MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Vocal Zone

Old 2006-03-14, 18:08
Unanything
Post-whore

Vox Vol

Are vocals like those of Dallas Toler-Wade and Karl Sanders normally quite quiet?
I may need to work on the volume but...
I may be doing wrong altogether.

Help, anyone?
I may be getting the technique wrong, so another question of mine would be, how do you do them?

www.garageband.com/tranxnart
www.myspace.com/tranxnart
www.youtube.com/user/Tranxhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while fucking you in the eye. Brutal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridadude
I coated the end of a toothpick with Satan's blood and simply wiped it across the top of an omelet. PERFECT!

Old 2006-03-14, 22:37
powersofterror
I am a tax on the world..
Forum Leader

Microphone volume or vocal volume? I think there've been threads on both...
Man, I get real sweaty after I wack my dong. Yeah, cause I headbang while I do, and I can't really "Jump" (haha ) like VanHalen in a dorm room, so I just walk back and forth....haha a couple days ago I was jumping up and down on my bed, with my pants down and my roommate came in when I wasn't looking, hahaha.

This is my band's page
http://www.myspace.com/ferocitydentontx

Old 2006-03-16, 17:38
Unanything
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by powersofterror
Microphone volume or vocal volume? I think there've been threads on both...

Oh sorry.

But I would like my question answered please.

Quote:
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while fucking you in the eye. Brutal.

Quote:
I coated the end of a toothpick with Satan's blood and simply wiped it across the top of an omelet. PERFECT!

Old 2006-03-16, 20:47
powersofterror
Forum Leader

So would I.
Man, I get real sweaty after I wack my dong. Yeah, cause I headbang while I do, and I can't really "Jump" (haha ) like VanHalen in a dorm room, so I just walk back and forth....haha a couple days ago I was jumping up and down on my bed, with my pants down and my roommate came in when I wasn't looking, hahaha.

This is my band's page

Old 2006-03-21, 18:27
Unanything
Post-whore

Someone, please? I've got NO ONE to consult out in this vocally talentless rural wasteland!

Quote:

Quote:

Last edited by Unanything : 2006-03-21 at 18:29.

Old 2006-03-21, 20:29
powersofterror
Forum Leader

No, they're not quiet if you're trying to ask a question of their growls, but if you're talking about the microphone it doesn't matter. If your voice it too soft but you think it sounds good, who cares? Just turn the mic up louder. Maybe you just have a skinny little neck that can't put out air like George Fisher. Lifting weights might fix this problem.

This is my band's page

Last edited by powersofterror : 2006-03-21 at 20:41.

Old 2006-03-30, 15:55
Unanything
Post-whore

Seriously?! I don't think have a skinny neck. My Adam's apple is solid and under a bit of girth.

I'm not sure the Sanders lifts weights, though.
I meant without a mic' anyway.

Quote:

Quote:

Old 2006-03-30, 20:51
powersofterror
Forum Leader

George fisher has a deep growl because he's got a fucking huge neck and upper torso. My neck is around 16 or 17, and I have no problem growling loud or with good word pron.

This is my band's page

Old 2006-04-04, 18:13
Unanything
Post-whore

I've been working on it and things have improved slightly.
It doesn't help that I live in a household that doesn't appreciate permeation by weird noises.

Its just that I can't keep that 'grind' of Toler-Wade and Sanders at high output. I should have mentioned that in the first place.

Quote:

Quote:

Old 2006-04-27, 18:17
Unanything
Post-whore

Talking

Fortunately, Powers Of Terror, I've think I've worked out my problem. I simply had to get more 'grind' from the throat as I'm more of a guttural man than a grunt man. I've also worked out how to get decent levels of treble out of it. I've also started using more input from the lungs and slacking off the throat itself a bit rather than having it right closed. I also produce the sound lower in the throat now. Or at least, I think that's the case.

It has come from listening to Aeon and Prosi' Disfigurement, when I saw them live last Saturday. Nile are still my idols though!

, Powers'!

Quote:

Quote:

Old 2006-04-27, 18:35
John Holland
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by powersofterror
Just turn the mic up louder. Maybe you just have a skinny little neck that can't put out air like George Fisher. Lifting weights might fix this problem.

The more body mass you have the more resonance your body uses. So if any of you don't lift weights, get to it!

Old 2006-04-27, 18:50
Unanything
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Holland
The more body mass you have the more resonance your body uses. So if any of you don't lift weights, get to it!

When I saw Corpsegrinder on Saturday, I noticed my build is similar to his if not even more defined and muscle is heavier than fat...

You should check the definition in my legs actually. If only woman judged by legs!

Here, dude, PM us some of that music of yours that was described by brainsforbreakfast as 'inhuman'. THAT sounds cool. It rare that you get your music called inhuman. Inhuman music is always appealing.

Quote:

Quote:

Last edited by Unanything : 2006-04-27 at 18:54.