little limiting. I hear shades of Hatebreed and Entombed in there also. It is really starting to come together, man. The couple 2-3 things we've been working on this week, we've taken a few steps further than the earlier stuff, and it feels a bit good. We are gonna chill for a long weekend, so we will catch up on the sick shit and despair on Tuesday again. Y'all be good, c-ya in a bit, THE ELF(aka Lars)

Old 2002-08-30, 02:30
mrweijia
Post-whore

wow, maybe they've hit the right path. i just hope its better than their last album. that;d be good.

Old 2002-09-02, 02:53
Head_split_Open
Metalhead

cant fucking wait for the album to come out, i dont care what people think about them (or think about me for liking them), but Metallica (in my opinion) are fucking awesome. I loved every single album (even load and reload).... and i really dont understand why people say they sold out when the made those albums... i mean, i can see how they probably got bored playing the same style of music for so long, id get bored too... just experimentation i'd say it is...but yeah. cant wait for the new album to come out...

Old 2002-11-11, 03:15
danzig
Metalhead

NEW ALBUM

I WILL BUY IT, PROBABLY, I MEAN, EVEN LOAD AND RE-LOAD HAD ONE OR TWO GOOD SONGS, METALLICA, WHETHER YOU LIKE THEM OR NOT, IF YOU SEE THEM LIVE, THEY ROCK, THEY ARE ON BAND THAT HAS AN UNBELEIVABLE STAGE PRESENCE. THEY WERE MY FAVORITE BAND, THEN I HEARD SLAYER!!!
****************************************************************************************** ****************************************************************************************** ****************************************************************************************** ****************************************************************************************** ******************************

Old 2002-11-11, 03:19
danzig
Metalhead

METALLICA

ONE MORE THING: IT'S HARD TO SAY THEY SOLD OUT, OR DIDN'T AN ARTIST HAS THE RIGHT TO CHANGE MUSIC, PERSONALLY I THINK THATS WHAT A SIDE PROJECT IS FOR BUT ANYWAY LOOK AT PANTERA, THEY CHANGED FROM THIER POWER METAL IN THE 80'S TO SORT OF A STANDARD METAL SOUND IN THE 90'S.
(OLD METALLICA IS STILL BETTER THOUGH) BUT HEY, GARAGE INC. ROCKED THOUGH IT WAS COVERS.
METAL RULES!!!

Old 2002-11-11, 03:33
mrweijia
Post-whore

Re: METALLICA

Quote:
Originally posted by danzig
ONE MORE THING: IT'S HARD TO SAY THEY SOLD OUT, OR DIDN'T AN ARTIST HAS THE RIGHT TO CHANGE MUSIC, PERSONALLY I THINK THATS WHAT A SIDE PROJECT IS FOR BUT ANYWAY LOOK AT PANTERA, THEY CHANGED FROM THIER POWER METAL IN THE 80'S TO SORT OF A STANDARD METAL SOUND IN THE 90'S.
(OLD METALLICA IS STILL BETTER THOUGH) BUT HEY, GARAGE INC. ROCKED THOUGH IT WAS COVERS.
METAL RULES!!!

sabbra caddabra was horrible. and i wouldnt really call pantera "standard" metal, since what the major record companies call "metal" isnt as heavy

Old 2003-01-17, 08:27
warnerve92

So whats the latest on this new album??

Old 2003-01-17, 13:46
slayme_returns
BUY OUR FIRST RELEASE $5
Alumni Staff

They're almost done recording/writing and it's supposed to surface around springtime, April or May.

They were just kickin back goin with the flow, but now with the upcoming shows they're committed to they have to set a deadline for themselves.

Old 2003-01-18, 04:06
Piper5150
Senior Metalhead

i heard some of the samples and i cant wait either im like physced, ima like sit down with it when i get it and learn ever friggin note on it lol

Old 2003-01-18, 07:57
reign in blood
Metalhead

the new metallica songs are already leaking i have 3 or 4 of them. they aren't anything spectacular, but metallica is starting to step in the right direction again i even heard a riff or two reminiscent to the kill em all days

Old 2003-01-18, 14:13
MetalPoldi
Post-whore

I wait till it's done.
But i'd prefer, if they play a bit harder again.
I think i'll check this vid on metallica.com.

