Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Drums Zone

Old 2006-03-08, 20:31
band357
Metalhead

Drum sheet music... plz give feedback

Old 2006-03-08, 20:32
OpethFan
Toast-whore

Was it really needed to post this thread, dick?

Think my attitude stinks?? You should smell my fingers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB_ZE_METALLEU
yeah, one night he (BassBehemoth) came with some GHB and he put it in my drink, when i woke up....i lost my hymen....terrible

Old 2006-03-08, 20:42
band357
Metalhead

The guys over in the section I posted it told me to get you guys to post in there as welll, to get drummers input.
What, was I supposed to call you?
If there's a better option, let me know, and delete this. You guys are so uptight sometimes
*passes out beers*

Old 2006-03-08, 22:23
rabbifoodslicer
Supreme Metalhead

what about it? have none of you people ever seen real drum music???

Old 2006-03-08, 22:32
NZ black metal drumm
Post-whore

you mean some people actually write music down?

nah that will never catch on....

Old 2006-03-08, 22:57
The Execrator
Noob lud

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpethFan
Was it really needed to post this thread, dick?

It was needed you fucking prick. There is nothing wrong with making a thread in the drummers forum to get some drummers input in the specific thread. If there is something wrong, i'd like to hear it.

Was it really needed for you to make that post? No, you probably just wanted to feel like you have a degree of authority.

I'm currently learning to read sheet music, never really looked into it before. I just read regular tabs. So I can't help at this moment. Maybe when I learn a little more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.

Old 2006-03-09, 02:16
rabbifoodslicer
Supreme Metalhead

ok well the way drum tabs are written (standard ones at least) is almost exactly like drum sheet music. now reading the time signiture and rythems have nothing to do with the notation, so if thats at all what you are talking about, please specify.

ok your basics
http://img420.imageshack.us/img420/4641/untitled2cq.png

so with that, take this tab:
C -x-----------|-------------|-x-----------|
R ----xxxxxxxxx|-xxxxxxxxxxxx|-xxxxxxxxxxxx|
S ----o-----o--|----o-----o--|----o-----o--|
B -o-----o-----|-o-----o-----|-o-----o-----|

ok and here it is in notation
http://img420.imageshack.us/img420/528/20pe.png

questions?

Old 2006-03-09, 04:50
band357
Metalhead

I know how to read drum tab, if you are directing that to me, but thanks for the info anyway.
Musical notation is easier to read once you know how, though. The flags, rests, groupings, etc., make it much easier to pick everything out accurately, quickly. I just prefer it much more.

Maybe at least a stick thread or drum subforum for sheet music? Although, I think it would be good for guitarists as well. I plan on doing quite a bit of notation for metal using sheet music, and would like to contribute it here.

Old 2006-03-09, 05:38
low-tech
Post-whore

dude, you will most likely be alone in your venture coz i dont think any drummer here takes sheet music serious enough to notate really complicated songs. but i commend you on doing so, that shit is not easy.

im more a visual learner and ive total stopped reading anything but swing for the last ten years or so. not like i learn swing from a book everyday, i just have a mel bays jazz book ill pull out every now and then. and of course a rudiment book thats like a million years old<its like the hooked on phonics for the drums>

ive been tempted to take drum lessons again, really try to learn something new from someone. but i dont because i fear the teacher will notate stuff, im just so rusty at reading anything complex. i also have a distrust of teachers, my former teacher sucked, i wont get into specifics.......my longest posts here are about my former teacher and how much i disagreed with the man about everything drums

Old 2006-03-09, 13:45
rabbifoodslicer
Supreme Metalhead

oh...i must have read something wrong...sorry

well i dont think that anyone here would object to you doing so, but its somewhat impracticle. (im guessing) most people here cant read that but i would enjoy it. what program do you use?

Old 2006-03-09, 16:15
band357
Metalhead

I use Finale 2006 to notate. I use Adobe Audition to loop the music I'm notating so I can listen to it measure by measure.

And as far as complicated notation, that Ion Dissonance is about as complicated as it gets. Most metal is a lot easier and repetitive. I also do two different types of notating: archival (where every note is written out, for accuracy sake), and utility (where diddles are used, etc., for ease of reading/playing).
I guess I'll just make posts here when I've written something, so you guys can use it if you like, and ignore if not.
For those of you who don't read music, though, would you like some simple excerizes to get you into it? I've got a lot already written out, and they're pretty helpful. lol, the guitar section has excersizes galore... maybe we could post some here....

Old 2006-03-09, 18:12
rabbifoodslicer
Supreme Metalhead

cool i use finale 06 as well. id like to see some transcribed metal!!!

Old 2006-03-09, 20:43
band357
Metalhead

I'm working on some Ion Dissonance right now (I've posted a sample in the JF Richard thread), but I'll be happy to consider requests. Anything in particular? I may just start a thread for this, to take sheet music requests.

Old 2006-03-10, 13:47
band357
Metalhead

If you guys have any songs you want written out, post them over in the new thread on sheet music in the tab request forum. I'll be happy to look at some different songs and notate them.

Old 2006-03-17, 03:32
OpethFan
Toast-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Execrator
It was needed you fucking prick. .

You're right, sorry I didnt read it right.

Sorry bud.

Think my attitude stinks?? You should smell my fingers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB_ZE_METALLEU
yeah, one night he (BassBehemoth) came with some GHB and he put it in my drink, when i woke up....i lost my hymen....terrible

Old 2006-03-17, 17:27
band357
Metalhead

Ah, indeed... It's St. Patrick's Day! Have a cold one on me!