MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Vocal Zone

Old 2006-02-09, 18:22
MMartin
New Blood

Unhappy Help!...Screaming...What am I doing wrong?

Well, sorry, i know the screaming topic is brought up a lot, but what am I doing wrong? I've researched this over and over for literally hours and hours and hours and tried every technique on every forum, but theres definetly something I am doing wrong! I cant even get an actual 'scream' out, and when I try to, I usually either throw up or come close to throwing up...what am I doing wrong? I'm not that good with learning how to do something by reading and I know there is something I am misunderstanding here, Is this problem anything simililar to what any of you have experienced? This is so frustrating, I've been at this for about a month and I got nothing? Any advice? Videos? Mp3s? I'll try anything...
Thanks for your help.

Old 2006-02-11, 18:55
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Get a teacher.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2006-02-11, 19:17
Zertonshfits
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMartin
Well, sorry, i know the screaming topic is brought up a lot, but what am I doing wrong? I've researched this over and over for literally hours and hours and hours and tried every technique on every forum, but theres definetly something I am doing wrong! I cant even get an actual 'scream' out, and when I try to, I usually either throw up or come close to throwing up...what am I doing wrong? I'm not that good with learning how to do something by reading and I know there is something I am misunderstanding here, Is this problem anything simililar to what any of you have experienced? This is so frustrating, I've been at this for about a month and I got nothing? Any advice? Videos? Mp3s? I'll try anything...
Thanks for your help.

Throwing up? What the hell? You mean to tell me that when you talk really loud or scream, you start throwing up?

NECROTIC
Canadian Brutal Death (So you know it's good)

Old 2006-02-12, 20:21
Throat Crusher
Senior Metalhead

Whoa... I swear too god you posted this in the Growling/Screaming thread, keep it too one place man. Anyways... go there and read what I posted, don't feel like doing it again.

Old 2006-02-15, 15:15
timedragon
Legio Draconorum Orkian

maybe you just cant do it...
i have friends who cant. of coarse they wont prove it and try in front of me, but its their loss. like i said, if you cant do it, you just cant. the first time i tried it, it worked just the same as it does now, and that was 3 or 4 years ago. i dont think there are very many ways to do it.

Old 2006-02-15, 21:19
powersofterror
I am a tax on the world..
Forum Leader

If you can read this forum and still not get anywhere, I suggest you switch to guitar.
Man, I get real sweaty after I wack my dong. Yeah, cause I headbang while I do, and I can't really "Jump" (haha ) like VanHalen in a dorm room, so I just walk back and forth....haha a couple days ago I was jumping up and down on my bed, with my pants down and my roommate came in when I wasn't looking, hahaha.

This is my band's page
http://www.myspace.com/ferocitydentontx

Old 2006-02-18, 18:43
JacksonGuitars07
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMartin
Thanks for your help.

I've never heard of throwing up when screaming. Sounds pretty gr1m. Anyways, practice your breathing. When you inhale push your stomach out like singers do when they inhale. They exhale gutterals of doom and hope you don't taste your previous meal a second time.

Presonus Firepod - $425 shipped
Gator 4 Space Rack Case - $75 shipped
Rackmount Tuner - $75 shipped
Pacific Drum Works 5000 Double Bass Pedal - $175 shipped

Old 2006-04-07, 11:50
Young Drummer
Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by powersofterror
If you can read this forum and still not get anywhere, I suggest you switch to guitar.

if you keep throwing up you ither are very weak in the throat and need some help or maybe you should switch what your doing like powersofterror said and try this again when you dont blow chunks everytime

Old 2006-04-07, 15:13
the_bleeding
Post-whore

get your fookin tongue out of your throat. i used to do that... gives you 2 things: no volume and constant gagging. Put your tongue to the front of your mouth.
I was very bemused as a youngster watching the Golden Girls when Blanche said she was going to "spank her fanny" I had visions of a geriatric vertical bacon sandwich red and bruised from being disciplined!!!

Old 2006-04-09, 00:11
MorbidGuitar
Post-whore

hahahaha

that would be some brutal shit to see a guy literally puking vocals out during a show. Find a band, record some live video of this !!!!!!

Old 2006-04-09, 15:35
JacksonGuitars07
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidGuitar
hahahaha

that would be some brutal shit to see a guy literally puking vocals out during a show. Find a band, record some live video of this !!!!!!

Can you imagine Muhammed puking over the mic while playing Foul Body?

Presonus Firepod - $425 shipped
Gator 4 Space Rack Case - $75 shipped
Rackmount Tuner - $75 shipped
Pacific Drum Works 5000 Double Bass Pedal - $175 shipped

Old 2006-05-04, 21:02
archaicariax
New Blood

Quote:
hahahaha

that would seriously own. anyone who has seen Daughters live.. that's some sick show. they spit and hock loogies all over everyone. it's sick.

Old 2006-05-13, 23:30
MorbidGuitar
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by archaicariax
that would seriously own. anyone who has seen Daughters live.. that's some sick show. they spit and hock loogies all over everyone. it's sick.

if one of them spit on me, id jump on the stage and beat the shit outta them

Old 2006-05-16, 06:47
Cunty Shunt
Post-whore

Quote:
hahahaha

I must do this next time I play. I'll record it!!!!

P.S. why does everyone try to "learn" how to scream. JUST FUCKING DO IT.

http://www.myspace.com/jimmysband

http://www.myspace.com/pyrrhicthanatologymonger

Mr. Budd on Relapse explaining LDOH's IAHC Mcd: "It sounds like an inside-out gorilla eating 50 babies a minute."

Old 2006-05-16, 18:09
newHELLonEARTH
slack as fuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunty Shunt
P.S. why does everyone try to "learn" how to scream. JUST FUCKING DO IT.

Fucking on the couch while posting on Metaltabs and getting caught by your mother....

Priceless!

Old 2006-05-17, 12:09
The.Jester.Race
New Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by newHELLonEARTH

agreed..
i can growl but i cant scream ;<
just like almost everyone else

Old 2006-07-15, 14:32
squibee
New Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bleeding
get your fookin tongue out of your throat. i used to do that... gives you 2 things: no volume and constant gagging. Put your tongue to the front of your mouth.

Heh, I had that problem too, but I couldn't figure out why, thanks a lot man, I have tried moving my tongue out of the way and now I don't gag

Old 2006-07-23, 06:22
hell_born
New Blood

dude it sucks for me, i can scream but i cant growl.

i wanna growl goddamit!