Old 2003-01-19, 02:03
powersofterror
I am a tax on the world..
Forum Leader

if what you guys are saying is right, then i hope damn well
that it happens with sepultura as well. they need to lose their
singer, and get a new one, and play more like before chaos a.d.
ruined it. and about met., i can only say one thing: to me, they
are just a "radio band", meaning the only time i care for them is
if one of these days i turn on the radio. any other time, no i don't
really care.
Man, I get real sweaty after I wack my dong. Yeah, cause I headbang while I do, and I can't really "Jump" (haha ) like VanHalen in a dorm room, so I just walk back and forth....haha a couple days ago I was jumping up and down on my bed, with my pants down and my roommate came in when I wasn't looking, hahaha.

This is my band's page
http://www.myspace.com/ferocitydentontx

Old 2003-01-19, 18:49
slayme_returns
BUY OUR FIRST RELEASE $5
Alumni Staff

Quote:
Originally posted by reign in blood
the new metallica songs are already leaking i have 3 or 4 of them. they aren't anything spectacular, but metallica is starting to step in the right direction again i even heard a riff or two reminiscent to the kill em all days

No songs have leaked. The songs you have are from other bands mislabeled as new Met.

Old 2003-01-19, 22:02
sanderinos
Post-whore

That mislabelling has happened before yes, and I Dissapear leaked like half a year before the release. I´m sure that it will dissapoint, since (like you said Slayme) its completely hyped. And i´m not negative because I hate Metallica or something, I have all the albums.... and do think that Load and Reload weren´t that bad.

Old 2003-01-19, 23:49
OpethRules
Supreme Metalhead

METALLICA Play Surprise Show In California Parking Lot! - Jan. 19, 2003

METALLICA performed a short set this afternoon on a flatbed truck in the parking lot of the Network Coliseum in Oakland, California (the site of the much-anticipated Raiders/Titans game). Pictures and video will be posted on the group's official web site later tonight.

The surprise performance, which featured producer Bob Rock on bass alongside guitarist/vocalist James Hetfield, drummer Lars Ulrich and guitarist Kirk Hammett, included renditions of the following songs (unconfirmed):

01. Fuel
02. Master Of Puppets
03. Sad But True
04. For Whom The Bell Tolls
05. Seek & Destroy
06. Battery

Fender0823: what if u could have all the babes u wanted in ur bed, but once a month u had to wear a shirt in public that said "I like my men in short shorts" would u do it

"Wally Leaves us officially" - Ulimnar: lol I think it'll work now...goodbye man

Old 2003-01-20, 01:47
memnoch
The Devil
Alumni Staff

Garbage idiots couldn't play anything new.

Old 2003-01-20, 02:21
Bones98
Post-whore

my friend says that Meshuggah gave Metallica some influence toward their new album coming out soon...Can anyone prove that this is true?
And if it is, awesome I'm buyin the album!!!!!
I hope it comes out in Armenia or I have to buy it from another web site from another country........
80 percent of my Cd's are being mailed to me from Iran

Old 2003-01-20, 20:52
memnoch
The Devil
Alumni Staff

I can almost garentee the new Metallica is coming out in the states.....i mean, they ARE american after all.

Old 2003-01-21, 03:27
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Back up one second. Did someone say Chaos A.D. wrecked Sepultura? What the shit is that?

Old 2003-01-21, 03:48
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

im guessing hes saying that becasue of the publicity they got. I personally dont like sepultra, but i know that it is a respectable album. But when a great album comes out it tends to get spread around and become more popular. I dont think it ruins them at all, however society can ruin music but they never got realy popular at all.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2003-01-21, 05:19
PantericA
Post-whore

well back to metallica. i think that they are going to turn back a little bit to there roots and the new album will be a little more "metallish". well maybe. either way i will still want to hear the album.

Old 2003-01-21, 15:46
slayme_returns
BUY OUR FIRST RELEASE $5
Alumni Staff

I think the hype machine is really more in the hands of the people rather than Metallica themselves. They drop a few tidbits here and there about them digging Meshuggah, Hatebreed and Entombed and suddenly the average music fan, plus media are positive the new record will be some sort of mutant child of the three previously mentioned bands. Take your expectations and throw them out the window, people. I could care less what the naysayers, Metallica bashers and so called "metal purists" have to say about what this new material will sound like. It's been said before a million times, Metallica play their own game, on their own field, with their own rules.

As for the pre-Raider game gig, I just watched the performance of Battery from that on Met's website. Pretty kick ass.

