MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > Feedback

Old 2006-01-26, 18:51
Shreddist
Supreme Metalhead

Organizing the lyrics section by genera?

Is there anyway you guys could organize the lyrics section by genera, because i think for most of us we can be really helpful in one genera, and really useless on others, it would just be easier to find the lyrics you could actually even help with. Even just making a sticky for each genera, i dont know, you guys are the masters ill leave it up to you!

Old 2006-01-26, 21:40
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

No, that's bullshit.

and what's genera? genre?

Old 2006-01-26, 23:21
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Beyond being pointless, this would also be difficult. So I'll second 'no.'

Old 2006-01-27, 01:20
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

There's thousands of "genres" (if by genre you mean topic).
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2006-01-27, 07:01
nomad
round the world
Administrator

I'm afraid the answer is no. The genre is an extremely ambiguous/subjective thing.

Old 2006-01-27, 18:37
Requiem
Post-whore

theres a lyrics section. where?

Old 2006-01-27, 19:59
newHELLonEARTH
slack as fuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXSP3LLBOUNDXXX
theres a lyrics section. where?

Poetry Lyrical.
fuck you're stupid.

Fucking on the couch while posting on Metaltabs and getting caught by your mother....

Priceless!

Old 2006-12-26, 12:23
deathxleprosyx
Senior Metalhead
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Def
No, that's bullshit.

i agree

yeah u spelled genre wrong and honestly do u know how many genre's there would be

Old 2007-01-02, 19:08
Chris Rezendes
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Def
No, that's bullshit.

Genera is the plural form of genus, which constitutes the first of the binomial nomenclature under which we scientifically categorize all living things.

Genus is the like the first name in Eastern cultures or the last name in Western cultures, with species being the less important first name. Genera are always capitalized, species are never capitalized. Both genera and species should always be italicized in the case of electronic writing, with the exception that the rest of the work is italicized, in which case genera and species are specifically not italicized. In the case of hand written work, genera and species names should be underlined.

Example- Cannabis sativa.

Cannabis is the genus, and sativa is the specific member of the genus Cannabis, aka species name.

Old 2007-01-02, 21:57
Blood Red Bass
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Rezendes
Genera is the plural form of genus, which constitutes the first of the binomial nomenclature under which we scientifically categorize all living things.

Genus is the like the first name in Eastern cultures or the last name in Western cultures, with species being the less important first name. Genera are always capitalized, species are never capitalized. Both genera and species should always be italicized in the case of electronic writing, with the exception that the rest of the work is italicized, in which case genera and species are specifically not italicized. In the case of hand written work, genera and species names should be underlined.

Example- Cannabis sativa.

Cannabis is the genus, and sativa is the specific member of the genus Cannabis, aka species name.
Compare these people to the norm, say, Muhammed Suiçmez for instance who seems to think that lots of poorly strung together riffs spaced awkwardly around fancy monotonous sweeps covers up the fact that his ideas and songs are really quit boring.

Old 2007-01-03, 21:19
Unanything
Post-whore

Most of us lyricists don't write by genre anyway, we write by what comes to us. And I myself can stray across many topics or genres in one piece.

www.garageband.com/tranxnart
www.myspace.com/tranxnart
www.youtube.com/user/Tranxhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while fucking you in the eye. Brutal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridadude
I coated the end of a toothpick with Satan's blood and simply wiped it across the top of an omelet. PERFECT!

Old 2007-01-09, 01:00
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

I'd have to have my own. I'm a mixologist.

I think it's good to have all kinds. That's how I've learned alot. I even read one of the hardest things I've ever attempted to read by Allen Ginsberg just because someone scoffed at me for not. NEVER AGAIN! I almost fell asleep.

But anyways, I think it's a good forum here. The no holds barred subjects make it attractive. I could not post non-metal pieces here, but I think a breather from the usual is okay. And there's a few people who do like them. It also shows versitality.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!

Old 2007-01-09, 16:44
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Ginsberg hard? It's just a flow of sounds, just like Bob Dylan's more obscure moments. The people he was moving against were hard.

Anyway, this isn't happening. Isn't there some generic discussion thread in Poetry/Lyrical for what's going on in this thread now, anyway?

Old 2007-01-10, 11:36
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Yeah, it's way down the board somewhere. We talked about a discussion thread ages ago and it's there somewhere.

I don't want to get involved with a Ginsberg discussion, but I think the tedium and listlike rambling was what was getting to me. I couldn't wait for the drone to be over.

I think this is the thread at the lyrics forum. http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthre...highlight=ideas

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!

Last edited by L,B'XXX : 2007-01-10 at 11:39.

Old 2007-01-12, 17:36
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Bump the thread.

And there's no drone if you read out loud and let the content not matter. If you keep thinking 'this is a list,' you'll get bored, but if you just dig the sounds you'll be fine.