MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Bass Zone

Old 2006-03-10, 01:21
JesterRace
New Blood

pickup arrangement + emg's

alright guys i have a few questions. Right now i have a shitty bc.rich warlock, in which i plan to install emg pickups. Now the pickup arrangment is 2 "P" pickups. I was wondering if i could install a "j" pickup and a "p" pickup? Also, im not really aware of the tonal differences between j and p pickups. Can anyone inform me? *awaits Tattered's advice*

on a side note, i bought some lite-med gauge DR lo rider strings and they sound incredible, i must recommend them!

Old 2006-03-10, 01:46
Tulvox
Post-whore

Why install EMG's on a bcr?

www.maddox.xmission.com

Old 2006-03-10, 09:23
Tunaandcheese
New Blood

i have been wanting to do the same but with 2 sets of P pickups on my mockingbird. but i'm not to sure wether to go active or passive, if i go passive i won't have to cut into the wood which makes me feel ALOT better, but then again active will give me better sound....and an emptier wallet

Old 2006-03-10, 10:27
JesterRace
New Blood

well iv actually heard bc rich's with emg's and they sound ALOT better, but that may just be my opinion, and i on;y have about $250 to blow anyway. Im definatly going active, because i want them to cut into the wood, perhaps making it slighly lighter. i know when i put emg's in my guitar it made it significantly lighter.

Old 2006-03-10, 13:08
Tulvox
Post-whore

It isn't the pickups in question, but rather the bass itself.

www.maddox.xmission.com

Old 2006-03-14, 22:29
matterthief
Metalhead

You can install a j pickup but that will require routing and leave a hole in your bass.

Make sure you leave yourself plenty of wire so when you upgrade to another bass you can reinstall your EMGs into it.

Old 2006-03-15, 00:39
JesterRace
New Blood

yea i know, im gonna tell the guitar tech that. Im much to lazy to get it installed myself, and it only costs me $20.

Old 2006-04-11, 20:27
Rattlehead
Senior Metalhead

If I was you I would save up more money, then take the 250$, the savings, and the bass to the music store and walk out with a better bass.

Why spend money on only better pickups when you can buy better pickups that come on a better bass?
I say do away with it. You can always stand in its former location if you need to make use of the perspective it gave you, but will benefit from the ability to situate yourself in different loci with ease.
Destroy the box.