Old 2003-01-21, 21:55
reign in blood
Metalhead

they are leaking out most are not the actual songs they are studio demos without the vocals put in yet

Old 2003-01-21, 22:35
Bones98
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally posted by PantericA
well back to metallica. i think that they are going to turn back a little bit to there roots and the new album will be a little more "metallish". well maybe. either way i will still want to hear the album.

Download the mp3's then go buy, I don't think you wanna take the chance of paying
14-22 dollars for a cd that is crap!!!!!!

Old 2003-01-22, 12:18
Filthgrinder
Metalhead

I cant wait till it comes out, I own all of metallica's albums and I am also one of the few metal fans that can sit down and still enjoy the load albums. The fact that they are gonna go back a bit to more of their old style is great news, the heavier the better
Let Me Erase Your Mind
Let Me Revel On Your Soul
Let Me Take You To The Depths Of Hell

Old 2003-01-22, 16:09
sanderinos
Post-whore

Well if the `NEW´ heavier style means the nu-metal bullshit they pulled with Ja Rule then I´m not buying it.... and I AM a metallica fan.

Old 2003-01-22, 16:22
joblo1978
Senior Metalhead

Metallica

Metallica had a good reputation with me that they werecked with that load crap (sorry to all the load fans but it's not my cup of tea) they're gonna have to whip out a really heavy and intriguing album to impress me once again enough to buy it.

Old 2003-01-22, 22:50
reign in blood
Metalhead

nu-metal bullshit they pulled with Ja Rule

they did shit with ja rule???? man what the fuck is up with bands that used to be good pulling shit like that, i remember how dissappointed i was when i heard kerry king did shit with s** 41 sorry i will not utter the name of such a gay band on this website

Old 2003-01-23, 00:02
slayme_returns
BUY OUR FIRST RELEASE $5
Alumni Staff

Shut the fuck up, all of you.

Metallica let Mr. Rule borrow and sample some of the early riffs that were coming out of the writing process, riffs that have probably been discarded by now. Get the fuck over it.

Old 2003-01-23, 14:58
OpethRules
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:

Metallica let Mr. Rule borrow and sample some of the early riffs that were coming out of the writing process, riffs that have probably been discarded by now. Get the fuck over it.

And it's going on some ghetto rap compilation album. It's not going to appear on either metallica's or ja rule's album.

Old 2003-01-23, 17:30
slayme_returns
BUY OUR FIRST RELEASE $5
Alumni Staff

And there ya have it.

Thanks, Opeth.

Penis- For fuck's sake it wasn't Ice Cube, it's Ice T.

Old 2003-01-25, 02:22
OpethRules
Supreme Metalhead

METALLICA Get Visit From CARLOS SANTANA - Jan. 24, 2003

METALLICA welcomed a special guest to its Bay Area headquarters, fellow San Francisco legend Carlos Santana. The guitar legend is friends with the METALLICA boys and he stopped down on Wednesday (Jan. 22), but reports of a collaboration are premature. Sources say they're just friends, and chat focused around music industry stories and comparing yesterday's music to today's music.

Santana is set to perform at the Super Bowl on Sunday (January 26), and METALLICA played an impromptu show in Oakland before the Raiders-Tennessee Titans AFC Championship game last Sunday (Jan. 19). Could a Super Bowl collaboration be a last-minute coup? The band is pro-Raiders and even have a replica of Raiders wide receiver Jerry Rice's jersey hung up in the studio.
-----------------------------------------------------------

wow, a super bowl performance of metallica and santana? I've got my doubts, but I'd like to see it.

Old 2003-01-30, 21:13
OpethRules
Supreme Metalhead

Back to the metallica discussion, I was seriously dissapointed that the super bowl rumors were false. I was hoping to hear some new shit during one of the best days of the year.

Old 2003-01-30, 21:21
slayme_returns
BUY OUR FIRST RELEASE $5
Alumni Staff

There is no way that a band that huge would've just had a small rumour going around, and manage not to be promoted in the least by the network to gain more viewers. Shit, ABC woulda been all over that to make a buck.

Whichever one of you band mods is around today, get rid of all the fucking shite that Bones98 and crew have left strewn about this thread.

Old 2003-01-31, 02:03
memnoch
The Devil
Alumni Staff

I heard Santana paid a visit to Metallica while they were in the recording studio.

