MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Guitar Zone

Old 2006-02-10, 07:59
Cyberwaste
Senior Metalhead

7-strings becoming hard to find?

Ive been looking at all the major guitar company sites & the only one that makes more than one 7-string if any is still Ibanez. This is fucked up because i will never go back to playing a 6-string as long as i live & i have a Ibanez 7-string that is not really much different than any other Ibanez 7-string. ESP only now makes the Carpenter signatures, Schecter makes a few but im not into them anymore at all since i had 2 of them & Jackson only makes the Christian Olde Wolbers signature that he doesnt deserve. I was on the B.C. Rich site looking for a V 7-string & its no where to be found, only the damn Warlock that i cant stand. I guess ebay is gonna be the only source for 7-strings companys made when they were popular or ill just have to have one made by a ESP or B.C. Rich custom shop & spend $4000 . I have a Ibanez & ESP 7-string & i wanted to add a B.C. Rich V or another ESP but it looks like im gonna have to pay out the ass for one, or buy a Ran V but they dont have the widow headstock! Only the pointy one!

RIVERS OF GORE

Old 2006-02-10, 08:05
problematic
Post-whore
Banned

Yeah I agree, Ive been looking around for a 7 string (as you may or may not know) and realised there really arent many options. BC Suck, Shecter 7 string necks look wide as fuck, Can't find any info / ordering info for Corts, Fender aren't what im looking for - - - where are my medium range options???

And on top of all that I live in Australia!

Old 2006-02-10, 12:13
philkilla
Crusher of Skulls

ran can do the widow headstock. Hell...they will do anytthing for you!!

My Trust is in WHISKEY and WEEDand SLAYER
Long live DIMEBAG
ROGspace Cunts. Book us

Quote:
Originally Posted by far_beyond_sane
You thought of mixing wheat flour with saturated fat, and putting it the resultant shit in a styrofoam cup. Shine on, you crazy dead yellow diamond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmansley
May the best cunt win.

Old 2006-02-10, 12:14
Cloaca
C-Un(i)t
Forum Leader

Probably got something to do with the nu metal fad not being as huge now as it was a few years ago. Not that I'm saying 7-strings are for nu-metal, I'm a 7-string player myself. I bet some of the guitar companies think that way.

Old 2006-02-10, 13:32
Cyberwaste
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by philkilla
ran can do the widow headstock. Hell...they will do anytthing for you!!

I didnt see the widow headstock on the site phil, whats it called?

RIVERS OF GORE

Old 2006-02-10, 14:04
powersofterror
I am a tax on the world..
Forum Leader

It's called widow headstock.
Man, I get real sweaty after I wack my dong. Yeah, cause I headbang while I do, and I can't really "Jump" (haha ) like VanHalen in a dorm room, so I just walk back and forth....haha a couple days ago I was jumping up and down on my bed, with my pants down and my roommate came in when I wasn't looking, hahaha.

This is my band's page
http://www.myspace.com/ferocitydentontx

Old 2006-02-10, 14:08
Cyberwaste
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by powersofterror
It's called widow headstock.

Not on the Ran custom shop form its not. The shapes all have different names than what they really are.

RIVERS OF GORE

Old 2006-02-10, 14:47
Six_Feet_Under_420
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberwaste
Not on the Ran custom shop form its not. The shapes all have different names than what they really are.

well, you can fill in "other" and then type next to it "widow headstock"
+-+ .....::::: Alive to Live, Not to Believe....In a God that I cannot see :::::..... +-+

Old 2006-02-10, 14:57
BEHEMOTH
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Ran V but they dont have the widow headstock! Only the pointy one!

My RAN has the widow headstock!
THey have all you want (and more )

Put in the invoice, you want a widow headstock and "they`ll listen your PRAYERS"

Old 2006-02-10, 15:41
BEHEMOTH
Senior Metalhead

If you like CRAVIN guitars, thsi one looks to be a good bid.
http://cgi.ebay.es/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...bayphotohosting

Old 2006-02-10, 16:10
Cyberwaste
Senior Metalhead

Ok i filled it out & emailed them for a price quote, how long does it usually take for them to reply?

RIVERS OF GORE

Old 2006-02-10, 16:58
BEHEMOTH
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Ok i filled it out & emailed them for a price quote, how long does it usually take for them to reply?

