MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Vocal Zone

Old 2006-03-21, 00:54
DEATHFROMBELOW
New Blood

How is it done

Just some questions.
I play in a band. and i am the singer (or screamer). anyways, how do metal bands go through concerts screaming without losing their voice or getting a migrain, do they just pop some tylenols or what.

Old 2006-03-21, 01:50
timedragon
Legio Draconorum Orkian

i have a little trouble with "losing" my voice actually. i dont really lose it, but my growl/scream gets weaker and starts to crackle less. not sure if crackle is the word, but i know what im talking about. so id like to know how to keep it going myself man.

Old 2006-03-21, 20:32
powersofterror
I am a tax on the world..
Forum Leader

I growl not sing, but I'm fine with growling for 1-2 hours straight and not losing my voice. However, if I'm doing my slayeresque deep sort of yelling, I'll lose my voice after a few hours. Regardless, I don't get headaches from losing my voice....
Man, I get real sweaty after I wack my dong. Yeah, cause I headbang while I do, and I can't really "Jump" (haha ) like VanHalen in a dorm room, so I just walk back and forth....haha a couple days ago I was jumping up and down on my bed, with my pants down and my roommate came in when I wasn't looking, hahaha.

This is my band's page
http://www.myspace.com/ferocitydentontx

Old 2006-03-21, 21:24
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Here ya go darlin'. I listened to part of the interview on the car radio today while waiting for a long train. She says that you shouldn't use your vocal chords at all and gave some good pointers on that style of singing. She's even got a name for it.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/...storyId=5292163
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/...storyId=5043994

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!