This of course started a bunch of rumours about them writing a song together (which wouldn't surprise me) but apparently it's just a rumour.

Old 2003-01-31, 03:05
slayme_returns
BUY OUR FIRST RELEASE $5
Alumni Staff

Even if they did collaberate on something, you'd never see it on a Met record. When was the last time you saw a guest artist on a Metallica album?

Old 2003-01-31, 16:09
atifman
Forum Leader
Forum Leader

Quote:
Even if they did collaberate on something, you'd never see it on a Met record. When was the last time you saw a guest artist on a Metallica album?

the one guy that does the weird singing in "the memory remains" on Reload.

Old 2003-01-31, 17:43
INFILTRAITOR
Back From the Dead!
Alumni Staff

that's a woman dude, Marianne Faithful to be exact, some famous groupie bitch from the sixties!

I cleared most of the detritus out of this thread earlier, now I'm contributing to it! lol
And suck the blood of all thy race
There from thy Daughter, sister, wife
At midnight drain the stream of life;
Yet loathe the banquet which perforce
must feed thy living, livid corse ..."

-Byron- 1815 "The Giaour" Lines 755-762

Old 2003-01-31, 18:10
slayme_returns
BUY OUR FIRST RELEASE $5
Alumni Staff

Allow me to refine my earlier point. Metallica's albums are all 100% Metallica, no questions. Yeah, Marianne sang a little in Memory Remains, but I don't recall her writing any of it.

Old 2003-02-02, 19:02
atifman
Forum Leader
Forum Leader

holy cow! that's a woman?! lol, i had to download the song off KaZaa to believe it.

Old 2003-02-03, 14:12
sanderinos
Post-whore

...and don´t forget John Popper, who is a added musician whore (he appears with everyone!), who played on Tuesdays Gone.

Old 2003-02-05, 20:23
slayme_returns
BUY OUR FIRST RELEASE $5
Alumni Staff

NEW ALBUM TITLE AND RELEASE DATE

Just read the press release on the Summer tour that will include Linkin Park and Limp Bizkit and I'll be damned, it also included the new album title and release date. The new album will be called, "St. Anger" and will be released on June 10.

I don't like the idea of the Mighty Met touring with talentless hacks anymore than you guys do, but remember this is the new METALLICA ALBUM DISCUSSION THREAD, so save your bitching and whining for either the Tours/Concerts forum or another message board of your choice.

I'll say it one more time for you dense fucks out there, DO NOT DISCUSS THE SUMMER METALLICA TOUR IN HERE.

I hope we're clear now.

As for the title, I dig it. I love how new album titles take awhile to sink in, because all you have to go by are the albums that came before it and in this case the last one was 5 years ago and titled, "Re-Load" for Christ's sake. Cool title, glad to hear the album is dropping fairly soon as well.

Last edited by slayme_returns : 2003-02-05 at 20:25.

Old 2003-02-05, 21:50
memnoch
The Devil
Alumni Staff

The title seems kind of odd to me......sounds more like a street name than an album title.

Old 2003-02-06, 01:22
mrweijia
Post-whore

while on the topic of the new metallica album, would you guys even consider it to be metal? its seems more modern rock.

Old 2003-02-06, 01:45
slayme_returns
BUY OUR FIRST RELEASE $5
Alumni Staff

I'm not really sure what to call it, weijia since no one's heard it. If you're commenting on the previous few albums, you're in the wrong thread.

Old 2003-02-06, 04:26
mrweijia
Post-whore

yes i just realised that. i meant load and reload. and dorry, i didnt want to start a new thread. should i?

Old 2003-02-06, 05:23
slayme_returns
BUY OUR FIRST RELEASE $5
Alumni Staff

Start whatever you want, weijia.

Old 2003-02-07, 01:20
walpurgis
Drunken Yeti God
Alumni Staff

That sucks, I'm gonna be dead ass in the middle of boot camp when it comes out...I was hoping I'd be able to hear it when it first came out, guess I'll have to wait a while.

Is June 10th a deadset date, or can it be pushed back like Reinventing the Steel was?

Old 2003-02-07, 03:07
slayme_returns
BUY OUR FIRST RELEASE $5
Alumni Staff

There's never such a thing as a deadset date with any of these guys, although Metallica are usually fairly stable with 'em.

Old 2003-02-07, 09:54
sanderinos
Post-whore

Metallicas new album is called St. Anger (nu metal???) and they are touring the USA with LIMP BIZKIT and LINKIN PARK... says enough about the new album.....