Today is friday, so wait until the next friday, if there isnīt a response try another time.

Best Regards,

Old 2006-02-10, 17:17
Unanything
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloaca
Probably got something to do with the nu metal fad not being as huge now as it was a few years ago. Not that I'm saying 7-strings are for nu-metal, I'm a 7-string player myself. I bet some of the guitar companies think that way.

Agreeing.

www.garageband.com/tranxnart
www.myspace.com/tranxnart
www.youtube.com/user/Tranxhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while fucking you in the eye. Brutal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridadude
I coated the end of a toothpick with Satan's blood and simply wiped it across the top of an omelet. PERFECT!

Old 2006-02-10, 18:02
HermanRi!
Post-whore

Widow Back Body

ummm...so whats that about ran not doing widow headstocks...?

Old 2006-02-10, 18:36
philkilla
Crusher of Skulls

Quote:

a few days at most...unless dariusz is really busy.

Whatever you want, send him examples (pics) of what it is...and dariusz will do it for you.

Long live DIMEBAG
ROGspace Cunts. Book us

Quote:
You thought of mixing wheat flour with saturated fat, and putting it the resultant shit in a styrofoam cup. Shine on, you crazy dead yellow diamond.

Quote:
May the best cunt win.

Old 2006-02-10, 19:15
Cosu
Senior Metalhead

you could check out the agile 7 string ( http://www.rondomusic.net/interceptor.html )
IMHO it's a steal considering the licensed floyd and the two dimarzio blaze pups that come by default.
I'm so pissed off because Rondo dosen't ship to Europe (or at least that's what they said 6months ago when I emailed them. )

Old 2006-02-10, 20:01
Six_Feet_Under_420
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosu
you could check out the agile 7 string ( http://www.rondomusic.net/interceptor.html )
IMHO it's a steal considering the licensed floyd and the two dimarzio blaze pups that come by default.
I'm so pissed off because Rondo dosen't ship to Europe (or at least that's what they said 6months ago when I emailed them. )

Those look awesome
+-+ .....::::: Alive to Live, Not to Believe....In a God that I cannot see :::::..... +-+

Old 2006-02-10, 20:15
HermanRi!
Post-whore

aanj, reverse headstock, dimarizo blades, floyd rose, flame top, 24 frets, ebony fretboard! sexy sexy sexy

its fucking damn cheap aswell!

Old 2006-02-10, 23:55
deifiler
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloaca

Yeah definately, that's the same reasoning I got from most guitar stores. I've had a hell of a time trying to find a 7 string but still can't. One of my friend's has the "Nevermore" 7 string, though I don't know what model or brand it is sorry but I'm sure you could easily find it

Old 2006-02-11, 03:03
Dyvim Tvar
Supreme Metalhead

I got a great Epi' LP 7-string for Ģ250, limited Ed, 24.75 neck but it's bloody lovely, nice, heavy body, sweet tone, chucked an EMG81-7 in the bridge sounds great! Bloody lucky find, check out all the guitar shops in your vicinty, I didn't know about mine for months! (mine is worth at least twice what I paid for it).

Old 2006-02-11, 04:07
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

I put Blaze 7s in my 7 string and I can tell you those are NOT blaze 7 pickups in that Agile guitar. No way, no how.

Old 2006-02-11, 04:16
*insert name here*
Jono

Yeah I have seen a few different Blaze designs,and it doesnt seem like one of them.

Old 2006-02-11, 04:47
Cyberwaste
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyvim Tvar
I got a great Epi' LP 7-string for Ģ250, limited Ed, 24.75 neck but it's bloody lovely, nice, heavy body, sweet tone, chucked an EMG81-7 in the bridge sounds great! Bloody lucky find, check out all the guitar shops in your vicinty, I didn't know about mine for months! (mine is worth at least twice what I paid for it).

Most guitar shops are fuckin worthless! Ill never buy anything from them again because most of the sales staff have no idea what your talking about & everything is WAY over priced!

RIVERS OF GORE

Old 2006-02-11, 05:04
*insert name here*
Jono

Dunno what guitar shops you go to,the few I go to are pretty cool.

