MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Metal > Poetry Lyrical

Old 2006-02-07, 01:57
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

What do you typically write about?

I'm sure people have asked this one before, but i was thinking about it recently. What do you guys usually write about? Some you know about a member of the opposite sex, social issues, political issues, personal stuff?

I'm definately a person that devotes most of my music to exploring all of myself. Its almost selfish but in a way note: not all of my songs are about myself, i have a few social issues. mostly when i get inspired to be pissed off about something.

But i generally find myself taking an aspect with my life or personality and exploring it, which usually involves me retroactively looking at things i've done, or looking at the things that i plan to do.

you?
...Its very annoying to keep having to hear some socially-disabled teen come on these boards talking about all the drugs he's started doing so that he can maybe grasp onto some kind of positive response so he feels better about himself and what he's doing.
About requiem. Aint it the truth...

Last edited by tmfreak : 2006-02-07 at 01:59.

Old 2006-02-07, 02:08
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Yeah, there's a couple threads bopping around here about writing specifically. You might search for them, too.

I write about what you said and sometimes if I get bored writing from my own head I'll get into someone else's or something else's. There's no limit and that's what makes writing fun.

I read lyrics by people I've never heard before and sometimes that's pretty neat. Or I'll read other poets here or elsewhere on the net, professional and not. That's helped some of my verses grow a lot.

Write what you know or question what you don't.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!

Old 2006-02-07, 02:32
Tulvox
Post-whore

I write about my scrotum. I'm just that awesome.

Edit: I'm serious. Do a search.

www.maddox.xmission.com

Old 2006-02-07, 10:52
Infinity
Life is pain.
Banned

Love, Hate, Death, Betrayal, Philosophy, some Gore.

Old 2006-02-07, 15:23
cw4119
Senior Metalhead

well i've only wrote my one Fear poem, but when im done with my World History class i'll know enough to right an album full about a historical period or war. I always like linearity (spelling sorry) in separate sets of lyrics.

edit: oh and Tulvox, you are my hero. i hope one day i can be just like you and think about ballsacks enough to write a poem about them.

Last edited by cw4119 : 2006-02-07 at 15:26.

Old 2006-02-07, 18:26
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cw4119
well i've only wrote my one Fear poem, but when im done with my World History class i'll know enough to right an album full about a historical period or war. I always like linearity (spelling sorry) in separate sets of lyrics.

edit: oh and Tulvox, you are my hero. i hope one day i can be just like you and think about ballsacks enough to write a poem about them.

Thats actually a pretty cool idea. Iced Earth Did that with their Glorious Burden Cd. Apparently they are history junkies
...Its very annoying to keep having to hear some socially-disabled teen come on these boards talking about all the drugs he's started doing so that he can maybe grasp onto some kind of positive response so he feels better about himself and what he's doing.

Old 2006-02-07, 19:07
autumncurve
Post-whore

I write alot about nature. Stuff about the earth and about the things that surround us...nothing involving the modern or the mechanical. Well, other than referances to old ships here and there.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs. malicious
someone's a little behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBehemoth
I'll take you from behind!

-grindcore (featuring newHELLonEARTH)- Krossa
-"Neo-Classical Heathen Folk"- Ellylldan
-experimental/middle eastern themed/folk/ambient- Soft Temple
-experimental/post rock/downtempo- Silence Over Okhotsk

Old 2006-02-07, 20:48
Tulvox
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cw4119

It isn't just any ballsack. It is MY ballsack. And don't worry grasshopper, you too will someday be enlightened.

www.maddox.xmission.com

Old 2006-02-07, 21:42
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

There is no 'they' in Iced Earth.

Old 2006-02-07, 22:38
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Tullie said "grasshopper."
Disguising what you're writing about in metaphor can be a complex challenge. Sometimes you dig a little deeper into something than you really want to and that whoops the snot out of your writing for awhile.

Iced Earth is a single person? All I know about him/her/them is I like "!776."

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!

Old 2006-02-08, 03:06
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Indeed that is a pretty good song. They have a bunch of various songs i've enjoyed over the years. Dantes Inferno is probably one of my best. Especially the intro. I can't tell whehter they are guitars or violins. I want to say violins.. but i'll assume they aren't. Granted i don't know how you could possibly make such smooth guitar sounds.