Old 2003-02-07, 15:08
Toozey
New Blood

Don't know if anyone has already posted this.

I'm listening to a demo called A Time To Hate and basically its just like stuff from Load and Reload but more metalish.

Its available on Kazaa.

Old 2003-02-07, 16:44
slayme_returns
BUY OUR FIRST RELEASE $5
Alumni Staff

Quote:
Originally posted by sanderinos
Metallicas new album is called St. Anger (nu metal???) and they are touring the USA with LIMP BIZKIT and LINKIN PARK... says enough about the new album.....

Say what you want about the album or the album title, that's what the thread is for. But, I specifically asked that people not discuss the tour AT ALL in here. I even typed it 2 fucking times. You wanna bitch about Metallica's tour decision? Great, take it over to the tour forum, post it on another message board, or better yet, shut your fucking trap already because it's old news. All it takes is one off topic, idiotic comment to derail a thread. Do it elsewhere.

Oh, and saying the title sounds nu-metal is retarded. You might as well brand everything nu-metal if you're going to do that. I swear to fucking Christ, some of you are on this hell-bent, constant nu-metal witch hunt, it's sad.

Old 2003-02-07, 16:45
slayme_returns
BUY OUR FIRST RELEASE $5
Alumni Staff

Oh, one more thing. Those demos you have, toozey, are fake.

Just thought I'd let you know.

Old 2003-02-07, 16:51
Toozey
New Blood

That doesn't surprise me, though its definately Hetfield singing.

Old 2003-02-07, 18:04
slayme_returns
BUY OUR FIRST RELEASE $5
Alumni Staff

It's not Hetfield either. There's a place out there that has all these so called Met songs indexed and linked to the bands they actually belong to. I'll have to find it.

Old 2003-02-07, 18:57
Toozey
New Blood

This is definately Hetfield, contact me on any messenger and I'll send it to you to see what you think.

Old 2003-02-08, 10:43
Filthgrinder
Metalhead

Quote:
It's not Hetfield either. There's a place out there that has all these so called Met songs indexed and linked to the bands they actually belong to. I'll have to find it.

Ye ill try help u find it, It had all the fake song titles and who did em etc yea?
Let Me Erase Your Mind
Let Me Revel On Your Soul
Let Me Take You To The Depths Of Hell

Old 2003-02-24, 11:59
nightrider06
Senior Metalhead

all i got to say about this thread is that i hope metallica can provide some good music and i know ill be buying the cd and ive herd a few samples from the cd and i think theyre fake.

Old 2003-02-24, 15:12
Bones98
Post-whore

LARS ULRICH

Old 2003-02-24, 18:44
slayme_returns
BUY OUR FIRST RELEASE $5
Alumni Staff

Just checked the studio site for Met and the update says that something "huge" is going to happen today.

New bass player announcement?
Cover art?
Track listing?

Who knows, but I guess we'll find out today.

Old 2003-02-24, 18:49
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

ROB TRUJILLO JOINS METALLICA!!!

http://www.metallica.com/index.asp?item=710

Wow... suicidal tendencies bassist...

Old 2003-02-24, 19:03
walpurgis
Drunken Yeti God
Alumni Staff

Hetfield looks like such a douchebag in that picture...

Quote:
You really have no dignity. I would rather have sex with my fifty year old father.

Old 2003-02-24, 19:22
slayme_returns
BUY OUR FIRST RELEASE $5
Alumni Staff

Shut up bob.

Dammit def, you beat me to the post! This is great news, I'm happy for Rob.

Old 2003-02-24, 19:25
walpurgis
Drunken Yeti God
Alumni Staff

Was Suicidal Tendencies any good? I never actually listened to them...

And I can't shut up about this one dude, he looks like a 14 year old, it's just not right.

Quote:

Old 2003-02-24, 19:35
slayme_returns
BUY OUR FIRST RELEASE $5
Alumni Staff

They're not for everyone, but yeah they're good. I wasn't much of a fan myself, kind of an on and off listener.

It's good that they got someone from the old school, and from a legendary band.

Old 2003-02-25, 09:57
nightrider06
Senior Metalhead

yeh boys seen that on the site fuk hetfield looks gay hope those cunts can still play

Old 2003-02-25, 17:13
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

Quote:
They're not for everyone, but yeah they're good. I wasn't much of a fan myself, kind of an on and off listener.