Old 2006-02-11, 05:18
Cyberwaste
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by *insert name here*
Dunno what guitar shops you go to,the few I go to are pretty cool.

Where i live dude they all suck! The place where i take my guitars for work is 30-40 miles from where im at. Because the dude that works on them is the best around here. It just sucks i have to drive that far but the dude knows his shit, so its worth it. Look at the job he did customizing my Ibanez...

http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/5338/pickgf0mu.jpg

RIVERS OF GORE

Last edited by Cyberwaste : 2006-02-11 at 05:23.

Old 2006-02-11, 10:12
Anomalous7stringer
New Blood

I definetly have to agree with everyone's comments on here. Hell, I'm in the middle of planning out my next arrival. I'm going after another ESP M-bodied 7 string. I love the M107 I've got now with a single EMG 707 in it. But lately, I feel that I NEED another toy to play with. So if I can't take the easy way out of it, by getting another m-body and doing the George Lynch Kamikze Camo finish to it, I'm gonna spend some $$$ and probably have someone like Warmoth supply me with the all the pieces I'll need, and build it myself!!! Or do you guys think I should try someone like RAN to do it? I can guarantee that ESP will charge AT LEAST $6K for the guitar I want. And that'd take me forever to come up with... so what do you guys have in mind for this??? I'm open to suggestions.

But NOT to get off subject, but I'm noticing the same thing myself. The only 7's I see in a store are the cheap RG7321's that are cheap enough for Guitar Center to buy. GOD FORBID that they special order something that just might get them some extra commision, no???

Everywhere I go, you'll have to special order ANY KIND OF 7-string. And it kinda sucks because a lot of places tell you that once you put the deposit down, that special orders are not returnable. So this means you get stuck with a guitar you're not gonna be happy with. In MY personal opinion, I've tried just about EVERYTHING put there for 7's and wound up coming back to the ESP's. The Ibanez stuff don't impress me anymore. The Schecter Damian 7 I think would be a decent piece once you do the SIMPLE pasive-active EMG swap in it. And surprisingly, the necks on the Schecters are REALLY COMFORTABLE!!! I've always had a major dislike for Jackson since the 2 Rhodes I had gave me nothing but shit. Eventually sold both of them for my first Ibanez RG7 (7621), and the rest is history. But I think ESP NEEDS to come back out with more 7's. Especially since they have the most diverse and interseting product line yet out of everbody out there. And add to the fact that the proof of quality is in ALL the 7's they made back a few years ago that YOU JUST CAN'T FIND NOW!!!! People ar going ape-shit trying to find one. I know, I'm proof positive of it!!!!

And in the 12 years I've been playing, I've had 7 7-strings in the last 3 years out of 18 DIFFERENT GUITARS TOTAL!!! And I'm talking stuff like:
-Ibanez RG7621 w/Dimarzio Blaze's (mine was signed by Vai )
-Ibanez Universe, '91 Black and neon green
-Ibanez S7420 Custom, w/ H-S-H configuration loaded with DiMarzio's in all 3 spots (Tone Zone 7 bridge/Blaze Single middle/Air Norton 7 neck)
-Epiphone Les Paul 7 w/Tone Zone 7 in bridge
-Epiphone '58 Flying V 7-string Custom w/ EMG 707's and Sperzel locking tuners
-Ibanez RG7321, that I tried to make a Dino Cazarez custom with, but just didn't like the guitar for some reason...
-My trusty old ESP M107 Custom, that outlasted all of the other 7's I've owned. This guitar sounds so good, it's the reason why I sold the others!!!

And THIS goes out to Cyberwaste... DUDE, THAT IBANEZ OF YOUR IS SWEET!!!!!!! ALMOST LOOKS LIKE A DINO CUSTOM!!!!! Which model is that one? What are you tuned to with it? How's the neck holding up for you? Only reason I ask, is because I had one, had the EMG to transplant in it, but seemed like the neck was getting funny on me. But then again, I use Ernie Ball Power Slinky's (11-58's) tuned to A. Not drop-tuned A-E-A-D-G-B-E, but fully down tuned as in A-D-G-C-F-A-D. Started getting buzzing in the middle of the neck, evenafter doing slight neck adjustments, saddle adjustment, ect. This is yet another reason why I wanna go custom. To know it'll take what I'm giving it with a smile!!!