It's good that they got someone from the old school, and from a legendary band.

I agree, Suicidal Tendencies is definetly not for everyone but their bassist is pretty cool, and yeah, it's good they found and old school guy and not some gay taproot bassist or anything.

Old 2003-02-26, 02:28
nightrider06
Senior Metalhead

he does look like a bit of mad cunt

Old 2003-02-28, 20:02
slayme_returns
BUY OUR FIRST RELEASE $5
Alumni Staff

Lars did a little 8 minute interview on this radio station, KISW and he dropped a few interesting bits of info on St. Anger. The clip is in streaming Real Audio format, so if you don't have it or don't want to bother with it I'll sum it up for you here.

The album will incorporate alot of the "old school" style elements, the speed, the tempo changes and whatnot.

Average song length is 7-8 minutes

June 10th is the latest possible release date, it's like a safety net. The album may actually be released earlier.

There's some pretty funny stuff at the end of the interview as well, here's the link

http://www.kisw.com/real/022503_lars/022503_lars.ram

Old 2003-02-28, 21:46
OpethRules
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Lars did a little 8 minute interview on this radio station, KISW and he dropped a few interesting bits of info on St. Anger. The clip is in streaming Real Audio format, so if you don't have it or don't want to bother with it I'll sum it up for you here.

The album will incorporate alot of the "old school" style elements, the speed, the tempo changes and whatnot.

Average song length is 7-8 minutes

June 10th is the latest possible release date, it's like a safety net. The album may actually be released earlier.

There's some pretty funny stuff at the end of the interview as well, here's the link

http://www.kisw.com/real/022503_lars/022503_lars.ram

Well even though you can't go by what Lars is saying, what he did say sounded promising. I'm still remaining optimistic about it.

Old 2003-03-01, 10:52
nightrider06
Senior Metalhead

think we should for the best, im looking forward to a oldskool metallica album

Old 2003-03-02, 01:35
OpethRules
Supreme Metalhead

Impressions on St. Anger (review from MetClub's SoWhat! magazine)

Each issue of SoWhat! has a contest. Last time, the winner was invited to Metallica headquarters to interview the band, hear the album (as it stood), and write an article in the next SoWhat! Personally, I'm suprised they let him print as much as he did, but here's what he had to say about what he heard:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jim Murphy, SoWhat! Volume 9, Number 4
I'll get right to the point; the material I heard from the new Metallica album is some of the heaviest and fastest the band has ever recorded. The drums and guitars switch from abusively fast tempos, to half-time rhythms, to full breakdowns without missing a beat. And just when you think you're safe they come back around and punch you in the face to make sure you're still paying attention. Song One [track titles are cencored] kicks off this trend. It begins with a slow bluesy guitar riff, but the blues of the clean riff are immediately cut short by a distorted "chick, chick" sound of strings being dug into. It sends the message that the guitarist has grown impatient and is ready to shed the blues to take his turn at the riff, so when the original riff returns, it's distorted and much faster. In moments, Lars' drums blast in with a fury that drives the song straight through your chest, Hetfield and Hammett both along for the ride and dueling it out with guitar harmonies. The song falls into a driving rhythm led by Lars' drums and Bob's bass, while James comes in strong, barking "you won't shine, watch your back, don't stab mine!". Just when you think you know what to expect, the song fully breaks down: the riffs and beats stop, leaving only chords and symbals resonating. James voice soars over the supporting tones confessing, "I lie to get a smile." The drums and guitars return from their brief rest and pound in syncopation with Hetfield's interrogation, "How sweet are you? How sweet does it get?!" The song goes out in a super-fast "chug" riff, not giving the listener a chance to forget the name of the band that just kicked his ass. Song One ends, but before I can catch my breath Lars inserts the latest version of Song Two. I'll admit, I initially think Song One will be the only song on the album with such raw aggression, speed, and power, but nothing could be further from the truth. Song Two begins with a stop-time intro, full of guitar chugs and snare hits, that scream of the power this song has. Not only musically does this tune stand out, but also it has some of the most powerful lyrics and melodies of any Metallica song I've ever heard. Hetfield fiercely laments looking out his window and seeing all that's gone wrong for those who "drink from the cup of denial." In the chorus his anger explodes as he barks three times over that he is, "projector, rejector, injector," before finally commanding, "I slam my gavel down!"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A little later Jim sat in on a lyric writing session. For a song that James likens to a frantic search for the meaning of why we are here, he writes, "Searching to know how not to die, dying to know where to search. You look in your closet for a monster you don't want to find." Kirk adds, "My lifestyle determines my deathstyle," a line James particularly likes and soon after records.

Old 2003-03-02, 05:57
nightrider06
Senior Metalhead

sounds promising

Old 2003-03-02, 10:08
The Doctor
Denimwearinghillbilly
Forum Leader

i'm getting optimistic about this

Old 2003-03-02, 10:36
sanderinos
Post-whore

But still I can´t figure out if they are really going back to the good old days... all I hear is ``it´s hard, agressive and fast´´ but still I´m affraid it is going to be nu-metallish... that is what everyone else (in theyre opinion) makes....

Old 2003-03-02, 11:52
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

true, but we can hope for the best.

I don't think it's going to be fantastic, and I hate the part about bob rock playing bass on the album, there's probably not any cool bassing going on, but they do have a nice bassist now, only he didn't play on the recordings

I wonder what it's going to be like, I hope it'll sound like the old stuff, but hey, maybe they've sold out and descided to do nu-metal

Old 2003-03-02, 12:02
The Doctor
Denimwearinghillbilly
Forum Leader

lets hope not

Old 2003-03-03, 23:46
slayme_returns
BUY OUR FIRST RELEASE $5
Alumni Staff

Alright fuckers, there's a new video up at the studio site. It's just them jamming with Rob on some old stuff mainly but it's also got a nice clip of all 4 of them jammin' a new tune.

I like what I hear. go check it out.

http://www.metallica.com/its/logon/logon.asp

Old 2003-03-04, 01:25
slayme_returns
BUY OUR FIRST RELEASE $5
Alumni Staff

For those that don't want to watch the vid and just want to hear the clip now, here ya go.

http://www.guitar.com/artists/sound...kirk-NewMet.mp3

Old 2003-03-04, 10:46
nightrider06
Senior Metalhead

i cant seem to watch video and the audio file sounds alrite cant really judge it by wats there

Old 2003-03-04, 23:14
warnerve92

What can I say, thats a fucking cool riff. If thats any indicator of the album then cool, Im excited, but that may also be one of the most brutal moments on the album.......

Cheers for that Slayme, are there any other sound files around at all?

Old 2003-03-04, 23:43
slayme_returns
BUY OUR FIRST RELEASE $5
Alumni Staff

First off I'd like to say that Metaltabs got that clip before anyone else on the web. I had half of the Metallica board, and the www.allmetallica.com webmaster asking me for the clip, which I gave out. Blabbermouth also picked it up and ran a story on it as well, just thought you guys would find it interesting that we beat the web to the punch on this one.

There are a few other clips from other studio vids that I'm pretty sure you've already heard, but if you haven't here ya go.

http://www.allmetallica.com/multimedia/sounds.shtml

Scroll down until you see the 'samples' header, and the first two clips there are new.

Old 2003-03-04, 23:58
warnerve92

Fuck yeah.

Old 2003-03-05, 11:42
nightrider06
Senior Metalhead

this album for mes getting better and better as i hear the shit, nice work slayme keep em coming

Old 2003-03-05, 14:05
mrweijia
Post-whore

Quote:
First off I'd like to say that Metaltabs got that clip before anyone else on the web. I had half of the Metallica board, and the www.allmetallica.com webmaster asking me for the clip, which I gave out. Blabbermouth also picked it up and ran a story on it as well, just thought you guys would find it interesting that we beat the web to the punch on this one.

There are a few other clips from other studio vids that I'm pretty sure you've already heard, but if you haven't here ya go.

http://www.allmetallica.com/multimedia/sounds.shtml

Scroll down until you see the 'samples' header, and the first two clips there are new.

how did you get it so fast??

Old 2003-03-05, 16:55
slayme_returns
BUY OUR FIRST RELEASE $5
Alumni Staff

To clarify, the 23 second clip of new shit is within the new streaming video that the Studio site had put up. I was just the first one to record the stream, convert it into an mp3 file and extract the clip from it.

Old 2003-03-05, 17:23
The Doctor
Denimwearinghillbilly
Forum Leader

its funny

Old 2003-03-05, 17:32
slayme_returns
BUY OUR FIRST RELEASE $5
Alumni Staff

What's funny?