Anywho, I'll be posting a thread about the dream customproject I'm gonnabe starting on. Let me know what you guys think. Bye for now, Josh

Old 2006-02-11, 10:13
problematic
Post-whore
Banned

Do Rondo ship to Australia? If so the interceptor is mine!

Old 2006-02-11, 12:43
HermanRi!
Post-whore

Quote:
Where i live dude they all suck! The place where i take my guitars for work is 30-40 miles from where im at. Because the dude that works on them is the best around here. It just sucks i have to drive that far but the dude knows his shit, so its worth it. Look at the job he did customizing my Ibanez...

http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/5338/pickgf0mu.jpg

wow! thats awesome
*drools*

Old 2006-02-11, 13:51
Cyberwaste
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anomalous7stringer
And THIS goes out to Cyberwaste... DUDE, THAT IBANEZ OF YOUR IS SWEET!!!!!!! ALMOST LOOKS LIKE A DINO CUSTOM!!!!! Which model is that one? What are you tuned to with it? How's the neck holding up for you? Only reason I ask, is because I had one, had the EMG to transplant in it, but seemed like the neck was getting funny on me. But then again, I use Ernie Ball Power Slinky's (11-58's) tuned to A. Not drop-tuned A-E-A-D-G-B-E, but fully down tuned as in A-D-G-C-F-A-D. Started getting buzzing in the middle of the neck, evenafter doing slight neck adjustments, saddle adjustment, ect. This is yet another reason why I wanna go custom. To know it'll take what I'm giving it with a smile!!!

Thanks man, its a RG customized to look exactly like Dino's. I tune to A-D-G-C-F-A-D & sometimes drop G! the neck holds up just fine & i use the same Ernie Ball Power Slinkys 11-58 & get no fret buzz what so ever. Like i said in previous posts my guitar tech is awesome at setting up guitars so if it wasnt for him it probably wouldnt look, play & sound as good as it does. The thing with Ibanez 7-strings is that they are all basiclly the same guitar, even the Universe models have the exact same basswood bodies & the necks feel identical. Only difference is the fancy inlays, blaze pickups config H-S-H & the name. So people actually pay about $1000 more than they have to when they can get basiclly the same guitar for $500 without all the flashy shit.

RIVERS OF GORE

Last edited by Cyberwaste : 2006-02-11 at 14:13.

Old 2006-02-11, 18:14
Dyvim Tvar
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Most guitar shops are fuckin worthless! Ill never buy anything from them again because most of the sales staff have no idea what your talking about & everything is WAY over priced!

Heheheh, I know what you mean, most around here either have no clue or are complete cunts but I've made freinds with a few and they usually give me money off and give me free stuff

Old 2006-02-11, 23:24
Cyberwaste
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by philkilla
a few days at most...unless dariusz is really busy.

Whatever you want, send him examples (pics) of what it is...and dariusz will do it for you.

Dariusz gave me a quote, What the fuck is 1090 euros?

RIVERS OF GORE

Old 2006-02-11, 23:51
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

It's money. That is used in Europe. You didn't think the whole world used the USD did you?

Last I checked 1 Euro=1.30 USD

Old 2006-02-12, 00:02
Cyberwaste
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulinsane
It's money. That is used in Europe. You didn't think the whole world used the USD did you?

Last I checked 1 Euro=1.30 USD

I know what euros ARE dude! I wanted to know in USD what 1090 amounts to.

RIVERS OF GORE

Old 2006-02-12, 00:19
DeathCS
Wasted Custom User title

about $1400

Old 2006-02-12, 00:19
philkilla
Crusher of Skulls

it comes out to.....:1,298.89 USD

not bad...mine was about 2000 USD...

Long live DIMEBAG
ROGspace Cunts. Book us

Quote:

Quote:
May the best cunt win.

Old 2006-02-12, 00:38
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Quote:
I know what euros ARE dude! I wanted to know in USD what 1090 amounts to.

Sorry. I've just been pissed off all day and snaping at everything.

Old 2006-02-12, 17:21
Cyberwaste
Senior Metalhead

Did B.C Rich ever make a V or Jr. V 7-string?

RIVERS OF GORE